Crafting Writs Guide
Welcome to the Crafting Writs Guide. Today I will explain what Crafting Writs are, how you can do them in the most efficient way and what you will get when you complete Crafting Writs. Crafting Writs are daily quests for your character. You can take a Crafting Writ quest for each of your crafting skill-lines. When you complete Crafting Writs you will get materials (even gold materials!!), Inspiration experience (experience you need to level up crafting) and Master Writs (rare chance).
I highly recommend doing them because they can drop very rare gold materials once you reach a high level in your professions! Yes you need materials to craft them, but the profit you can make is ten times better.
- How to get Crafting Writs Certification
- Aquire Crafting Writ quests
- Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking Crafting Writs
- Alchemy Crafting Writs
- Provisioning Crafting Writs
- Dolgubon’s Lazy Writ Crafter (PC only)
How to get Crafting Writs Certification
Your character needs to get certified before he can start doing Crafting Writs. This is not a difficult task, it is quite easy to get certified. All you have to do is walk to the closest Writ Board, you can find those in every town or city. Once you have taken the quest you need to visit the certification trainer NPC in either Davon’s Watch, Vulkhel Guard, or Daggerfall, depending on your alliance. When you talk to the certification trainer you will be given a quest that you need to complete. There are two different certification trainers, one for equipment crafting professions (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing and one or consumables (Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting). You can only have one quest at a time active, the quest to complete each of those certifications is quite simple, just follow your quest journal. Keep in mind that your character must be level 6 to activate those quests.
- Trainer in Fighters Guild (Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking)
- Trainer in Mages Guild (Enchanting, Alchemy, Provisioning)
- Note: You can go to the Trainers yourself and start the quest for certification, you do not need to wait for the quest to become available on the writ board.
Skipping the Certification quest
In case you are already level 10 or higher in some crafting professions, you can simply skip the quest when you talk to the trainer to get instantly certified.
Aquire Crafting Writ quests
Crafting Writ quests are easy to spot once you know where they are and how they look. Every day you can walk into a town or city and look out for those “Writ Boards” that will give you the quest. You can only pick the quests if you are certified for the professions, otherwise the board will not show anything. The quests are always more or less the same, craft something and hand it in to the NPC with the marker, you can also track the quests in the quest journal in case you get lost.
There is four different things that you will get from completing Crafting Writs:
- Survey Reports
- Master Writs
Inspiration is needed to level up your professions (experience). When you do Crafting Writs you will also gain a lot of Inspiration and that way you can even level up your professions faster. Once you reach maximum level this will no more be of any use, but don’t worry, there is more!
Every time you finish a Crafting Writ quest you will also get a package, which contains raw materials, trait stones, reagents and other improvement materials. This is the most important thing, because those things can also contain gold materials that you need to upgrade your gear! Imagine you have 6 Characters and you do 6 Crafting Writs every day, you will get plenty of gold materials in no time!
You will also get Survey Reports that you can use to find nodes that contain more materials than normal nodes. They are similar to treasure maps but basically ten times better, you will find a highlighted area on the map, once you reach the highlighted area you can find a lot of resource nodes that you can harvest.
- Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking drop a minimum of 108 raw Materials each.
By completing Crafting Writs you also have a small chance to drop Master Writs. Master Writs will give you a quest to craft a certain item in a certain style. Once completed you can gain Writ Points that you can use to get something very rare.
Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking Crafting Writs
For the Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking Crafting Writs you simply have to craft some items at the crafting stations, the quest log will tell you what to craft, once you have all the items you can hand in the quest.
Alchemy Crafting Writs
The easiest way to do Alchemy Crafting Writs is to pre-craft all the possible combinations. When you pick up the Alchemy Crafting Writ quest it will automatically detect the Potions in your inventory so you can directly go to the quest location and finish the quest.
- To all of those combinations you will need some random Raw Materials (Reagent or Solvent)
- Also Potion level depends on your level of Alchemy
- Variant 1
- One Potion of Health (Mountain Flower, Water Hyacinth)
- One Potion of Magicka (Columbine, Corn Flower)
- One Potion of Stamina (Blessed Thistle, Columbine)
- One Potion of Ravage Health (Blessed Thistle, Nirnroot)
- One Potion of Ravage Magicka (Violent Coprinus, White Cap)
- One Potion of Ravage Stamina (Imp Stool, Stinkhorn)
- Variant 2
- Damage Magicka Poison IX (White Cap, Blue Entoloma)
- Drain Health Poison IX (Water Hyacinth, Mountain Flower)
- Damage Stamina Poison IX (Fleshfly Larva, Imp Stool)
- Damage Health Poison IX (Blessed Thistle, Corn Flower)
Provisioning Crafting Writs
The easiest way to do Provisioning Crafting Writs is to pre-craft all the possible 6 combinations. When you pick up the Provisioning Crafting Writ quest it will automatically detect the food in your inventory so you can directly go to the quest location and finish the quest.
Possible combinations and Ingredients needed:
- Combo 1
- Argonian Saddle-Cured Rabbit (Small Game & Saltrice)
- Sipping Imga Tonic (Gingko & Lemon)
- Combo 2
- Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate Jazbay Grapes & Cheese)
- Muthsera’s Remorse (Bittergreen & Metheglin)
- Combo 3
- Fresh Apples and Eidar Cheese (Apple & Cheese)
- Khenarthi’s Wings Chai (Jasmine & Honey)
- Combo 4
- Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder (Corn & Garlic)
- Markarth Mead (Barley & Metheglin)
- Combo 5
- Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish (Fish & Garlic)
- Hagraven’s Tonic (Gingko & Ginger)
- Combo 6
- Pickled Carrot Slurry (Carrots & Saltrice)
- Arenthian Brandy (Surilie Grapes & Lemon)
- Small Game
- Jazbay Grapes
- Surilie Grapes
You can buy those Recipes either in a Guildstore or from a Chef & Brewer in most Taverns.
Then you can simply craft all of them and spread them across characters or put them into the bank and withdraw when you need them.
Dolgubon’s Lazy Writ Crafter (PC)
Huge shoutout to Dolgubon for creating this awesome addon. This is the most important addon for Crafting Writs. It is such a time saver, it basically crafts all the things automatically that you require to complete the quest.
- Automatically Crafts gear on the crafting station:
- Withdraw from Bank, pre-create things and put them into the bank, the addon will detect it and auto-withdraw for the quest:
Related Topics:Follow me on Youtube Join Discord
Added Crafting Writs Guide for Dragon Bones DLC