Nightblade Tank Build PvE “Siphoner” – Summerset Chapter
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Dungeons & Trials Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Nightblade Tank Build PvE “Siphoner” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Nightblade Tank Build Siphoner is optimized for Dungeons. Keep in mind there is a huge variety of different tank builds out there that synergize well depending on your group setup. Remember, each Dungeon needs some small adjustments to the build.
We are using a Health build, as you really want to make sure to have enough health to absorb those hard hiting Boss hits. Having a lot of health also increases our heals that we get from Dark Cloak. This ability scales off health, so we get around 8’000 health per second thanks to our big health pool as long as we keep this ability up. We also have Refreshing Path which heals both us and our group members. On top of that we can use Funnel Health to increase our healing even more and also heal our group members at the same time. The Mirage skill, which gives us dodge chance also activates our Nocturnal’s Favor set which gives us around 6000 health when we dodge an attack. When several enemies hit you at the same time, this set will activate a lot.
- Dungeon Build
- Tank/Support Build
- Heavy Armor
- Great sustain
- Easy survivability
Changes from the previous version
Updated Champion Points. Changed Jewelry traits to Triune with two block cost reduction and 1 Magicka cost reduction. To make the Build more unique, I am listing up Ebon Armory + Nocturnal’s Favor as the main setup. Also, if you want you can go three times Potion Cooldown Reduction which will give you the most insane sustain boost but at a very costly price because you will be using Potions every 21 seconds.
- I added a separate section about the triple Infused Potion Cooldown setup below the Resource Management section of the build.
- You can find out in this Jewelry Crafting Article where the specific Jewelry traits drop.
Templars can support you with Spears to give you about 4000 Stamina back, or any other healer that can use Orbs that have the same effect. that is also the reason why we have more Stamina than Magicka. The Spear and Orbs restores your higher resource pool. So our Stamina is about 1-2k higher than our Magicka pool, which means we will always get Stamina back from the Spears or the Orbs! Also, you do not always need to perma-block, so when you have time, do some heavy attacks to restore some resources! Most bosses do not require to perma-block, thus you have enough time to actually recover. Leeching Strikes also helps with Stamina sustain. If you still have troubles with sustain, you could also utilize Sentinel of Rkugamz, you can easily proc this with Swallow Soul.
- Leeching Strikes
- Spell Symmetry
- Heavy Attacks
- Spears (Templar ability)
- Orbs (Undaunted skill)
- Argonian passive
Now that we have access to Psijic Order abilities, we are using “Deep Thoughts” that restore a huge amount of Magicka and Stamina per second. On top of that it also heals us every second. While we are channeling Psijic order abilities, we also gain 30% damage mitigation through the Deliberation passive that gives us Major Protection. Activate Mirage and Dark Cloak before using Deep Thoughts, so you get dodge chance and a huge heal over time for 3 seconds.
Infused Jewelry with Potion Cooldown
This is by far the best way to sustain, but it comes at a price. Your potions will have a 21 second cooldown, therefore you will drink twice as much potions as normal, which means you need a lot of gold to sustain your “potion addiction”. With this tactic, you can for example also use two different potions at the same time, which means you can have more different effects on you!
This is especially powerful on an Argonian, because of their “Resourceful” passive, like you can see in the picture below. You get resources more often because you use more potions and because the Resourceful passive will activate more often.
I decided to not directly implement it into the build but leave it as an option, because it is very expensive to choke potions every 21 seconds, especially if we are talking about tri-stat potions.
Dungeon & Trials Setup
Remember that there is a ton of good Tank sets to choose from. Here are a few good sets to list them up:
- Ebon Armory
- Roar of Alkosh
- Torug's Pact
- Plague Doctor
- Powerful Assault
- Akaviri Dragonguard
- Perfect Aegis of Galenwe
Gear Setup 1
- Set allocation: It does not matter what gearsets you wear where, as long as you use those two combos, you should be fine.
- Monster Sets: There are various Monster sets that you can wear along with this combination. I usually use two more seperate health bonus from 1 piece Malubeth & Valkyn. You can also use Mighty Chudan, Pirate Skeleton, Bloodspawn etc.
- Swarm Mother: This set is very good for Dungeons, it automatically pulls almost all type of enemies to you without any cooldown.
- Nocturnal’s Favor: When the set procs it gives us an approx. 6-7k heal.
|Chest||Nocturnal’s Favor||Heavy||Reinforced||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Belt||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Shoes||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Pants||Nocturnal’s Favor||Heavy||Infused||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Hands||Nocturnal’s Favor||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Head||Lord Warden||Light||Infused||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Shoulder||Lord Warden||Medium||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Necklace||Ebon Armory||Jewelry||Triune||Spell Cost Reduction|
|Ring||Ebon Armory||Jewelry||Triune||Block Cost Reduction|
|Ring||Ebon Armory||Jewelry||Triune||Block Cost Reduction|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Nocturnal’s Favor||1H-Weap||Infused||Weakening Enchantment|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Nocturnal’s Favor||Shield||Infused||Tri-Stat Enchantment|
|Weapon 2 S&B||Nocturnal’s Favor||1H-Weap||Infused||Crusher Enchantment|
|Weapon 2 S&B||Nocturnal’s Favor||Shield||Infused||Tri-Stat Enchantment|
Where can I get the gear?
Ebon Armory: Crypts of Hearts
Nocturnal's Favor: Summerset Crafting Station, north west.
Lord Warden: Imperial City Prison
Roar of Alkosh: Maw of Lorkhaj
Swarm Mother: Spindleclutch 1
Torug's Pact: Craftable
Crusher and Weakening Enchantment
Torug’s Pact and Infused trait combination is another possible choice that you can use. The Weakening and Crusher Enchantment have a base cooldown of 10 seconds. With Infused alone, so without Torug’s you go down to 5 seconds. With Torug’s and Infused you go down to 3.5 seconds. Which is not really needed but you will still get the extra stats for enchantments, which is the main reason we are using it. If you do think its overkill then go for Alkosh for example. Woeler has some cool graphs showing Torugs vs Alkosh, make sure to go check them out for more clarification.
Make sure to adjust your skills to your needs, this setup is not maced into stone, make sure to adjust skills depending on the situation of a fight.
- Mirage: Keep this up as it provides you with Minor Ward and Resolve, plus 15% dodge chance on enemy hit.
- Dark Cloak: Heals you for 32% of your maximum Health over 3,5 seconds. For us this is about 8000 per second.
- Pierce Armor: Your main taunt, also debuffs the enemy with Major Fracture and Major Breach, reducing Spell and Physical Resistance by 5280.
- Funnel Health: Heal yourself and your group members with this ability.
- Deep Thoughts: Channeled ability that returns a lot of Health, Stamina and Magicka. You can not block while you are channeling this skill. Major Protection is applied to you while this is active, reducing your incoming damage by 30%.
- Bolstering Darkness: Apply Major Protection to you and your allies, gives you a 30% incoming damage reduction.
- Leeching Strikes: One of your resource management tools, keep this active all the time.
- Heroic Slash: Debuffs the enemy with a 15% damage reduction debuff and also gives you Minor Heroism, increasing your Ultimate generation.
- Refreshing Path: Keep this ability up all the time because we need to proc the Shadow Barrier passive to get Major Ward and Resolve increasing Spell and Physical resistance by 5280.
- Inner Rage: This is your ranged taunt, in case you can not get to a mob fast enough.
- Silver Leash: This morph now chains enemies towards you. Be careful when you use it, because it costs Stamina.
- Aggressive Warhorn: Your main Ultimate, to buff the group with 10% more max resources and crit damage boost.
- Flex Spot: Absorb Magic could also be swapped out in case you do not have any issues with stamina.
|S&B Mainbar||S&B bar|
|Slot 1: Mirage||Slot 1: Leeching Strikes|
|Slot 2: Dark Cloak||Slot 2: Heroic Slash|
|Slot 3: Pierce Armor||Slot 3: Refreshing Path|
|Slot 4: Funnel Health||Slot 4: Inner Rage|
|Slot 5: Deep Thoughts||Slot 5: Silver Leash|
|Ultimate: Bolstering Darkness||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
- Spell Symmetry: If you use Spell Symmetry you restore 3000 Magicka and your next Magicka ability that you use gets a reduced cost of 25% this lasts 5 seconds.
IMPORTANT: Be aware that when you use the skill, that all shields and healing will be cut in half for the next 4 seconds.
Championpoints [750 CP]
47 Physical Weapons Expert, 73 Master-at-Arms
75 Blessed, 52 Elfborn, 3 Spell Erosion
81 Shadow Ward, 40 Tumbling
56 Warlord, 21 Bashing Focus, 9 Sprinter
32 Quick Recovery
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
66 Ironclad, 6 Spellshield
Championpoints [300 CP]
76 Blessed, 23 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
75 Shadow Ward, 25 Tumbling
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Nightblade Tank Build PvE
You have to make sure to have a bit more Stamina than Magicka. Because of the Synergies you pick up give you back whatever stat is higher. You can change this to your liking, if you do not need that much health, get more stamina.
20 Magicka, 0 Health, 44 Stamina
Longfin pasty with Melon Sauce (Max Health+Max Stamina+Max Magicka)
The Lord (Max Health)
(Health, Stamina, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Columbine, Dragonthorn)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
- Assassination: All passives
- Shadow: All passives
- Siphoning: All passives
- One Hand and Shield: All passives
- Heavy Armor: All passives
- Medium Armor: Wind Walker
- Light Armor: Recovery, Evocation, Spell Warding
- Vampire: Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Dark Stalker
- Fighters Guild: All
- Mages Guild: All
- Undaunted: All
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Psijic Order: Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
I highly recommend being a Vampire. Vampire provides you higher Magicka and Stamina recovery and makes you tankier on low health like I explain in the Vampire Mechanics Video.
- Dragonknight Tank Build PvE
- Sorcerer Tank Build PvE
- Templar Tank Build PvE
- Warden Tank Build PvE
- Dragonknight Shield Tank Build PvE (SC)
10.05.2018 Added Build for Summerset Chapter Nightblade Tank Build PvE
11.05.2018 Fixed a typo in the Resource Management Section of the Nightblade Tank Build PvE
11.05.2018 Added Build Video for Nightblade Tank Build PvE