Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Dungeons & Trial Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Dragonkight Healer Build PvE “Obsidian” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Obsidian Healer Build is made for Dungeons and Trials. Remember, always adjust builds to your needs. If you are new to ESO, please make sure to also check out:
- New Player Beginners Guide
- Magicka Dragonknight Beginners Guide
- Healer Beginner Guide
- Endgame Healer Sets
The Magicka Dragonknight Healer Build PvE has very strong class based abilities like Cauterize, Cinder Storm and Fragmented Shield. Those Skills in combination with the Restoration Staff Skill-line makes up for a very strong Healer setup! Overall the Dragonknight Healer can push out a lot of heal over times.
- Dungeon & Trial Build
- Insane Resource Management
- Insane Healing Output
- Group Support
- Buff/Debuff Setup
- Light Armor
- Fire Debuff on Enemy
- Easy Sustain
Changes to the previous Version
Updated the gear setup, added character screenshot and changed Healing Springs with Illustrious Healing.
We have more than enough Magicka Recovery to be able to sustain without any issues. Using Clockwork Citrus Filet (or Witchmother’s Potent Brew) in combination with a Magicka Recovery Glyph and The Atronach Mundus Stone which also boosts our Magicka Recovery, we get to a pretty good high Magicka Recovery. Also do not forget to Heavy Attack as Resto Staves give you 30% more resources back! On top of that we have access to Battle Roar and Helping Hands passives in the Earthen Heart Tree, which make sustain even easier. You get so much resources back for activating an Ultimate.
- Battle Roar & Helping Hands
- Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Heavy Attacks
- Clockwork Citrus Filet (Witchmothers Brew Drink)
Dungeons & Trial Setup
5x Perf. Olorime, 5x Hollowfang, 2x Symphony of Blades on a Breton with Clockwork buff food.
- Unbuffed: Out of combat
- Buffed: Spell Power Potion and Major Courage were active when I took the screenshot.
Gear Setup 1
|Chest||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Head||Sentinel of Rkugamz||Heavy||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Shoulder||Sentinel of Rkugamz||Medium||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Grand Rejuvenation||Resto Staff||Powered||Magicka Drain Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock Damage Enchant|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
For the beginner setup, any trait of the sets works, if you want the perfect traits follow the main gear setup. Most important is that you get the sets complete to benefit from the bonus of each set.
|Chest||Kagrenac's Hope||Heavy||Any Trait||Health|
|Belt||Armor of the Seducer||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Shoes||Armor of the Seducer||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Pants||Kagrenac's Hope||Medium||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Hands||Kagrenac's Hope||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Head||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Shoulder||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Necklace||Armor of the Seducer||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Kagrenac's Hope||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Magic Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Kagrenac's Hope||Lightning Staff||Any Trait||Shock Damage|
Where can I get the gear?
Other useful sets:
Symphony of Blades: vDepths of Malatar, Urgalarg Undaunted Chest
Healing Mage (Mending): Aetherian Archive
Jorvuld's Guidance: Scalecaller Peak
Kagrenac's Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge (You must have completed the Fighters Guild quest line to have access to craft this Set. Requires 8 Traits to craft pieces of this Set)
Hircine's Veneer: Selene’s Web
Timeless Blessing (Asylum Resto): Asylum Sanctorium
Master's Restoration Staff: Dragonstar Arena
Torug's Pact: Craftable (Requires 3 Traits)
Molag Kena: White Gold Tower
Spell Power Cure: White Gold Tower
Remember, Healers often need to change a few skills during runs. So this setup is not maced into stone, adjust it to your needs.
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Destro Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Radiating Regeneration||Slot 1: Cinder Storm|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 3: Illustrious Healing||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Obsidian Shard||Slot 4: Energy Orb|
|Slot 5: Fragmented Shield||Slot 5: Cauterize|
|Ultimate: Life Giver||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
- Radiating Regeneration: Very strong heal over time that you have to keep up all the time.
- Combat Prayer: This is your main spammable as a healer, it needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 8%.
- Illustrious Healing: Very strong heal over time.
- Obsidian Shard: Huge Burst Heal with a long range. 28m range to the enemy and then it can travel another 28m to heal a ally.
- Fragmented Shield: Applies a small shield and gives you Major Mending for 5 seconds.
- Live Giver Ulti: Heals for a lot and applies several other heals to the low Health Player.
- Cinder Storm: Strong and long lasting heal over time that can be placed on the ground.
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Energy Orb: Use this as much as possible, when group members activate the Synergy, they restore a lot of resources.
- Cauterize: Very powerful burst heal, shoots Orbs at allies to heal them.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
If you need optimized defensive Champion Points for a specific trial I recommend checking out my Maximize Damage Mitigation in Trials Article.
- Calculator: In case you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 26 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
28 Tumbling, 44 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
40 Warlord, 8 Sprinter
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 43 Spell Shield
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 27 Elemental Expert, 1 Spell Erosion
10 Tumbling, 39 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 18 Spell Shield
61 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Health Recovery)
Witchmothers Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
The Atronach ( Increased Magicka Recovery)
Breton (Recommended, best sustain)
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
- Ardent Flame: None
- Draconic Power: Iron Skin, Burning Heart, Elder Dragon, Scaled Armor
- Earthen Heart: Eternal Mountain, Helping Hands
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked,
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Mages Guild (optional): Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Psijic Order (Optional): Clairvoyance, Spell Orb, Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
All into Magicka
11.08.2019 Updated Build for the SCALEBREAKER DLC, Elsweyr Chapter. Magicka Dragonknight Healer Build Obsidian.
20.10.2019 Updated the Build for the DRAGONHOLD DLC.
20.02.2020 Updated the Build for the HARROWSTORM DLC.
21.05.2020 Updated the Build for the GREYMOOR CHAPTER.
Tags: Magicka Dragonknight Healer, Mag DK Healer, Magicka DK Healer Build