Table of Contents
- Resource Management
- Solo Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Stamina Dragonknight Build PvE “Solo Slam” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The “Solo Slam” build is made for PvE Overland, Dungeons and Maelstrom Arena.
This build evolves around the ability Power Slam, as this is our main spammable and why the build works that well with one hand and shield. It deals very nice upfront damage and does not cost a lot.
- Overland, Dungeon & Maelstrom Arena
- Medium Armor
- One Hand and Shield & Bow
- Good Damage
- Good Defensive
Heavy Attacks work well on S&B, they are faster and return a lot of resources. Use your potions on cooldown to regain a lot of stamina at once. Your main resource tool is Consuming Trap, if you kill an enemy while that skill is on the enemy, you regain 7000 stamina, yes that is a lot.
- Unbuffed: Out of combat
- Buffed: Weapon Damage Enchantment and Weapon Power Potion were active
In case you don’t have access to Chudan, I recommend using Bloodspawn.
I have chosen to go 6 medium and 1 heavy pieces, that way we get extra resistances and benefit from the undaunted mettle passive. I also use one health enchantment on the chest to increase our health value a bit.
|Necklace||Vicious Serpent||Jewelry||Robust||Weapon Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Serpent||Jewelry||Robust||Weapon Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Serpent||Jewelry||Robust||Weapon Damage|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Vicious Serpent||1H Weap||Nirnhoned||Damage Health Poisons IX|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Vicious Serpent||Shield||Divine||Stamina|
|Weapon 2||Caustic Arrow||Bow||Infused||Weapon Damage Enchant|
This is your secondary option, Vengeance Leech is a good set and also returns a lot of resources every time you kill something. For the Monster Set, you can run any one piece bonus alongside this setup.
|Necklace||Spriggan's Thorns||Jewelry||Robust||Weapon Damage|
|Ring||Spriggan's Thorns||Jewelry||Robust||Weapon Damage|
|Ring||Vengeance Leech||Jewelry||Robust||Weapon Damage|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Vengeance Leech||1H Weap||Nirnhoned||Damage Health Poisons IX|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Vengeance Leech||Shield||Divine||Stamina|
|Weapon 2||Vengeance Leech||Bow||Infused||Weapon Damage Enchant|
Where can I get the gear?
Hunding's rage: Craftable
Master's Bow: vet Dragonstar Arena
Vicious Serpent: Aetherian Archive, Sanctum Ophidia, Hel Ra Citadel
Mighty Chudan: vet Ruins of Mazzatun, Urgarlag Undaunted Chest
Vengeance Leech: Cyrodiil, Guildstores
Spriggan Thorn's: Bangkorai Overland
Power Slam: Alternatively to Power Slam you can also use Stone Giant if you like that ability better, they both deal good direct damage.
|S&B Mainbar||Bow-second bar|
|Slot 1: Noxious Breath||Slot 1: Arrow Barrage|
|Slot 2: Consuming Trap||Slot 2: Barbed Trap|
|Slot 3: Power Slam||Slot 3: Poison Injection|
|Slot 4: Absorb Magic||Slot 4: Cauterize|
|Slot 5: Resolving Vigor||Slot 5: Igneous Shield|
|Ultimate: Spell Wall||Ultimate: Standard of Might|
- Noxious Breath: Applies Major Fracture to the enemy, reducing their resistance by 5280, that is a huge damage increase plus it also deals direct and damage over time damage!
- Consuming Trap: Apply this on the enemy, deals a lot of damage and gives 7000 stamina back when you kill the enemy while affected by this skill.
- Power Slam: This is your main spammable on this build.
- Absorb Magic: Gives you a small shield that absorbs all damage and if you get hit by ranged mobs you also get healed.
- Resolving Vigor: Your main heal, make sure to use this when your health gets damaged.
- Spell Wall: Any ultimate can go here, Spell Wall is nice because you perma block for a while and reflect all attacks back to the caster.
- Arrow Barrage: Your AoE damage over time effect, drop it on the ground, can it several enemies.
- Barbed Trap: Deals insane damage and gives Minor Force to us, increasing Critical Damage by 10%.
- Poison Injection: Very powerful single target damage over time effect.
- Cauterize: Always keep this up, heals you for a lot every 4 seconds.
- Igneous Shield: Procs two Dragonknight passivesMountain's Blessing, Helping Hands, increasing your weapon damage by 10%, gives you back stamina and also applies a small shield to you.
- Standard of Might: Your main ultimate, increase all of your damage.
- Calculator: In case you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
56 Mighty, 52 Thaumaturge, 52 Precise Strikes, 40 Piercing
52 Master-at-Arms, 18 Physical Weapon Expert
52 Shadow Ward, 52 Tumbling
45 Warlord, 72 Bashing Focus
27 Quick Recovery
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
56 Ironclad, 41 Spellshield
44 Thaumaturge, 49 Mighty, 48 Precise Strikes, 31 Piercing
28 Master at Arms
20 Shadow Ward, 31 Tumbling
28 Warlord, 72 Bashing Focus
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 18 Spell Shield
31 Thaumaturge, 27 Mighty, 28 Precise Strikes, 14 Piercing
2 Warlord, 49 Bashing Focus
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Longfin Pasty With Melon Sauce
(Obtainable in Guildstores, very cheap)
You want extra penetration for this setup, this will increase your damage by a huge margin.
The Lover (Increased Penetration)
If you want to learn more about the different racial passives that each race offers, check out my Race Guide which explains everything in detail. I would recommend using a stamina based race, any works though.
Always make sure to active potions on cooldown, to really get the 100% uptime on the buffs and extra stamina.
Weapon Crit Potions
(Weap dmg, Weap Crit, Stamina)
(Blessed Thistle, Dragonthorn, Wormwood)
I recommend front baring these poisons, they deal a good amount of damage.
Damage Health Poison
(Damage Poison, Damage Poison)
(Fleshfly Larva, Nightshade, Nirnroot)
- Ardent Flame: Combustion, Searing Heat, World in Ruin
- Draconic Power: Iron Skin, Burning Heart, Scaled Armor
- Earthen Heart: Eternal Mountain, Battle Roar, Mountain's Blessing, Helping Hands
- One Hand and Shield: Fortress, Sword and Board, Deadly Bash, Deflect Bolts, Battlefield Mobility
- Bow: Long Shots, Accuracy, Ranger, Hawk Eye, Hasty Retreat
- Medium Armor: Dexterity, Wind Walker, Improved Sneak, Agility, Athletics
- Fighters Guild: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
All into Stamina
There is not a real rotation with this setup, you always have to prioritize survival, aka healing and defense. Once that is taken care of, apply damage over time effects and use your spammable on the enemy till your damage over time effects fall off, reapply them and repeat the whole process.
In case you don’t know what what weaving light attacks is, make sure to check out the “Weaving Beginner Guide” which explains how to weave light attacks between abilities, aka animation canceling.
With this setup it is fairly easy to clear Maelstrom Arena, the extra health and the extra block mitigation we get from S&B make a huge difference!
13.08.2019 Added Build for the SCALEBREAKER DLC, Elsweyr Chapter, Stamina DK One Hand And Shield + Bow Build
19.10.2019 Updated the build for the DRAGONHOLD DLC, Elsweyr Chapter, Stamina Dragonknight 1H&Shield + Bow Build
Tags: Solo Dragonknight, Solo DK, Solo DK S&B Build PvE