Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Dungeon & Trial Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Nightblade Healer Build PvE “Illusion” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Illusion Healer Build is made for Dungeons & Trials. If you are new to ESO, please make sure to also check out:
- New Player Beginners Guide
- Magicka Nightblade Beginners Guide
- Healer Beginner Guide
- Endgame Healer Sets
Nightblade Healer setups are very powerful, like always Nightblades have very good resource management, which allows us to run a more increased healing based setup due to our higher Spell Damage and Maximum Magicka. Nightblades also have very good skills to support healing in general. Refreshing Path is a very strong heal over time, Funnel Health deals damage and heals you and some of the group members and Healthy Offering gives you access to a insane burst heal.
In addition, we als utilize the Bolstering Darkness ultimate, which applies Major Protection damage reduction to all of our group members, they just have to make sure to get the protection buff walking into the circle and then they are free to go wherever they want and keep the Major Protection buff as long as the ultimate is up.
- Dungeon & Trial Build
- Insane Resource Management
- Insane Healing Output
- Group Support
- Buff/Debuff Setup
- Light Armor
Changes to the previous Version
In the Markarth DLC U28 the build received some changes:
- Minor Berserk: Decreased to 5%, down from 8%.
The new restoration staff from the Vateshran Arena called Force Overflow is also a good ability altering weapon healers can use.
We have more than enough Magicka Recovery to be able to sustain without any issues thanks to passives and the Siphoning Attacks skill. Using Clockwork Citrus Filet (or Witchmother’s Potent Brew) in combination with a Magicka Recovery Glyph and The Atronach Mundus Stone which also boosts our Magicka Recovery, we get to a pretty good high Magicka Recovery. Also do not forget to Heavy Attack, because Resto Staves give you 30% more resources back!
- Siphoning Attacks
- Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Cost Reduction Glyph
- Heavy Attacks
- Witchmothers Brew Drink
Dungeon & Trial Setup
5x Perf. Olorime, 5x Hollowfang, 2x Symphony of Blades on a Breton with Clockwork buff food.
- Unbuffed: Out of combat
- Buffed: Spell Power Potion and Major Courage were active when I took the screenshot.
Gear Setup 1
|Chest||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Head||Sentinel of Rkugamz||Heavy||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Shoulder||Sentinel of Rkugamz||Medium||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Grand Rejuvenation||Resto Staff||Powered||Magicka Drain Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock Damage Enchant|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
For the beginner setup, any trait of the sets works, if you want the perfect traits follow the main gear setup. Most important is that you get the sets complete to benefit from the bonus of each set.
|Chest||Kagrenac's Hope||Heavy||Any Trait||Health|
|Belt||Armor of the Seducer||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Shoes||Armor of the Seducer||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Pants||Kagrenac's Hope||Medium||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Hands||Kagrenac's Hope||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Head||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Shoulder||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Necklace||Armor of the Seducer||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Armor of the Seducer||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Kagrenac's Hope||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Magic Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Kagrenac's Hope||Lightning Staff||Any Trait||Shock Damage|
Where can I get the gear?
Other useful sets:
Symphony of Blades: vDepths of Malatar, Urgalarg Undaunted Chest
The Worm's Raiment: Vaults of Madness
Spell Power Cure: White Gold Tower
Healing Mage (Mending): Aetherian Archive
Kagrenac's Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge (You must have completed the Fighters Guild quest line to have access to craft this Set. Requires 8 Traits to craft pieces of this Set)
Willpower: Imperial City Vaults, Guildstore
Master's Restoration Staff: Veteran Dragonstar Arena
Asylum Resto Staff: Asylum Sanctorium
Torug's Pact: Craftable (Requires 3 Traits)
Remember, Healers often need to change a few skills out during runs, especially in Trials. So this setup is not maced into stone, adjust it to your needs.
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Shock Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Radiating Regeneration||Slot 1: Refreshing Path|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 3: Illustrious Healing||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Funnel Health||Slot 4: Energy Orb|
|Slot 5: Healthy Offering||Slot 5: Siphoning Strikes|
|Ultimate: Bolstering Darkness||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
- Radiating Regeneration: Very strong heal over time that you have to keep up all the time.
- Combat Prayer: This is your main spammable as a healer, it needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 5%.
- Illustrious Healing: Very strong heal over time, always keep it up.
- Funnel Health: When you use this, you deal damage, heal yourself and group members at the same time.
- Healthy Offering: Use this to gain the 5% healing done boost. This is also one of the strongest burst heals in the game that you can use.
- Bolstering Darkness: Applies Major Protection on you and group members. You can walk out of it once you have the buff and it will stay on you till the ultimate disappears.
- Refreshing Path: Heals for a lot at the same time, make sure to keep this on the ground all the times.
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Energy Orb: Always make sure that an Orb is present so your group members can activate the synergy for resources.
- Siphoning Strikes: This is one of your main resource tools, keep it up to restore a lot of Magicka. make sure to let it run out to benefit from the last huge tick.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
If you need optimized defensive Champion Points for a specific trial I recommend checking out my Maximize Damage Mitigation in Trials Article.
- Calculator: In case you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
Champion Points 
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 26 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
28 Tumbling, 44 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
40 Warlord, 8 Sprinter
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 43 Spell Shield
Champion Points 
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 27 Elemental Expert, 1 Spell Erosion
10 Tumbling, 39 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 18 Spell Shield
Champion Points 
56 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 4 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Magicka Nightblade Healer Build PvE
Witchmothers Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Health Recovery)
The Atronach will greatly improve your sustain for this setup.
The Atronach (Increased Magicka Recovery)
Breton (Recommended, best sustain)
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
- Assassination: Hemorrhage
- Shadow: Refreshing Shadows, Shadow Barrier, Dark Vigor, Dark Veil
- Siphoning: Catalyst, Magicka Flood, Soul Siphoner, Transfer
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Mages Guild (optional): Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Psijic Order (Optional): Clairvoyance, Spell Orb, Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
11.08.2019 Updated Build for the SCALEBREAKER DLC, Elsweyr Chapter. Magicka Nightblade Healer Build PvE.
20.10.2019 Updated the Build for the DRAGONHOLD DLC.
20.02.2020 Updated the Build for the HARROWSTORM DLC.
20.05.2020 Updated the Build for the GREYMOOR CHAPTER.
20.08.2020 Updated the Build for the STONETHORN DLC, Greymoor Chapter.
31.10.2020 Updated the Build for the MARKARTH DLC, Greymoor Chapter.
Tags: Nightblade Healer, Nightblade Support, NB Healer, NB Support, Nightblade Healer Build