Magicka Sorcerer Pet Build PvE “Summoner” Clockwork City
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Trials & Dungeons Setup
- Maelstrom Arena
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Sorcerer Pet Build PvE“Summoner” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The “Summoner” build is made for PvE Trials, Dungeons & Maelstrom Arena.
Magicka Sorcerers are both insane efficient both ranged and melee, plus they have strong shields which makes survival easy. The special Destruction staff passives make Shock staves a powerful tool for Magicka Sorcerers. Shock heavy attacks are one of the strongest Area of Effect (AoE) attacks. On top of that, they are for free and restore Magicka! You will never have any problems with resource management during trashfights. Same thing on bossfights, if you drop low, simplay heavyattack one or two times and you are good to go! The most difficult thing with this build, is that you need to be able to command your pets correctly! Remember, when you do a Heavy Attack on a enemy the Pet will directly attack it.
- High single target (ST) damage
- Insane ranged & melee damage
- High area of effect (AoE) Damage
- Pet Build
- Heavy Attack weaving
- Easy survivability due to magicka shield
- Trials, Dungeons & Maelstrom Arena
Changes from the previous version
The build is now more similar to the Mystic build that does not have a pet. If you want max DPS I do recommend running the Summoner Setup, as the Pet gives you a ton of extra damage. I added the most common Setup to the list, Julianos, Moondancer and Monster Set. I already talked about this in an Article about Gear Setups. Both setups will give you similar results in DPS. Using a Pet allows us to use Witchmothers Brew Drink and we still have a decent Health Level. You should be able to almost do a full Light Attack rotation if you get enough group support with Orbs.
To sum it up, Gear Setup 1 will give you a faster playstyle, whereas Gear Setup 2 focuses more on a slower Heavy Attack based playstyle.
If you feel like that you need more sustain, you can always use a Cost Reduction Glyph/Recovery Glyph if you want. Witchmothers Brew Drink should give you enough sustain tho.
- Drain Magicka Poisons
- Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Heavy Attacks
- Witchmothers Brew
Trials & Dungeons Setup
Spellpower Potion and Spelldmg Enchantment were active when i took the screenshot. Gearsetup 1 with Witchmothers Brew Drink.
Spell Power Potion was active when I took the screenshot. Gearsetup 2 with Health & Magicka Buff Food.
- Shock or Fire Staff frontbar? As we are using Force Pulse and Crystal Fragments, you will get slightly more dps with a Fire Staff on the frontbar. However, if you do not use Force Pulse and Crystal Fragments a lot due to sustain issues, then it will be better to run a Shockstaff on the frontbar as well to just Heavy Attack for better sustain.
Gear Setup 1
|Weapon 1||Moondancer||Fire||Infused||Fire Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Maelstrom||Shock||Nirnhoned||Spell Damage|
Gear Setup 2
|Weapon 1||Julianos||Fire||Infused||Fire Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Julianos||Shock||Nirnhoned||Spell Damage|
Where can I get the gear?
- Second Pet Twilight? If you want the Twilight also, you can remove Inner Light and Mages Wrath.
|Fire Staff Mainbar||Shock Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Crystal Fragments||Slot 1: Blockade of Shock|
|Slot 2: Daedric Prey||Slot 2: Liquid Lightning|
|Slot 3 Force Pulse||Slot 3: Hardened Ward|
|Slot 4: Inner Light||Slot 4: Mages Wrath|
|Slot 5: Volatile Familiar||Slot 5: Volatile Familiar|
|Ultimate: Shooting Star||Ultimate: Shock Rage|
- Crystal Fragments: Procs with a chance on Force Pulse, deals great damage.
- Hardened Ward: This ability is one of the most important ones. It gives you an insanely huge shield that protects you from any incoming damage. That is the reason why Sorcerers usually survive longer then other classes, because they have a huge shield available.
- Inner Light: This ability increases our max Magicka by 7%. You do not really actively use the skill in combat. 5% from the ability and another 2% from the passive from the Mages Guild Skill line.
- Volatile Familiar: This pet can tank enemies and if you active its ability it activates a strong AoE damage pulse that hits everything in a 5 meter range. And because those pets scale of max magicka, it will deal an insane amount of damage.
- Shotting Star: This ability is used on big trashpacks, it is nice because the more monsters you hit, the more Ultimate points you regain. And it deals a ton of damage.
- Blockade of Shock: This ability is an AoE damage effect that has covers a huge area in a shockfield. It also procs off balance which gives us an additional 10% damage due to our Championpoints.
- Liquid Lightning: Small shock AoE damage effect that deals an insane amount of damage. Friendly group members also can active a synergie that deals good damge.
- Deadric Prey: This ability deals damage on its own and it boosts our summoned monsters damage by 55%, that is actually crazy.
- Mages Wrath: During execute phase you stay only on the backbar, this is your spammable execute skill.
- Elemental Rage: This ultimate can also be used on trashpacks, it is the strongest ultimate in the game and deals the most damage in a short period of time.
- Power Surge: Instead of Inner Light you can also use Power Surge, which is especially helpful if you play alone. Keep up your shields and keep Power Surge up and you can never really die.
As you see, we have a lot of Damage over Time effects that we need to keep up. That also makes the build so strong, because we have so many Damage over Time effects that hit the enemies, most of them are even AoE Damage over Time effects so it can hit multiple enemies. Because we have a lot of shock abilities we can also proc Concussion a lot, which increases our damage by 8%. Concussion can proc Off Balance from the Blockade of Shock which increases our damage by another 10% due to our Championpoints (75 Points in thaumaturge “Exploiter” CP Perk).
Championpoints [690 CP]
56 Elemental Expert, 61 Elfborn, 38 Spell Erosion
37 Tumbling, 36 Shadow Ward
49 Arcanist, 64 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
40 Ironclad, 44 Spell Shield
Championpoints [300 CP]
27 Elemental Expert, 20 Elfborn, 22 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Solitude Salmon-Millet Sauce (Max Health+Max Magicka) (Gearsetup 2)
Witchmothers Brew (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery) (Gearsetup 1)
The Apprentice (Increased Spell Damage) (Recommended)
The Mage (Increased Max Magicka)
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
Drain Magicka Poison (Not Mandatory)
(Lady Smock & Columbine) or (Cornflower & Columbine) or (Bugloss & Cornflower)
You will need the following passives:
Dark Magic, Daedric Summoning, Storm Calling, Light Armor, Heavy Armor (Juggernaunt Passive), Destruction Staff, Vampire (optional) , Mages Guild, Racial, Undaunted, Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- If you drop low on Magicka you can always do a Heavy Attack instead of a Force Pulse.
- Crystal Fragments is a proc, so activate it whenever it is ready, just make sure to not let your DoTs on the backbar fall off.
- Activating Pet and Daedric Prey on frontbar will give use more Crystal Fragment Procs
> Liquid Lightning > Light Attack > Blockade of Storms > Pet > Light Attack > Daedric Prey > Weapon Swap
> Light Attack > Force Pulse > Light Attack > Force Pulse > Light Attack > Force Pulse > Light Attack > Weapon Swap
If you want you can go check out my Beginner Maelstrom Setup for Magicka Sorcerer.
You can both run Gear Setup 1 or 2 for Maelstrom Arena. More Max Magicka make your shields bigger, so thats why I recommend going with Necropotence.
|Weapon 1||Julianos||Shock||Infused||Shock Enchantmnt|
|Weapon 2||Julianos||Shock||Nirnhoned||Spell Damage|
For skills it kind of depends, if you want to run this setup with Crushing Shock or Force Pulse then you need to use the Witchmothers drink, otherwise you can barely sustain. If you do not want to run witchmothers you could replace Crystal Fragments with Dark Conversion.
17.10.2017 Added Build for Clockwork City
22.10.2017 Added explanation of Fire and Shockstaff frontbar to the gearsetup
15.11.2017 Changed Skill allocation slightly to give us more crystal fragment procs and updated Rotation