Welcome to the ESO Skyshards Guide. The Skyshard guide is here to help you find out what Skyshards actually are, what their use is, how many you can find and where you can find them all.
Table of Contents
What are Skyshards?
After you leave the tutorial in The Elder Scrolls Online, you find yourself in the world of Tamriel. Wherever you end up, upon exploring, you will sooner or later notice a glowy ray emitted from what looks like a crystal.
These are called Skyshards.
Unless you happen to travel to the mainland first and do the Soulless story quest first (or the main story quest), you won’t get an explanation on what a Skyshard is. The Soulless quest used to be the tutorial quest
What do Skyshards do?
Skyshards are meant to provide you with a skill point after you have collected three of them.
Upon finding all in an area, such as a region, you will be granted an Achievement. If you have collected all them, you will receive a new dye with which you can colour your costumes or clothes, called Aetherial Blue.
Since you also have to go into solo- and groupdelves in order to find some Skyshards, you will also get some other achievements, unlocking more colours and titles!
In the total 32 regions you can find 452 Skyshards. If we include the one from the Soulless quest this makes a total of 453 Skyshards you can find, which accumulates to 151 Skill points!
Tips for ESO Skyshards
When you go farm Skyshards, it’s good to start with those that are Overland first, meaning not bothering to go into delves in order to collect them. On the maps below the Overland Skyshards are marked Green, whereas the Delve and Public Dungeon Skyshards are marked Yellow.
Here is a list of tips which will help you in the long run:
- Get Rapid Maneuver from the Assault PvP Skill Line. If you go into Cyrodiil to complete the introduction quest, you will already have Rank 2 and a Skill Point to invest into this.
- In order to save some money on teleporting, or time, teleport to your guildmates from the guild menu, or friends on your friend list.
- Either get the Darkstrider or Jailbreaker (or both) if you want to collect all Skyshards. Especially for those in Delves and Public Dungeons.
- If you go Skyshard hunting in Cyrodiil, try going into a campaign that doesn’t have a high population, or at times where population is low. Most will be in enemy territory and others will also only be available if your faction controls these areas.
- While you are going on a Skyshard hunt, you can collect lorebooks at the same time, especially if you need the Mages Guild Skill Line. Even doing the Psijic Skill Line is a good idea while collecting Skyshards.
- In case you aren’t after completion or the achievement, and just want to farm skill points, skip those in the single-player delves. You might want to do the group event though in the Public dungeons, as they provide you with an additional skill point, too.
- After you are done collecting all Skyshards in a region, you can purchase them in the Crownstore per region (50 Crowns each)
If you collect all the Skyshards listed in your achievement journal, you will even receive an award. Aside from a Skyshard as a housing item, you will also receive this:
All ESO Skyshard Locations
- Green = Overland Skyshards
- Yellow = Delve and Public Dungeon Skyshards
|Location of all the ESO Blackwood Skyshards|
|Skyshard #||Found at:|
|1||In the ruins of a fort along the coast|
|2||Outside the marshy walls of a fort overrun with enemies|
|3||Behind the statue of a warrior|
|4||On an island in the sea|
|5||Where the floating roads sink beneath the water|
|6||Southeast of where the forgotten tower sits|
|7||Hidden where specters guard a dead fortress|
|8||In a place where a misstep leads to a long fall|
|9||Where the rocks pile high and the trees stand tall|
|10||By the island where the haj mota prowls|
|11||In a hidden corridor by the blooming red blossoms|
|12||On a platform above where the dead and living walk|
|13||Nestled in the moss where the behemoth stalks|
|14||High above where the Goblins scheme|
|15||Watched over by flaming skulls|
|16||Where spiders creep and birds speak|
|17||In a cave by the false night’s sky|
|18||In a rocky alcove, guarded by a vicious wamasu|
Like mentioned above, the fastest way to gain Skyshards is to pick up the Overland ones first, because that takes a lot less time than going into each delve or dungeon separately.