Warden Tank Build “Frostbite” – Summerset Chapter
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Trials & Dungeons Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Warden Tank Build PvE “Frostbite” for PvE Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Warden Tank Build is optimized for Dungeons & Trials!
Warden Tanks have amazing group support. You have access to pretty good sustain and tons of support abilties. Ice Fortress gives everyone Major Ward and Major Resolve increasing their Armor & Spell resistance by 5280 which is a lot of extra damage mitigation for the whole group! Leeching Vines add some extra heals for you or your groupmembers, small heal over time. And passives like Natures Gift make sustain also pretty easy as long as you can heal your groupmates! Overall the Warden has really good tanking options with a lot of class skills to choose. We focus on debuffing the boss as much as possible with Sets like Torug's Pact combined with Crusher and Weakening Enchant. And we use Ebon Armory to boost the health of all our group members. The Blood Spawn also gives us a boost to ultimate regeneration, increasing our ultimate regeneration even further in combination with Shimmering Shield.
- Dungeon & Trial Build
- Warden Class
- Tank/ Support Setup
- Double Sword & Board setup
- Huge resources
- Good sustain
- High group support
- Good healing
Changes from the previous version
Updated Champion Points. Changed Jewelry traits to Triune, two block cost reduction and one Spell Cost Reduction. To make the Build more unique, I am listing up Ebon Armory + Torug’s Pact as the main setup. On this build we are utilizing the new Psijic Order ability “Deep Thoughts, more to that in the Resource Management section. Also, if you want you can go three times Potion Cooldown Reduction which will give you the most insane sustain boost but at a very costly price because you will be using Potions every 21 seconds.
- I added a separate section about the triple Infused Potion Cooldown setup below the Resource Management section of the build.
- You can find out in this Jewelry Crafting Article where the specific Jewelry traits drop.
Warden has a few good ways to sustain as a Tank. Every time we heal someone we proc the Natures Gift passive which gives a lot of resources back. On top of that we do have the Bull Netch which gives us about 4000 Stamina over 20 seconds back, which is nice for blocking in general. With so much Health we also do not always need to perma-block, once you get used to fights you will know when you can drop block and use a few heavy attacks now and then to restore stamina. A Templar can also support you with Spears to give you about 4000 Stamina back, that is also the reason why we have more Stamina than Magicka. The Spear, and same thing goes for the Orbs from the Undaunted Skill-line, it restores your higher resource pool. So our Stamina is about 2k higher than our Magicka pool, which means we will always get Stamina back from the Spears or the Orbs! And as you can see we have overall pretty high Magicka Recovery which means we can use a lot of support abilities. Shimmering Shield also restores a bit of Magicka when you get hit by a projectile, on top of that you gain Major Heroism increasing your Ultimate regeneration by a lot!
- Natures Gift passive
- Bull Netch
- Heavy Attacks
- Spears (Templar ability)
- Orbs (Undaunted skill)
Now that we have access to Psijic Order abilities, we are using “Deep Thoughts” that restore a huge amount of Magicka and Stamina per second. On top of that it also heals us every second. While we are channeling Psijic order abilities, we also gain 30% damage mitigation through the Deliberation passive that gives us Major Protection. Activate Shimmering Shield before using Deep Thoughts, so you are immune to all ranged attacks for a short time. The Major Protection also reduces the incoming damage on your Shimmering Shield.
Infused Jewelry with Potion Cooldown
This is by far the best way to sustain, but it comes at a price. Your potions will have a 21 second cooldown, therefore you will drink twice as much potions as normal, which means you need a lot of gold to sustain your “potion addiction”. With this tactic, you can for example also use two different potions at the same time, which means you can have more different effects on you!
This is especially powerful on an Argonian, because of their “Resourceful” passive, like you can see in the picture below. You get resources more often because you use more potions and because the Resourceful passive will activate more often.
I decided to not directly implement it into the build but leave it as an option, because it is very expensive to choke potions every 21 seconds, especially if we are talking about tri-stat potions.
Trials & Dungeons Setup
Remember that there is a ton of good Tank sets to choose from. Here are a few good sets to list them up:
- Ebon Armory
- Roar of Alkosh
- Torug's Pact
- Plague Doctor
- Powerful Assault
- Akaviri Dragonguard
- Perfect Aegis of Galanwe
Gear Setup 1
- Set allocation: It does not matter what gearsets you wear where, as long as you use those two combos, you should be fine.
- Monster Sets: There are various Monster sets that you can wear along with this combination. You can also use Mighty Chudan, Pirate Skeleton, Bloodspawn etc.
- Swarm Mother: This set is very good for Dungeons, it automatically pulls almost all type of enemies to you without any cooldown.
- Why Stamina Enchantment on backbar? That way when we weapon swap, we can always proc the Maturation passive which gives us the extra health.
|Chest||Torug's Pact||Heavy||Reinforced||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Belt||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Shoes||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Pants||Torug's Pact||Heavy||Infused||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Hands||Torug's Pact||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Head||Blood Spawn||Light||Infused||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Shoulder||Blood Spawn||Medium||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Necklace||Ebon Armory||Jewelry||Triune||Spell Cost Reduction|
|Ring||Ebon Armory||Jewelry||Triune||Block Cost Reduction|
|Ring||Ebon Armory||Jewelry||Triune||Block Cost Reduction|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Torug's Pact||1H-Weap||Infused||Weakening Enchantment|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Torug's Pact||Shield||Infused||Tri-Stat Enchantment|
|Weapon 2 S&B||Torug's Pact||1H-Weap||Infused||Crusher Enchantment|
|Weapon 2 S&B||Torug's Pact||Shield||Infused||Stamina Enchantment|
Where can I get the gear?
- Polar Wind: Can be used to support heal on this tank, both for you and a group member.
- Shimmering Shield: When you absorb a Projectile, you gain Major Heroism, increasing your Ultimate generation by a lot.
- Pierce Armor: Your main taunt, also debuffs the enemy with Major Fracture and Major Breach, reducing Spell and Physical Resistance by 5280.
- Bull Netch: Your most important stamina resource management tool, it is free cast and is active for a long time.
- Deep Thoughts: Channeled ability that returns a lot of Health, Stamina and Magicka. You can not block while you are channeling this skill. Major Protection is applied to you while this is active, reducing your incoming damage by 30%.
- Enchanted Forest: Only use this Ultimate in case your group drops very low on health. Huge burst heal while ppl stand in that healing AoE.
- Leeching Vines: Keep this up all the time, very strong heal over time for you and your group
- Heroic Slash: Debuffs the enemy with a 15% damage reduction debuff and also gives you Minor Heroism, increasing your Ultimate generation.
- Ice Fortress: Provided you with Major Ward and Resolve, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280 plus another 8% damage mitigation from Minor Protection.
- Inner Rage: This is your ranged taunt, in case you can not get to a mob fast enough.
- Silver Leash: Chains enemies to you, uses Stamina. (You can also run the Frozen Device instead of the Leash)
- Aggressive Warhorn: Your main Ultimate, to buff the group with 10% more max resources and crit damage boost.
|S&B Mainbar||S&B second bar|
|Slot 1: Polar Wind||Slot 1: Leeching Vines|
|Slot 2: Shimmering Shield||Slot 2: Heroic Slash|
|Slot 3: Pierce Armor||Slot 3: Ice Fortress|
|Slot 4: Bull Netch||Slot 4: Inner Rage|
|Slot 5: Deep Thoughts||Slot 5: Silver Leash|
|Ultimate: Enchanted Forest||Ultimate: Aggressive Horn|
Championpoints [750 CP]
40 Precise Strikes
47 Physical Weapons Expert, 73 Master-at-Arms
75 Blessed, 15 Spell Erosion
81 Shadow Ward, 40 Tumbling
56 Warlord, 21 Bashing Focus, 9 Sprinter
32 Quick Recovery
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
66 Ironclad, 6 Spell Shield
Championpoints [300 CP]
76 Blessed, 23 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
75 Shadow Ward, 25 Tumbling
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Warden Tank Build PvE
You have to make sure to have a bit more Stamina than Magicka. Because of the Synergies you pick up give you back whatever stat is higher. You can change this to your liking, if you do not need that much health, get more stamina.
18 Magicka, 0 Health, 46 Stamina
Longfin pasty with Melon Sauce (Max Health+Max Stamina+Max Magicka)
The Lord (Max Health)
(Health, Stamina, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Columbine, Dragonthorn)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
- Animal Companions: All passives
- Green Balance: All passives
- Winter’s Embrance: All passives
- One Hand and Shield: All passives
- Heavy Armor: All passives
- Medium Armor: Wind Walker
- Light Armor: Recovery, Evocation, Spell Warding
- Vampire: Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Dark Stalker
- Fighters Guild: All passives
- Mages Guild: All passives
- Undaunted: All passives
- Racial: All passives
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Psijic Order: Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
I highly recommend being a Vampire. Vampire provides you higher Magicka and Stamina recovery and makes you tankier on low health like I explain in the Vampire Mechanics Video.
- Dragonknight Tank Build PvE
- Sorcerer Tank Build PvE
- Nightblade Tank Build PvE
- Templar Tank Build PvE
- Dragonknight Shield Tank Build PvE (SC)
09.05.2018 Added Build for Summerset Chapter Warden Tank Build PvE
23.05.2018 Updated Gearsetup, using stamina glyph on backbar to always proc maturation passive there when we weapon swap. Warden Tank Build PvE.