Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Trials & Dungeons Setup
- Build Video & Gameplay
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Templar Healer Build PvE “Reliever” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO.
The Reliever Healer Build is made for PvE Trials & Dungeons. Healing is a very difficult job, depending on how organized your group plays. There is no “best” setup for a healer build, always make sure to adjust the build to your needs. If you are new to ESO, please make sure to also check out:
Templar Healers have always been a very popular class setup. Their Class tree Restoring Light is specifically made for healing. Overall they have a very good healing output and on top of that they have a very specific skill called Breath of Life, which is basically a strong burst heal. Extended Ritual allows you to cleanse most of the debuffs and also give your group members a chance to pick up the Purify synergy, which does also cleanse the debuffs from them, very powerful.
- Dungeon, Arena & Trial Build
- Insane Healing
- Insane Sustain
- Light Armor
- Group Support
Changes to the previous Version
In the Markarth DLC U28 the build received some changes:
- Minor Berserk: Decreased to 5%, down from 8%.
The new restoration staff from the Vateshran Arena called Force Overflow is also a good ability altering weapon healers can use.
For Magicka Templars make sure to use Channeled Focus, the skill provides Armor & Spell Resistance and it also gives you extra Magicka Recovery. Using Clockwork Citrus Filet (or Witchmother’s Potent Brew) in combination with a Magicka Recovery Glyph and The Atronach Mundus Stone which also boosts our Magicka Recovery, we get to a pretty good high Magicka Recovery. Also do not forget to Heavy Attack on your Resto Staff bar, you will get 30% more resources back!
- Channeled Focus
- Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Heavy Attacks
- Clockwork Citrus Filet (or Witchmothers)
Trials & Dungeons Setup
5x Perf. Olorime, 5x Hollowfang, 2x Symphony of Blades on a Breton with Clockwork buff food.
- Unbuffed: Out of combat
- Buffed: Spell Power Potion, Major Courage, Minor Sorcery and Channeled Focus were active when I took the screenshot.
Gear Setup 1
|Chest||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Head||Sentinel of Rkguamz||Heavy||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Shoulder||Sentinel of Rkguamz||Medium||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Perfected Grand Rejuvenation||Resto Staff||Powered||Magicka Drain Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock Damage Enchant|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
For the beginner setup, any trait of the sets works, if you want the perfect traits follow the main gear setup. Most important is that you get the sets complete to benefit from the bonus of each set.
|Chest||Kagrenac’s Hope||Heavy||Any Trait||Health|
|Pants||Kagrenac’s Hope||Medium||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Hands||Kagrenac’s Hope||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Head||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Shoulder||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Weapon 1||Kagrenac’s Hope||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Magic Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Kagrenac’s Hope||Lightning Staff||Any Trait||Shock Damage|
Where can I get the gear?
Perfected Vestments of Olorime: vCloudrest
Vestments of Olorime: Cloudrest
Hollowfang Thirst: Moongrave Fane
Sentinel of Rkguamz: vDarkshade Caverns I, Maj Undaunted Chest
Perfected Grand Rejuvenation (Master Resto): vDragonstar Arena
Grand Rejuvenation (Master Resto): Dragonstar Arena
Kagrenac’s Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge
Spell Power Cure: White-Gold Tower
Remember, Healers often need to change a few skills out during runs, especially in Trials. So this setup is not maced into stone, adjust it to your needs.
- If you have Magicka Damage Dealers in your group make sure to activate Purifying Light in combat to activate the Minor Sorcery buff for your group members.
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Shock Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Breath of Life||Slot 1: Channeled Focus|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 3: Illustrious Healing||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Radiating Regeneration||Slot 4: Luminous Shards/ Orb|
|Slot 5: Purifying Light||Slot 5: Extended Ritual|
|Ultimate: Solar Prison||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
- Breath Of Life: Your main burst heal.
- Combat Prayer: This is your main spammable as a healer, it needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 5%.
- Illustrious Healing: Very strong heal over time that always has to be kept active.
- Radiating Regeneration: Very strong heal over time that you have to keep up all the time.
- Purifying Light: Activate to gain Minor Sorcery for you and your group via the Illuminate passive.
- Solar Prison: Can be used to mitigate a lot of damage and the synergy deals a crazy amount of damage.
- Channeled Focus: Gives Major Resistances and also greatly improves your sustain.
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Luminous Shards: Keep throwing this, allies can use the synergy to regain resources. You could also slot Orbs here.
- Extended Ritual: Keep this up all the time, strong heal and people can use the purify synergy to cleanse themselves from debuffs.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
If you need optimized defensive Champion Points for a specific trial I recommend checking out my Maximize Damage Mitigation in Trials Article.
- Calculator: In case you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
Champion Points 
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 26 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
28 Tumbling, 44 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
40 Warlord, 8 Sprinter
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 43 Spell Shield
Champion Points 
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 27 Elemental Expert, 1 Spell Erosion
10 Tumbling, 39 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 18 Spell Shield
Champion Points 
61 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Champion Points 2.0 Setup
Below you can find the Champion Points setup for this build. Work your way from top to bottom of the list depending on how many Champion Points you already have. For more information on Champion Points, please visit the Champion Points Overview Page on ESO-Hub.com.
Preset used for this allocation: https://eso-hub.com/en/champion-points/calculator?preset=e21c5222-2457-4672-98ec-b7bc3f5fb62a
- Points Needed: Implies how many Champion Points you will need to make it to that perk.
- Perk: Hoover over it to see what the perk does. For more information click on it to get redirected to ESO-Hub.com
- Points Invested: Amount of points that you have to place in the perk at that time.
Warfare Tree Points Allocation
The Warfare Champion Point tree is by far the most important to increase your healing and damage mitigation.
|Points needed||Perk||Points Used|
|240-390||Soothing Tide (Slottable)||50|
|390-540||Swift Renewal (Slottable)||50|
|660-810||Fighting Finesse (Slottable)||50|
|810-960||Arcane Supremacy (Slottable)||50|
|1890-2010||Battle Mastery (Only for physical dmg)||40|
|2010-2100||Mighty (Only for physical dmg)||30|
Fitness Tree Points Allocation
The Fitness Champion Points tree has useful health, recovery perks and more damage mitigation.
|Points Needed||Perks||Points Used|
|0-150||Boundless Vitality (Slottable)||50|
|495-645||Siphoning Spells (Slottable)||50|
Craft Tree Points Allocation
The Craft Champion Point tree is almost entirely optional, there is not really anything useful for combat itself. Follow the list or spend points however you want.
|Points needed||Perk||Points used|
|0-150||Steed’s Blessing (Slottable)||50|
|345-570||Liquid Efficiency (Slottable)||75|
|1290-1380||Out of Sight||30|
|1599-1749||Treasure Hunter (Slottable)||50|
Important Info for Magicka Templar Healer Build PvE
Ideally you want to use the Clockwork Citrus Filet as it provides you with a little bit extra Magicka and Health. However, that food is quite expensive, the other option is Witchmother’s Potent Brew that has similar stats.
Witchmother’s Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Health Recovery)
The Atronach will greatly improve your sustain for this setup.
The Atronach (Increased Magicka Recovery)
You can find more information about racial passives in the ESO Race Overview page.
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
- Aedric Spear: Piercing Spear, Spear Wall, Burning Light, Balanced Warrior
- Dawn’s Wrath: Enduring Rays, Prism, Illuminate, Restoring Spirit
- Restoring Light: Mending, Sacred Ground, Light Weaver, Master Ritualist
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
All into Magicka
Build Video & Gameplay
The Build Video is from VanaEvr, make sure to check out her youtube channel. The build may differentiate from the setup here, keep that in mind!
The footage is from Vanaevr, make sure to follow her on Youtube for more Healer footage.
11.08.2019 Added Build for the SCALEBREAKER DLC, Elsweyr Chapter, Magicka Templar Healer Build PvE.
20.10.2019 Updated the Build for the DRAGONHOLD DLC.
20.02.2020 Updated the Build for the HARROWSTORM DLC.
20.05.2020 Updated the Build for the GREYMOOR CHAPTER.
20.08.2020 Updated the Build for the STONETHORN DLC, Greymoor Chapter.
29.10.2020 Updated the Build for the MARKARTH DLC, Greymoor Chapter.
Tags: Templar Healer, Magplar Healer, Templar Support, Templar Support Build, Magplar Support Build