Murkmire DLC, Summerset Chapter
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Battlegrounds Setup
- Build Video
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Dragonknight Burst Build PvP “Eruption” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The “Eruption” Build is optimized for Battlegrounds but also works in Cyrodiil and can both be played in Champion Points and no Champion Points Campaigns.
With this build we are using an unique Light Armor Destro & Resto setup. Therefore, we focus a lot on mobility and burst damage. It is very important that you keep moving and do not let yourself get into a stationary fight for too long, otherwise you will take too much damage. Use the mobility to your advantage, people say that Magicka Dragonknights lack mobility, which could not be further from the truth if you utilize the right skills. The playstyle of this build is vastly different from your usual Dragonknight permablocker setup, keep that in mind when you play with this build.
- Optimized for Battlegrounds
- Light Armor Build
- High Burst Damage
- High pressure on enemy
- Good Healing
- Good sustain
- Made for Cyrodiil & Battlegrounds
Changes from the previous version
- Updated Champion Points to 810 CP.
- Now using Blackrose Resto instead of Maelstrom Resto
- We now run Atronach Mundus Stone with 2 Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Changed Flames of Oblivion to Cauterize, for more self and group healing.
Whenever you fight a target, make sure to put Elemental Drain on it, this is your main sustain tool and also increases your damage by a lot. With the improved Combustion passive, we get a lot of extra sustain when the burning status effect procs and on a Magicka DK this procs almost all the time. On top of that we have passives like Battle Roar that restore resources when we activate an ultimate. We also use Clockwork Citrus Filet which buffs our recovery even more. Those three things make up most of your resource management already. You can always do a heavy attack if you drop low, but that should not happen unless you are affected by cost poisons a lot.
Also keep in mind, depending on whether you play on No Championpoints or Championpoints Campaign, you have to adjust a few things. Resource management is way more difficult on No CP campaigns, do not forget that.
- Combustion passive
- Battle Roar passive
- Elemental Drain
- Heavy Attacks
- Clockwork Citrus Filet (Or Witchmothers Brew)
- Magicka Recovery Glyph (if needed)
- Screenshots were taken in Non Champion Points Campaign
- Volatile Armor, Burning Spellweave and Weapon Damage Enchantment were active when I took the Screenshot.
Julianos and Burning Spellweave are nice because it amps up your damage by a lot. Because we are in Light Armor it is important to run Tri-Stat Glyphs on the big pieces and have at least two Triune traits on jewelry. Also make sure to run full impenetrable.
- 5x Julianos, 2x Zaan, 5x Burning Spellweave
- You can run Zaan or Valkyn, both Monster Sets are good.
Gear Setup 1
- Zaan vs Valkyn: Zaan has higher overall damage and pressure on the enemy, whereas Valkyn gives you a bit more health and can hit enemies further away. I recommend testing both and go with the one you like more.
|Chest||Law of Julianos||Heavy||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Law of Julianos||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Shoes||Law of Julianos||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Pants||Law of Julianos||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Hands||Law of Julianos||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Head||Zaan/ Valkyn Skoria||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Shoulder||Zaan/ Valkyn Skoria||Medium||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Necklace||Burning Spellweave||Jewelry||Triune||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Burning Spellweave||Jewelry||Triune||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Burning Spellweave||Jewelry||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Burning Spellweave||Fire||Nirnhoned||Fire Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Mender's Ward||Resto||Infused||Weapon Damage Enchant|
Where can I get the gear?
- Skill Slot 5: This is your flex spot, you can use Wings, Fragmented Shield, Talons or any other skill you want.
- Ultimate: You could use Temporal Guard (Psijic) instead of Ferocious Roar to get more damage mitigation.
|Fire Staff Mainbar||Resto Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Burning Embers||Slot 1: Reflective Plate|
|Slot 2: Fossilize||Slot 2: Mutagen|
|Slot 3: Lava Whip||Slot 3: Ward Ally|
|Slot 4: Elemental Drain||Slot 4: Volatile Armor|
|Slot 5: Empowering Chains||Slot 5: Cauterize|
|Ultimate: Ferocious Leap/ Temporal Guard||Ultimate: Life Giver|
Championpoints for Magicka Dragonknight Burst Build PvP
Champion Points are only needed in Champion Points Campaign. In Non CP Campaign and Battlegrounds, Champion Points are deactivated.
Championpoints [810 CP]
56 Master-at-Arms, 48 Shattering Blows
37 Elemental Expert, 31 Elfborn, 55 Spell Erosion, 27 Blessed
58 Tumbling, 50 Shadow Ward
75 Warlord, 11 Sprinter, 1 Siphoner
37 Quick Recovery
43 Hardy, 43 Elemental Defender, 37 Thick Skinned
52 Ironclad, 58 Resistant
Championpoints [300 CP]
20 Master at Arms
27 Elemental Expert, 20 Elfborn, 2 Spell Erosion
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Magicka Dragonknight Burst Build PvP “Eruption”
Clockwork Citrus Filet
Witchmother’s Potent Brew Drink
I recommend running the Atronach Mundus Stone to get the extra sustain, if you prefer flat out damage, then run the Lover, but sustain will be tough.
The Atronach (Increased Magicka Recovery)
The Lover (Increased Spell Penetration)
You can also check out my ESO Race Guide if you want to know the passives of each of the recommended races.
Darkelf (Highest Damage)
Argonian (Best sustain)
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
Essence of Detection Potions
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Wormwood)
- Ardent Flame: Combustion, Warmth, Searing Heat, World in Ruin
- Draconic Power: Iron Skin, Burning Heart, Elder Dragon, Scaled Armor
- Earthen Heart: Eternal Mountain, Battle Roar, Mountain's Blessing, Helping Hands
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Absorb, Critical Rush, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Vampire (Optional): Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Dark Stalker
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked
- Mages Guild: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Psijic Order (optional): Clairvoyance, Spell Orb, Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
The Build Video is from the Summerset Chapter, the build might be slightly different from its current version in that video, the website is always more up to date.
23.10.2018 Updated Build for MURKMIRE DLC, Summerset Chapter. Magicka Dragonknight Burst Build PvP
13.11.2018 Changed build slightly, now running Blackrose Resto and Atronach Mundus stone with two Magicka Recovery Glyphs.