Welcome to the Clothing Guide for ESO. In this guide I will explain how to level up your Clothing level fast and efficient. I will also showcase you research times, traits that currently exist and what kind of passives that you can get to improve your Clothing expertise.
What is Clothing in ESO
Clothing is used to craft Light and Medium Armor. In order to craft gear, you need to collect Clothing materials from nodes.
How do I level up Clothing in ESO
All crafting skill lines are leveled up via gain of “Inspiration”, which is the “crafting experience”.
Inspiration gain can’t be increased with Ambrosia Drinks, Crown Experience Scrolls or other experience boosting methods. There are only two ways to increase inspiration gain:
- 10% ESO Plus Membership
- 20% “Inspiration Boost” Champion Point Passive (acquired by spending 30 CP in the “Tower” CP tree, so you need to have 90 CP)
There is basically two easy ways to level up Clothing.
- Deconstruct Items
- Refine rough wood
Every time you deconstruct Items at the Clothing workbench, you will gain experience. Higher quality items will give you more experience compared to lower quality items. there are also Item pieces that have the trait “Intricate”. When you deconstruct those items you will gain additional Inspiration experience.
Refine jute and raw hide
When you travel through Tamriel, you will find crafting nodes everywhere, pick them up to gather fibrous raw materials. You can then go to the Clothing workbench and refine them into material. Everytime you refine something you will gain experience from it.
Trait Research for Clothing in ESO
If you want to craft certain sets, you need to have a specific amount of traits researched, it is very important that you research traits as soon as possible. The first few traits will not take long to research, but the last trait can take over two months if you do not have any of the passives activated.
Make sure to level up the more useful traits first, so you can start using them sooner.
- 1st Trait: 6 hours
- 2nd Trait: 12 hours
- 3rd Trait: 24 hours
- 4th Trait: 48 hours
- 5th Trait: 96 hours (4 days)
- 6th Trait: 192 hours (8 days)
- 7th Trait: 384 hours (16 days)
- 8th Trait: 768 hours (32 days)
- 9th Trait: 1536 hours (64 days)
What Traits do exist?
Here you can see the armor traits and what you need to craft them, values are from a gold quality item.
- Divine (Sapphire) – Increases Mundus Stone effect by 7.5%.
- Invigorating (Garnet) – Increases Magicka, Stamina and Health recovery by 11.
- Impenetrable (Diamond) – Increases Critical Resistance by 258.
- Infused (Bloodstone) – Increases Enchantment effect by 20%
- Nirnhoned (Fortified Nirncrux) – Increases Spell and Physical Resistance by 301.
- Reinforced (Sardonyx) – Increases Armor by 16%.
- Sturdy (Quartz) – Reduces Block cost by 4%
- Training (Emerald) – Increases experience gained by 11%.
- Well-Fitted (Almandine) – Reduces cost of Sprinting and Roll Dodge by 5%.
Passive Abilities of Clothing
There are some powerful passives that you want to have active at all times on your crafter. When you craft, deconstruct or refine items make sure to have Unraveling and Tannin Expertise active.
You can learn more about Clothing passives in the Clothing Skill-line category.
- Level 1: Jute and Rawhide
- Level 2: Flax and Hide
- Level 3: Cotton and Leather
- Level 4: Spidersilk and Thick Leather
- Level 5: Ebonthread and Topgrain Hidde
- Level 6: Famin and Fell Hide
- Level 7: Ironthread and Iron Hide
- Level 8: Silverweave and Scaled Hide
- Level 9: Void Cloth and Daedra Hide
- Level 10: Ancestor Silk and Rubedo leather
- Keen Eye: Cloth
- Level 1: Fibrous plants are easier to spot from 20 meters or closer.
- Level 2: Fibrous plants are easier to spot from 30 meters or closer.
- Level 3: Fibrous plants are easier to spot from 40 meters or closer.
- Outfitter Hireling
- Level 1: Hireling will send you cloth and leather and possibly other items every day.
- Level 2: Hireling will send you more cloth and leather and possibly better items every day.
- Level 3: Hireling will send you even more cloth and leather and even better items every day.
- Level 1: Improves the chances of extracting Clothing ingredients and allows the refining of more powerful tannins form raw materials.
- Level 2: Greatly improves the chances of extracting Clothing ingredients and allows the refining of more powerful tannins from raw materials.
- Level 3: Maximizes the chances of extracting Clothing ingredients and allows the refining of the most powerful tannins from raw materials.
- Level 1: Reduces research times by 5%, allows you to research two items at once.
- Level 2: Reduces research times by 10%, allows you to research two items at once.
- Level 3: Reduces research times by 20%, allows you to research three items at once.
- Level 4: Reduces research times by 25%, allows you to research three items at once. Limits research timee to 30 days.
- Tannin Expertise
- Level 1: Increases the chances of improving items with tannins.
- Level 2: Greatly increases the chances of improving items with tannins.
- Level 3: More than doubles the chances to improve items with tannins.