Table of Contents
- Solo Setup
- Resource Management
Welcome to the Werewolf Build PvE “Solo Werewolf” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. This build is designed for Solo Overland, Dungeons and the Maelstrom Arena.
If you want a group focused max DPS Werewolf build please check out the “Claws” Werewolf Build! You can also find all Class setups in the Claws build, whereas here we just focus on the werewolf part of things! If you are looking for an introduction into Werewolf, I recommend checking out the very detailed Werewolf, everything you need to know guide!
The focus of this build is to give you easy accessible gear choices that are very effective in Werewolf form, which will make it fairly difficult to kill you because you have constant healing going on. We achieve really high health recovery with certain sets.
- Solo Werewolf Build
- ANY CLASS ANY RACE
- Permanent Werewolf in Maelstrom Arena
- Optimized for Maelstrom Arnea
- One Bar Build
- Easy to get Gear (Non-DLC, Orsinium)
- Good DPS
- Good Survivability
- Built-in Healing
First two pictures are unbuffed, one in human form and one in werewolf form. The third one is in Werewolf form buffed.
Once Troll King actually procs you can hit almost 4000 health recovery, that is so much especially since we have 30k resistances, it will be very hard to kill you. Keep in mind, that you need to have some sort of healing on an enemy to proc Troll King when you are under 50% health. I also put 10 points into health to reach around 25k Health.
With this setup, all gear choices can be obtained in Non-DLC areas and you don’t need to transmute anything. You do not really need best in slot traits, divine is nice but if you can not find the right trait do not worry too much about it. You can actually buy both Alessian and Briarheart from the store for a fairly cheap price as long as you do not pick the perfect trait.
BLUE QUALITY Briarheart jewelry is very cheap and more then enough for this setup. You really only need to make sure to gold out your weapons for the extra damage.
Yes we are using Heavy Armor with this setup, we gain more health and higher resistances!
|Head||The Troll King||Medium||Divine||Stamina|
|Shoulder||The Troll King||Light||Divine||Stamina|
|Weapon 1 DW||Briarheart||Dagger||Nirnhoned||Damage Health Poisons|
|Weapon 1 DW||Briarheart||Dagger||Sharpened||Damage Health Poisons|
|Weapon 2||Briarheart||Bow||Infused||Weapon Damage Enchantment|
Where can I get the gear?
There is an unique dagger for Briarheart that you can acquire from a quest in Wrothgar. Next to the Icy Shore Wayshrine talk to a guy called Eshir and follow his questline. If you do this on two characters, you will get two daggers. You will have to re-trait them though with the transmute station.
If you want human form skill setups please check out “Claws” Werewolf Build. All the different class setups can be found there. Here I just want to focus on the Werewolf aspect.
|Slot 1: Brutal Pounce|
|Slot 2: Hircine’s Rage|
|Slot 3: Howl of Despair|
|Slot 4: Deafening Roar|
|Slot 5: Claws of Life|
|Ultimate: Werewolf Berserker|
- Light Attacks: Light Attacks are your main damage tool as a Werewolf, they do immense damage and also apply bleeding on the target.
- Brutal Pounce: Only use this as a gap closer, other than that the damage is pretty weak.
- Hircine’s Rage: This is your primary heal, the skill also applies Major Brutality to you, in case you do not want to use potions.
- Howl of Despair: Only use this skill when enemies are set off balance, Light Attacks deal more damage in normal situations, if you use this too much you will loose too much stamina.
- Deafening Roar: This ability fears up to 6 targets and also applies Major Fracture to the enemy.
- Claws of Life: This is your main active HEALING TOOL. Make sure it stays on all the enemies to keep the healing effect up.
- Berserker: The bleed does a lot of damage in addition to the light attacks, make sure to use this morph.
If you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
64 Mighty, 20 Thaumaturge, 52 Precise Strikes, 24 Piercing
66 Master-at-Arms, 44 Physical Weapon Expert
52 Shadow Ward, 52 Tumbling
49 Tenacity, 100 Mooncalf
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 43 Spellshield
49 Mighty, 16 Thaumaturge, 28 Precise Strikes, 22 Piercing
48 Master-at-Arms, 37 Physical Weapon Expert
20 Shadow Ward, 31 Tumbling
49 Tenacity, 100 Mooncalf
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 18 Spell Shield
Championpoints [300 CP]
37 Mighty, 15 Piercing
19 Tenacity, 49 Mooncalf
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Solo Stamina Werewolf Build PvE
The only downside to the setup is, that you have to run fairly expensive buff food called Artaeum Takeaway Broth, you need this one because it gives you A LOT of health recovery that you really need.
The Lover (Increased Penetration)
Any race works but the stamina races will obviously perform a bit better.
Because we get Major Brutality from Hircine's Rage we can actually use these potions here, to gain extra health recovery.
Essence of Weapon Critical Potion
(Speedbuff ,Stamina, CC Immunity)
(Water Hyacinth, Columbine, Dragonthorn)
Damage Health Poison
(Damage Poison, Damage Poison)
(Fleshfly Larva, Nightshade, Nirnroot)
- Class Skill Lines for your Class.
- Dualwield: Slaughter, Dual Wield Expert, Controlled Fury, Ruffian, Twin Blade and Blunt
- Bow: Long Shots, Accuracy, Ranger, Hawk Eye, Hasty Retreat
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut, Revitalize, Rapid Mending
- Medium Armor: Dexterity, Wind Walker, Athletics
- Fighters Guild: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Werewolf: Pursuit, Blood Rage, Savage Strength
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
10 Health, 54 Stamina
Because we mostly spam Light Attacks, we do not really use stamina for our abilities. We use most of our stamina to block or dodge roll. In case you drop low on stamina do heavy attacks. Because we are in Werewolf form and heavy armor we gain an extra 75% stamina return on heavy attacks from Revitalize and Pursuit.
More important is that you manage your magicka, we have pretty low magicka so you can use your burst heal from Hircine twice before you run out, so make sure to make the heals count.
In case you don’t know what what weaving light attacks is, make sure to check out the “Weaving Beginner Guide” which explains how to weave light attacks between abilities, aka animation canceling.
Your main damage source are light attacks. Most enemies die within a few light attack hits. You can also charge a heavy attack if you are swapping a target. Other than that you could use Deafening Roar to FEAR enemies, so they get stunned for a short duration.
10.08.2019 Added this build with the Scalebreaker DLC, Solo Werewolf Build.
19.10.2019 Updated the build for the Dragonhold DLC, Elsweyr Chapter.
18.02.2020 Updated the build for the Harrowstorm DLC, Greymoor Chapter
Tags: Solo Werewolf, Solo Werewolf Build, One Bar Werewolf Build, Solo WW Build PvE