Sorcerer Tank Build PvE “Capacitor” – Summerset Chapter
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Dungeons Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Sorcerer Tank Build PvE “Capacitor” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO.
The Sorcerer Tank Build Capacitor is optimized for Dungeons & Trials. Keep in mind there is a huge variety of different tank builds out there that synergize well depending on your group setup. This build functions as a base line, adjust it to your needs!
The Sorcerer Tank Build Capacitor has great self sustain and healing. With Spell Symmetry we have endless Magicka sustain and Dark Deal covers the Stamina sustain. Those abilities synergize really well together and can basically be used infinitely. Just keep in mind, when you use Dark Deal, you drop block for a split second! Dark Deal also heals you for approx. 10’000 per cast, on top of that we also have the Clannfear that heals us for 35% of our maximum Health, which is about 16’000 Health non-crit, when we add Major Vitality to the mix it ends up being about 25’000. And the heal from the clannfear can actually crit and you end up with a 40’000 heal boost if timed correctly. Using Lord Warden and Ebon Armory also lets us support our group members with extra health and Resistance.
- Dungeon Build
- Tank/Support Build
- Heavy Armor
- Great sustain
- Easy survivability
- Good Shielding
- Insane Healing
- Insane Resource Management
- Concuss enemies for 8% more dmg
Changes from the previous version
Updated Champion Points. Changed Jewelry traits to Triune and three block cost reduction. To make the Build more unique, I am listing up Ebon Armory + Plague Doctor as the main setup. Also, if you want you can go three times Potion Cooldown Reduction which will give you the most insane sustain boost but at a very costly price because you will be using Potions every 21 seconds.
- I added a separate section about the triple Infused Potion Cooldown setup below the Resource Management section of the build.
- You can find out in this Jewelry Crafting Article where the specific Jewelry traits drop.
Sorcerers have very easy ways to sustain, Spell Symmetry returns Magicka and Dark Deal returns Stamina, basically allowing us infinite sustain. Templars can support you with Spears to give you about 4000 Stamina back, or any other healer that can use Orbs that have the same effect. that is also the reason why we have more Stamina than Magicka. The Spear and Orbs restores your higher resource pool. So our Stamina is about 1-2k higher than our Magicka pool, which means we will always get Stamina back from the Spears or the Orbs! Also, you do not always need to permablock, so when you have time, do some heavy attacks to restore some resources! Most bosses do not require to perma-block, thus you have enough time to actually recover.
- Dark Deal
- Spell Symmetry
- Heavy Attacks
- Spears (Templar ability)
- Orbs (Undaunted skill)
- Argonian passive
Being an Argonian helps immensely with sustain, because every time you activate a Potion, you get a ton of extra resources back, basically going from zero to full with one potion.
Infused Jewelry with Potion Cooldown
This is by far the best way to sustain, but it comes at a price. Your potions will have a 21 second cooldown, therefore you will drink twice as much potions as normal, which means you need a lot of gold to sustain your “potion addiction”. With this tactic, you can for example also use two different potions at the same time, which means you can have more different effects on you!
This is especially powerful on an Argonian, because of their “Resourceful” passive, like you can see in the picture below. You get resources more often because you use more potions and because the Resourceful passive will activate more often.
I decided to not directly implement it into the build but leave it as an option, because it is very expensive to choke potions every 21 seconds, especially if we are talking about tri-stat potions.
This is without Aggressive Warhorn activated.
Remember that there is a ton of good Tank sets to choose from. Here are a few good sets to list them up:
- Ebon Armory
- Roar of Alkosh
- Torug's Pact
- Plague Doctor
- Powerful Assault
- Akaviri Dragonguard
- Perfect Aegis of Galanwe
- Set allocation: It does not matter what gearsets you wear where, as long as you use those two combos, you should be fine.
- Monster Sets: There are various Monster sets that you can wear along with this combination. You can also use Mighty Chudan, Pirate Skeleton, Bloodspawn etc.
- Swarm Mother: This set is very good for Dungeons, it automatically pulls almost all type of enemies to you without any cooldown.
|Chest||Plague Doctor||Heavy||Reinforced||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Belt||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Shoes||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Pants||Plague Doctor||Heavy||Infused||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Hands||Plague Doctor||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Head||Lord Warden||Light||Infused||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Shoulder||Lord Warden||Medium||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Necklace||Ebon Armory||Jewelry||Triune||Block Cost Reduction|
|Ring||Ebon Armory||Jewelry||Triune||Block Cost Reduction|
|Ring||Ebon Armory||Jewelry||Triune||Block Cost Reduction|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Plague Doctor||1H-Weap||Infused||Weakening Enchantment|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Plague Doctor||Shield||Infused||Tri-Stat Enchantment|
|Weapon 2 S&B||Plague Doctor||1H-Weap||Infused||Crusher Enchantment|
|Weapon 2 S&B||Plague Doctor||Shield||Infused||Tri-Stat Enchantment|
Where can I get the gear?
Ebon Armory: Crypts of Hearts
Lord Warden: Imperial City Prison
Plague Doctor: Deshaan
Torug's Pact: Craftable
Roar of Alkosh: Maw of Lorkhaj
Swarm Mother: Spindleclutch 1
Sentinel of Rkugamz: Darkshade Cavern 1
Aegis of Galenwe: Cloudrest
Crusher and Weakening Enchantment
Torug’s Pact and Infused trait combination is another possible choice that you can use. The Weakening and Crusher Enchantment have a base cooldown of 10 seconds. With Infused alone, so without Torug’s you go down to 5 seconds. With Torug’s and Infused you go down to 3.5 seconds. Which is not really needed but you will still get the extra stats for enchantments, which is the main reason we are using it. If you do think its overkill then go for Alkosh for example. Woeler has some cool graphs showing Torugs vs Alkosh, make sure to go check them out for more clarification.
Make sure to adjust your skills to your needs, this setup is not maced into stone, make sure to adjust skills depending on the situation of a fight.
- Bone Surge: Using Bone Surge gives us access to Major Vitality, increasing our healing received by 30%, which boosts our own heals by a huge amount, as you can see in the picture. If someone activates the Surge synergy you and 3 other members will gain a shield that absorbs 100% damage of their current health, in our case around 46’000.
- Dark Deal: Restores a lot of Stamina for the cost of Magicka. Be careful tho, you will drop block for half a second. This in combination with Spell Symmetry allows you to have endless sustain.
- Pierce Armor: Your main taunt, also debuffs the enemy with Major Fracture and Major Breach, reducing Spell and Physical Resistance by 5280.
- Spell Symmetry: One of the most important skills for this setup. If you use Spell Symmetry you restore 3000 Magicka and your next magicka ability that you use gets a reduced cost of 25% this lasts 5 seconds. Therefore, before you use the Unstable Clannfear, make sure to use this skill to basically “gain” magicka on cast of the other abilities.
IMPORTANT: Be aware that when you use the skill, that all shields and healing will be cut in half for the next 4 seconds.
- Unstable Clannfear: This pet is insane, the heal when you activate your pet scales of your maximum Health. We have around 46k-50k health and the pet heals for 35% of that and it actually can crit. On top of that, even if you use Spell Symmetry you can still heal yourself for a good amount. While we have a pet active, we also gain 8% more overall Health due to the Expert Summoner passive.
- Shield Discipline: Only use this Ultimate when you have no resources available, otherwise I always recommend using the Horn. You could also slot Temporal Guard here to gain free 8% damage mitigation.
- Boundless Storm: Keep this ability up all the time, it gives you Major Ward and Resolve to increase Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280, plus you actually can concuss enemies. And you get Major Expedititon Speed buff.
- Heroic Slash: Debuffs the enemy with a 15% damage reduction debuff and also gives you Minor Heroism, increasing your Ultimate generation.
- Silver Leash: This morph now chains enemies towards you. Be careful when you use it, because it costs Stamina.
- Inner Rage: This is your ranged taunt, in case you can not get to a mob fast enough.
- Aggressive Warhorn: Your main Ultimate, to buff the group with 10% more max resources and crit damage boost.
|S&B Mainbar||S&B bar|
|Slot 1: Bone Surge||Slot 1: Boundless Storm|
|Slot 2: Dark Deal||Slot 2: Heroic Slash|
|Slot 3: Pierce Armor||Slot 3: Silver Leash|
|Slot 4: Spell Symmetry||Slot 4: Inner Rage|
|Slot 5: Unstable Clannfear||Slot 5: Unstable Clannfear|
|Ultimate: Shield Discipline/ Temporal Guard||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
Other Good Skills:
- Empowered Ward: The main point of this skill is so your group members receive Minor Intellect, increasing their Magicka Recovery by 10%. It is also a well sized shield that you can use to shield hard hitting abilities.
- Energy orb: This skill helps to support your other group members with better sustain when they activate the Synergy, usually Healers already run those.
- Temporal Guard: This is the new Psijic Order Ultimate. You could slot this on the front bar to gain 8% free damage mitigation.
- Flex Spot: If you want more Shock abilities that concuss enemies to gain 8% damage for your group members, you could swap out the Clannfear to open up two spots, one for Liquid Lightning and the other one with something else.
Championpoints [750 CP]
40 Precise Strikes
47 Physical Weapons Expert, 73 Master-at-Arms
75 Blessed, 15 Spell Erosion
81 Shadow Ward, 40 Tumbling
56 Warlord, 21 Bashing Focus, 9 Sprinter
32 Quick Recovery
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
66 Ironclad, 6 Spellshield
Championpoints [300 CP]
76 Blessed, 23 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
75 Shadow Ward, 25 Tumbling
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Sorcerer Tank Build PvE
You have to make sure to have a bit more Stamina than Magicka. Because of the Synergies you pick up give you back whatever stat is higher. You can change this to your liking, if you do not need that much health, get more stamina.
20 Magicka, 0 Health, 44 Stamina
Longfin pasty with Melon Sauce (Max Health+Max Stamina+Max Magicka)
The Lord (Max Health)
(Health, Stamina, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Columbine, Dragonthorn)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
- Dark Magic: All passives
- Daedric Summoning: All passives
- Storm Calling: All passives
- One Hand and Shield: All passives
- Heavy Armor: All passives
- Medium Armor: Wind Walker
- Light Armor: Recovery, Evocation, Spell Warding
- Vampire: Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Dark Stalker
- Fighters Guild: All
- Mages Guild: All
- Undaunted: All
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Psijic Order: optional
I highly recommend being a Vampire. Vampire provides you higher Magicka and Stamina recovery and makes you tankier on low health like I explain in the Vampire Mechanics Video.
- Dragonknight Tank Build PvE
- Nightblade Tank Build PvE
- Templar Tank Build PvE
- Warden Tank Build PvE
- Dragonknight Shield Tank Build PvE (SC)
09.05.2018 Added Build for Summerset Chapter Sorcerer Tank Build PvE