Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Dungeon & Trial Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Sorcerer Healer Build PvE “Surge” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Surge Healer Build is made for Dungeons. If you are new to ESO, please make sure to also check out:
Magicka Sorcerers have very strong burst heals thanks to the Summon Twilight Matriach pet. You can also support your group with Minor Intellect, increases everyones Magicka Recovery when you use Empowered Ward, this also shields your pet and yourself at the same time.
- Magicka Sorcerer Healer
- Insane Resource Management
- Insane Healing Output
- Group Support
- Buff/Debuff Setup
- Light Armor
Changes to the previous Version
In the Markarth DLC U28 the build received some changes:
- Minor Berserk: Decreased to 5%, down from 8%.
The new restoration staff from the Vateshran Arena called Force Overflow is also a good ability altering weapon healers can use.
We have more than enough Magicka Recovery to be able to sustain without any issues. Using Clockwork Citrus Filet (or Witchmother’s Potent Brew) in combination with a Magicka Recovery Glyph and The Atronach Mundus Stone which also boosts our Magicka Recovery, we get to a pretty good high Magicka Recovery. Also do not forget to Heavy Attack as Resto Staves give you 30% more resources back!
- Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Heavy Attacks
- Witchmothers Brew Drink (Clockwork Citrus Filet)
- Atronach Mundus
Dungeon & Trial Setup
5x Perf. Olorime, 5x Hollowfang, 2x Symphony of Blades on a Breton with Clockwork buff food.
- Unbuffed: Out of combat
- Buffed: Spell Power Potion, Major Courage and Matriarch Pet were active when I took the screenshot.
Gear Setup 1
|Chest||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Head||Sentinel of Rkguamz||Heavy||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Shoulder||Sentinel of Rkguamz||Medium||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Perfected Grand Rejuvenation||Resto Staff||Powered||Magicka Drain Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock Damage Enchant|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
For the beginner setup, any trait of the sets works, if you want the perfect traits follow the main gear setup. Most important is that you get the sets complete to benefit from the bonus of each set.
|Chest||Kagrenac’s Hope||Heavy||Any Trait||Health|
|Pants||Kagrenac’s Hope||Medium||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Hands||Kagrenac’s Hope||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Head||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Shoulder||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Weapon 1||Kagrenac’s Hope||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Magic Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Kagrenac’s Hope||Lightning Staff||Any Trait||Shock Damage|
Where can I get the gear?
Perfected Vestments of Olorime: vCloudrest
Vestments of Olorime: Cloudrest
Hollowfang Thirst: Moongrave Fane
Sentinel of Rkguamz: vDarkshade Caverns I, Maj Undaunted Chest
Perfected Grand Rejuvenation (Master Resto): vDragonstar Arena
Grand Rejuvenation (Master Resto): Dragonstar Arena
Kagrenac’s Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge
Spell Power Cure: White-Gold Tower
Remember, Healers often need to change a few skills out during runs. So this setup is not maced into stone, adjust it to your needs.
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Destro Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Radiating Regeneration||Slot 1: Liquid Lightning|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 3: Illustrious Healing||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Empowered Ward||Slot 4: Energy Orb|
|Slot 5: Twilight Matriarch||Slot 5: Twilight Matriarch|
|Ultimate: Absorption Field||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
- Radiating Regeneration: Very strong heal over time that you have to keep up all the time.
- Combat Prayer: This is your main spammable as a healer, it needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 5%.
- illustrious Healing: Very strong heal over time, always keep it up.
- Empowered Ward: If you think your pet and you need shielding, you could use Empowered Ward instead of Healing Ward. Also gives your group members Minor Intellect, increasing Magicka Recovery by 10%.
- Twilight Matriarch: The pet has an insanely strong heal, in case your group members are spread too far, just activate this, as long as they stand in a 28m range they will get healed.
- Absorption Field: When your group members stand in the Negate, they will get healed and the enemies will get stunned for a short duration.
- Liquid Lightning: Deals good damage, try to keep it up as much as possible, can also apply Minor Vulnerability and tank can use the synergy.
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Energy Orb: Always make sure that an Orb is present so your group members can activate the synergy for resources.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
If you need optimized defensive Champion Points for a specific trial I recommend checking out my Maximize Damage Mitigation in Trials Article.
- Calculator: In case you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
Champion Points 
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 26 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
28 Tumbling, 44 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
40 Warlord, 8 Sprinter
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 43 Spell Shield
Champion Points 
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 27 Elemental Expert, 1 Spell Erosion
10 Tumbling, 39 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 18 Spell Shield
Champion Points 
56 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 4 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Champion Points 2.0 Setup
Below you can find the Champion Points setup for this build. Work your way from top to bottom of the list depending on how many Champion Points you already have. For more information on Champion Points, please visit the Champion Points Overview Page on ESO-Hub.com.
Preset used for this allocation: https://eso-hub.com/en/champion-points/calculator?preset=e21c5222-2457-4672-98ec-b7bc3f5fb62a
- Points Needed: Implies how many Champion Points you will need to make it to that perk.
- Perk: Hoover over it to see what the perk does. For more information click on it to get redirected to ESO-Hub.com
- Points Invested: Amount of points that you have to place in the perk at that time.
Warfare Tree Points Allocation
The Warfare Champion Point tree is by far the most important to increase your healing and damage mitigation.
|Points needed||Perk||Points Used|
|240-390||Soothing Tide (Slottable)||50|
|390-540||Swift Renewal (Slottable)||50|
|660-810||Fighting Finesse (Slottable)||50|
|810-960||Arcane Supremacy (Slottable)||50|
|1890-2010||Battle Mastery (Only for physical dmg)||40|
|2010-2100||Mighty (Only for physical dmg)||30|
Fitness Tree Points Allocation
The Fitness Champion Points tree has useful health, recovery perks and more damage mitigation.
|Points Needed||Perks||Points Used|
|0-150||Boundless Vitality (Slottable)||50|
|495-645||Siphoning Spells (Slottable)||50|
Craft Tree Points Allocation
The Craft Champion Point tree is almost entirely optional, there is not really anything useful for combat itself. Follow the list or spend points however you want.
|Points needed||Perk||Points used|
|0-150||Steed’s Blessing (Slottable)||50|
|345-570||Liquid Efficiency (Slottable)||75|
|1290-1380||Out of Sight||30|
|1599-1749||Treasure Hunter (Slottable)||50|
Important Info for Sorcerer Healer Build PvE
Clockwork is your first choice, if you do not have the money for it use the Witchmother’s Food.
Witchmothers Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Health Recovery)
The Atronach ( Increased Magicka Recovery)
You can find more information about racial passives in the ESO Race Overview page.
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
- Dark Magic: Unholy Knowledge, Blood Magic, Persistence
- Daedric Summoning: Rebate, Power Stone, Daedric Protection, Expert Summoner
- Storm Calling: Capacitor, Energized, Amplitude
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
All into Magicka
11.08.2019 Updated Build for the SCALEBREAKER DLC, Elsweyr Chapter, Sorcerer Healer Build PvE.
20.10.2019 Updated the Build for the DRAGONHOLD DLC.
20.02.2020 Updated the Build for the Harrowstorm DLC.
21.05.2020 Updated the Build for the GREYMOOR CHAPTER.
20.08.2020 Updated the Build for the STONETHORN DLC, Greymoor Chapter.
29.10.2020 Updated the Build for the MARKARTH DLC, Greymoor Chapter.
Tags: Magicka Sorcerer Healer, MagSorc Healer, Mag Sorc Healer Build