Magicka Sorcerer Healer Build “Surge” – Summerset Chapter
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Dungeon & Trial Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Sorcerer Healer Build PvE “Surge” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Surge Healer Build is made for Dungeons.
Magicka Sorcerers have very strong burst heals thanks to the Twilight Matriarch pet. You can also support your group with Minor Intellect, increases everyones Magicka Recovery by 10% when you use Empowered Ward, this also shields your pet and yourself at the same time. Running Boundless Storm makes us fast as it applies Speedbuff for us and also gives u Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing our Resistances by 5280. At the same time Boundless Storm also has a chance to apply Concussion, which means monsters will take 8% more damage for a short duration.
- Dungeon Build
- Insane Resource Mangement
- Insane Healing Output
- Group Support
- Buff/Debuff Setup
- Light Armor
Changes from the previous version
Updated Champion Points. With the changes to how Two Handers now count as two piece bonus, healers received a huge buff, we can now wear a 5 5 2 setup and use a 5 Light, 1 Heavy, 1 Medium setup. Vestment of the Olorime is replacing Spell Power Cure. The Olorime set has a 12 player target cap, compared to Spell Power Cure which is a 6 player target cap. In addition, Olorime applies Major Courage for 30 seconds, whereas Spell Power Cure only lasts for 10 seconds.
The Gossamer set applies Major Evasion to your group members, giving them a 15% dodge chance for attacks. This set can be useful in certain situation. In addition we also run Nightflame which applies a heal over time effect on the ground.
We have more than enough Magicka Recovery to be able to sustain without any issues. Now on this build we are using 2x Spellcost reduction Glyphs in combination with Witchmothers Brew Drink to give us enough sustain. Also do not forget to Heavy Attack as Resto Staves give you 30% more resources back! In case you still have sustain issues, which I doubt, you could use Dark Conversion to transfer Stamina into Magicka.
- Dark Conversion
- Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Cost Reduction Glyph
- Heavy Attacks
- Witchmothers Brew Drink
Dungeon & Trial Setup
Spellpower Potion, Boundless Storm and Major Courage buff were active when I took the screenshot.
In addition to the setups below, here is a list with other very good Healer sets that you can use:
- The Worm's Raiment
- Spell Power Cure
- Healing Mage (Mending)
- Kagrenac's Hope
- Jorvuld’s Guidance
Gear Setup 1
|Chest||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Pants||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Hands||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Weapon 1||Gossamer||Resto Staff||Powered||Damage Magicka Enchantment|
|Weapon 2||Gossamer||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock dmg|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
|Weapon 1||Torug's Pact||Resto Staff||Powered||Damage Magicka Enchantment|
|Weapon 2||Torug's Pact||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock dmg|
Where can I get the gear?
Other useful sets:
Spell Power Cure: White Gold Tower
The Worm's Raiment: Vaults of Madness
Healing Mage (Mending): Aetherian Archive
Sanctuary: Banished Cells
Jorvuld's Guidance: Scalecaller Peak
Kagrenac's Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge (You must have completed the Fighters Guild quest line to have access to craft this Set. Requires 8 Traits to craft pieces of this Set)
Willpower: Imperial City Vaults, Guildstore
Master's Restoration Staff Veteran Dragonstar Arena
The Maelstrom's Lightning Staff: Maelstrom Arena
Torug's Pact: Craftable (Requires 3 Traits)
Molag Kena: White Gold Tower
Remember, Healers often need to change a few skills out during runs. So this setup is not maced into stone, adjust it to your needs.
- Healing Ward: This ability only needs to be used if an member takes a lot of damage and drops low on health.
- Combat Prayer: This needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 8%.
- Healing Springs: This is your main healing tool, its pretty cheap and heals a lot over time.
- Empowered Ward: If you think your pet and you need shielding, you could use Empowered Ward instead of Healing Ward. Also gives your group members Minor Intellect, increasing Magicka Recovery by 10%.
- Twilight Matriarch: The pet has an insanely strong heal, in case your group members are spread too far, just activate this, as long as they stand in a 28m range they will get healed.
- Absorption Field: When your group members stand in the Negate, they will get healed and the enemies will get stunned for a short duration.
- Boundless Storm: Keep this ability up all the time, it gives you Major Ward and Resolve to increase Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280, plus you actually can concuss enemies. And you get Major Expedititon Speed buff.
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Energy Orb: Use this as much as possible, when group members activate the Synergy, they restore a lot of resources.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Shock Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Healing Ward/ Empowered Ward||Slot 1: Boundless Storm|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 3: Healing Springs||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Empowered Ward||Slot 4: Energy Orb|
|Slot 5: Twilight Matriarch||Slot 5: Twilight Matriarch|
|Ultimate: Lights Champion||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
Championpoints [750 CP]
18 Master-at-Arms, 9 Staff Expert
75 Blessed, 73 Elfborn, 15 Spell Erosion, 37 Elemental Expert
10 Tumbling, 46 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 23 Spell Shield
Championpoints [300 CP]
61 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Sorcerer Healer Build PvE
Witchmothers Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
Clockwork Citrus Filet
The Atronach ( Increased Magicka Recovery)
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
- Daedric Summoning: All passives
- Dark Magic: All passives
- Storm Calling: All passives
- Restoration Staff: All passives
- Destruction Staff: All passives
- Light Armor: All
- Heavy Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: All
- Mages Guild: All
- Undaunted: All
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Psijic Order: optional
11.05.2018 Added Build for Summerset Chapter Sorcerer Healer Build PvE