Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Dungeon & Trial Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Sorcerer Healer Build PvE “Surge” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Surge Healer Build is made for Dungeons.
Magicka Sorcerers have very strong burst heals thanks to the Summon Twilight Matriarch pet. You can also support your group with Minor Intellect, increases everyones Magicka Recovery by 10% when you use Empowered Ward, this also shields your pet and yourself at the same time.
- Magicka Sorcerer Healer
- Insane Resource Management
- Insane Healing Output
- Group Support
- Buff/Debuff Setup
- Light Armor
Changes from the previous version
Updated the skill and set layout for the Scalebreaker DLC.
We have more than enough Magicka Recovery to be able to sustain without any issues. Now on this build we are using 2x Spellcost reduction Glyphs in combination with Witchmothers Brew Drink to give us enough sustain. Also do not forget to Heavy Attack as Resto Staves give you 30% more resources back! In case you still have sustain issues, which I doubt, you could use Dark Conversion to transfer Stamina into Magicka.
- Dark Conversion
- Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Cost Reduction Glyph
- Heavy Attacks
- Witchmothers Brew Drink
Dungeon & Trial Setup
- The Worm's Raiment
- Healing Mage (Mending Set)
- Kagrenac's Hope
- Jorvuld's Guidance
- Hircine's Veneer
- Timeless Blessing (Perfected)
- Grand Rejuvenation
- Spell Power Cure (Only if you do not have access to Olorime)
Gear Setup 1
Infallible Aether: We only use the full set on the backbar, you can do a medium or a heavy attack to proc the effect.
|Chest||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Pants||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Hands||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Head||Sentinel of Rkugamz||Heavy||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Shoulder||Sentinel of Rkugamz||Medium||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||Infallible Mage||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Infallible Mage||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Infallible Mage||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Grand Rejuvenation||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Magicka Enchantment|
|Weapon 2||Infallible Mage||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock Damage|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
For the beginner setup, any trait of the sets works, if you want the perfect traits follow the main gear setup. Most important is that you get the sets complete to benefit from the bonus of each set.
|Chest||Kagrenac's Hope||Heavy||Any Trait||Health|
|Pants||Kagrenac's Hope||Medium||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Hands||Kagrenac's Hope||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Head||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Shoulder||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Weapon 1||Kagrenac's Hope||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Magic Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Kagrenac's Hope||Lightning Staff||Any Trait||Shock Damage|
Where can I get the gear?
Other useful sets:
Spell Power Cure: White Gold Tower
The Worm's Raiment: Vaults of Madness
Healing Mage (Mending): Aetherian Archive
Sanctuary: Banished Cells
Jorvuld's Guidance: Scalecaller Peak
Kagrenac's Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge (You must have completed the Fighters Guild quest line to have access to craft this Set. Requires 8 Traits to craft pieces of this Set)
Master's Restoration Staff Veteran Dragonstar Arena
Torug's Pact: Craftable (Requires 3 Traits)
Remember, Healers often need to change a few skills out during runs. So this setup is not maced into stone, adjust it to your needs.
- Radiating Regeneration: Very strong heal over time that you have to keep up all the time.
- Combat Prayer: This is your main spammable as a healer, it needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 8%.
- Healing Springs: Very strong heal over time, always keep it up.
- Empowered Ward: If you think your pet and you need shielding, you could use Empowered Ward instead of Healing Ward. Also gives your group members Minor Intellect, increasing Magicka Recovery by 10%.
- Twilight Matriarch: The pet has an insanely strong heal, in case your group members are spread too far, just activate this, as long as they stand in a 28m range they will get healed.
- Absorption Field: When your group members stand in the Negate, they will get healed and the enemies will get stunned for a short duration.
- Liquid Lightning: Deals good damage, try to keep it up as much as possible, can also apply Minor Vulnerability and tank can use the synergy.
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Energy Orb: Always make sure that an Orb is present so your group members can activate the synergy for resources.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Destro Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Radiating Regeneration||Slot 1: Liquid Lightning|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 3: Healing Springs||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Empowered Ward||Slot 4: Energy Orb|
|Slot 5: Twilight Matriarch||Slot 5: Twilight Matriarch|
|Ultimate: Absorption Field||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
If you need optimized defensive Champion Points for a specific trial I recommend checking out my Maximize Damage Mitigation in Trials Article.
- Calculator: In case you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 26 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
28 Tumbling, 44 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
40 Warlord, 8 Sprinter
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 43 Spell Shield
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 27 Elemental Expert, 1 Spell Erosion
10 Tumbling, 39 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 18 Spell Shield
61 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Sorcerer Healer Build PvE
Clockwork is your first choice, if you do not have the money for it use the Witchmother’s Food.
Witchmothers Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Health Recovery)
The Atronach ( Increased Magicka Recovery)
Breton (Recommended, best sustain)
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
- Dark Magic: Unholy Knowledge, Blood Magic, Persistence, Exploitation
- Daedric Summoning: Rebate, Power Stone, Daedric Protection, Expert Summoner
- Storm Calling: Capacitor, Energized, Amplitude, Expert Mage
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked,
- Mages Guild (Optional): Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Psijic Order (Optional): Clairvoyance, Spell Orb, Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use