Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- PvP Setup
- Build Video & Gameplay
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build “Storm” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The “Storm” build is made for PvP, you can use the build both in the Non-Champion Points and Champion Points campaign. The Build itself is optimized for Battlegrounds. If you are new to the game I recommend reading the Sorcerer Beginner Guide first.
With Murkmire the way how Sorcerers play changed, shields now have resistances and can also be critically hit. That can be good or bad. If you have low resistances the shields will not last long, but if you have a lot of resistances your shields will last longer then previously. That is the key aspect of this build, we are building a lot more for resistances while still going for a Light Armor setup. The build also has a strong focus on group support this time. We tested a lot of different setups in Battlegrounds, in the end a combination of Shacklebreaker, Armor Master which is only active on the back bar, Bloodspawn to get more resistances and faster ultimate regeneration and Concentrated Force (Perfected) or Destructive Impact as a frontbar weapon. With this setup it is possible to hold ground against a full team alone for a while due to the high resistances and ultimate regenration which is used with Light’s Champion Ultimate.
- Battlegrounds optimized
- Battlegrounds & Cyrodiil
- Light Armor
- High Resistances
- Huge Shields
- Good Burst damage
- Fast Movement
- Good sustain
- Group Support
Changes from the previous version
No changes to the build in the Elsweyr Chapter.
Resource Management is very easy with this build as long as you build the setup correctly and keep applying Elemental Drain to the enemy. This will give you and your team mates a great sustain boost on top of a lot of extra damage due to the huge debuff you apply on the enemy at the same time. Automatically built in we have Clockwork Citrus Filet (or Witchmother’s Potetn Brew), Atronach Mundus Stone that boosts magicka recxovery and an Absorb Magicka Glyph on the frontbar. If that is not enough you can still do Heavy Attacks from time to time on the backbar, but if you keep Elemental Drain up it is not needed.
- Elemental Drain
- Clockwork Citrus Filet (or Witchmother’s Potent Brew)
- Atronach Mundus
- Absorb Magicka Glyph
Once again, make sure to apply Elemental Drain to the enemy, to increase damage and sustain for you and the whole group.
Both screenshots do have Champion Points deactivated, so those are the stats that you will have in a Battlegrounds fight.
- Unbuffed: Out of combat stats, non-CP Campaign.
- Buffed: Tri Stat Potion, Weapon Damage Enchant, Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Armor Master, Blood Spawn were active, non-CP Campaign.
- Armor Master: This set is only active on the back bar, every time we use Harness Magicka, we get the extra resistances from the set.
- Blood Spawn: This is a key component of the build, it increases again the resistances and gets you your Ultimate ready faster.
- No Asylum/Master Staff? If you do not have one of those two staves, you can use a Willpower Staff as a backup.
- Why 5 Light, 2 Heavy? Because we do not have a lot of max stats, the 2 Heavy Armor pieces benefit us more with the increased health and resistances.
|Necklace||Armor Master||Jewelry||Protective||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Armor Master||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Armor Master||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Weapon 1||Concentrated Force (Perfected)/ Willpower||Fire||Infused||Absorb Magicka Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Armor Master||Resto||Infused||Weapon Damage Enchantment|
Where can I get the gear?
Asylum Staff vs Master Staff
Both of those weapons are viable for this build. I prefer the Asylum staff, as it applies three different status effects on the enemy (Burning, Chilled, Concussion), that way we can use an Absorb Magicka Glyph which greatly increases our sustain. We use Rune Cage as a means to stun the enemy. If you are more a fan of the Master’s Destruction Staff, then make sure to use Destructive Clench instead of Crushing Shock.
The Master Staff also gets hard countered by Dragonknight Reflective Wings, making it impossible for you to kill the enemy. The Asylum Staff does not have that problem.
- Why Dawnbreaker of Smiting? This Ultimate offers very high burst damage and stun, usually not predictable by enemies in close range, followed up by a Crystal Fragments can be very deadly.
- Backbar: Make sure to keep up all your buffs on the backbar, this is very important.
- Elemental Drain: You can apply Elemental Drain on several targets, it has no cost so it does also not drain your magicka.
|Fire Staff Mainbar||Resto Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Hardened Ward||Slot 1: Rune Cage|
|Slot 2: Crystal Fragments||Slot 2: Mutagen|
|Slot 3: Crushing Shock||Slot 3: Harness Magicka|
|Slot 4: Endless Fury||Slot 4: Boundless Storm|
|Slot 5: Elemental Drain||Slot 5: Power Surge|
|Ultimate: Dawnbreaker of Smiting||Ultimate: Light’s Champion|
This build is optimized for battlegrounds. However, if you want to take it into Cyrodiil Champion Points Campaign you can do that, here are the Champion Points.
19 Staff Expert, 56 Shattering Blows, 40 Master at Arms
49 Elemental Expert, 40 Elfborn, 66 Spell Erosion
44 Tumbling, 36 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Mooncalf
49 Warlord, 16 Sprinter, 1 Siphoner
23 Quick Recovery
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 28 Thick Skinned
48 Ironclad, 52 Resistant, 21 Spell Shield
40 Master at Arms, 9 Staff Expert, 31 Shattering Blows
37 Elemental Expert, 40 Elfborn, 43 Spell Erosion
32 Tumbling, 32 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 23 Mooncalf
42 Hardy, 42 Elemental Defender, 28 Thick Skinned
34 Ironclad, 45 Resistant, 9 Spell Shield
18 Master at Arms
27 Elemental Expert, 20 Elfborn, 35 Spell Erosion
64 Arcanist, 32 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender
31 Ironclad, 23 Resistant
Important Info for Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build
I recommend using Clockwork Citrus Filet, it gives better stats and adds health recovery on top of that. If one of your team mates has Troll King and you drop below 50% health, you will get really good health recovery on top of your other healing abilities.
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Health Recovery)
Witchmothers Brew (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
The Atronach – Increased Magicka Recovery
Make sure to use Tri-Stat Potions with this setup, it provides you with the resources you need.
(Health, Stamina, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Columbine, Dragonthorn)
- Dark Magic: Unholy Knowledge, Blood Magic, Persistence, Exploitation
- Daedric Summoning: Rebate, Power Stone, Daedric Protection, Expert Summoner
- Storm Calling: Capacitor, Energized, Amplitude, Expert Mage
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
All into Magicka
Build Video & Gameplay
The build video is from the Murkmire DLC and should give you a good overview about the setup. The website is always more up to date, please keep that in mind.