Welcome to the Woodworking Guide for ESO. In this guide I will explain how to level up your Woodworking level fast and efficient. I will also showcase you research times, traits that currently exist and what kind of passives that you can get to improve your Woodworking expertise.
What is Woodworking
Woodworking is used to craft Bows, Staves and Shields. In order to craft gear, you need to collect Woodworking materials from nodes.
How do I level up Woodworking
All crafting skill lines are leveled up via gain of “Inspiration”, which is the “crafting experience”.
Inspiration gain can’t be increased with Ambrosia Drinks, Crown Experience Scrolls or other experience boosting methods. There are only two ways to increase inspiration gain:
- 10% ESO Plus Membership
- 20% “Inspiration Boost” Champion Point Passive (acquired by spending 30 CP in the “Tower” CP tree, so you need to have 90 CP)
There is basically two easy ways to level up Woodworking.
- Deconstruct Items
- Refine rough wood
Every time you deconstruct Items at the Woodworking workbench, you will gain experience. Higher quality items will give you more experience compared to lower quality items. there are also Item pieces that have the trait “Intricate”. When you deconstruct those items you will gain additional Inspiration experience.
Refine rough wood
When you travel through Tamriel, you will find crafting nodes everywhere, pick them up to gather rough wood. You can then go to the Woodworking workbench and refine them into material. Everytime you refine something you will gain experience from it.
If you want to craft certain sets, you need to have a specific amount of traits researched, it is very important that you research traits as soon as possible. The first few traits will not take long to research, but the last trait can take over two months if you do not have any of the passives activated.
Make sure to level up the more useful traits first, so you can start using them sooner.
- 1st Trait: 6 hours
- 2nd Trait: 12 hours
- 3rd Trait: 24 hours
- 4th Trait: 48 hours
- 5th Trait: 96 hours (4 days)
- 6th Trait: 192 hours (8 days)
- 7th Trait: 384 hours (16 days)
- 8th Trait: 768 hours (32 days)
- 9th Trait: 1536 hours (64 days)
What Traits do exist?
Here you can see the armor traits and what you need to craft them, values are from a gold quality item.
- Divine (Sapphire) – Increases Mundus Stone effect by 7.5%.
- Invigorating (Garnet) – Increases Magicka, Stamina and Health recovery by 11.
- Impenetrable (Diamond) – Increases Critical Resistance by 258.
- Infused (Bloodstone) – Increases Enchantment effect by 20%
- Nirnhoned (Fortified Nirncrux) – Increases Spell and Physical Resistance by 301.
- Reinforced (Sardonyx) – Increases Armor by 16%.
- Sturdy (Quartz) – Reduces Block cost by 4%
- Training (Emerald) – Increases experience gained by 11%.
- Well-Fitted (Almandine) – Reduces cost of Sprinting and Roll Dodge by 5%.
Here you can see the weapon traits and what you need to craft them, values are from a gold quality item.
- Charged (Amethyst) – Increases chance to apply status effects by 110% (1H Weapon) or 220% (2H Weapon).
- Defending (Turquoise) – Increasees total Physical and Spell Resistance by 1290 (1H Weapon) or 2752 (2H Weapon).
- Infused (Jade) – Reduces Enchantment cooldown by 30% and increases Weapon Enchantment effect by 30%.
- Nirnhoned (Potent Nirncrux) – Increases Weapon damage by 15%.
- Powered (Chysolite) – Increases healing done by 4,5% (1H Weapon) or 9% (2H Weapon).
- Precise (Ruby) – Increases Weapon and Spell Critical values by 3,5% (1H Weapon) or 9% (2H Weapon).
- Sharpened (Fire Opal) – Increases Armor and Spell Penetration by 1250 (1H Weapon) or 2752 (2H Weapon).
- Training (Carnelian) – Increases experience gained by 4,5% (1H Weapon) or 9% (2H Weapon).
- Decisive (Citrine) – Chance to gain 1 Ultimate anytime that Ultimate is gained by 20% (1H Weapon) or 40% (2H Weapon).
Passive Abilities of Woodworking
There are some powerful passives that you want to have active at all times on your crafter. When you craft, deconstruct or refine items make sure to have Wood Extraction and Resin Expertise active.
- Level 1: Sanded Maple
- Level 2: Sanded Oak
- Level 3: Sanded Beech
- Level 4: Sanded Hickory
- Level 5: Sanded Yew
- Level 6: Sanded Birch
- Level 7: Sanded Ash
- Level 8: Sanded Mahogany
- Level 9: Sanded Nightwood
- Level 10: Sanded Ruby Ash
- Keen Eye: Wood
- Level 1: Wood is easier to spot from 20 meters or closer.
- Level 2: Wood is easier to spot from 30 meters or closer.
- Level 3: Wood is easier to spot from 40 meters or closer.
- Lumberjack Hireling
- Level 1: Hireling will send you wood and possibly other items every day.
- Level 2: Hireling will send you more wood and possibly better items every day.
- Level 3: Hireling will send you even more wood and even better items every day.
- Wood Extraction
- Level 1: Improves the chances of extracting Woodworking ingredients and allows the refining of more powerful resins form raw materials.
- Level 2: Greatly improves the chances of extracting Woodworking ingredients and allows the refining of more powerful resins from raw materials.
- Level 3: Maximizes the chances of extracting Woodworking ingredients and allows the refining of the most powerful resins from raw materials.
- Level 1: Reduces research times by 5%, allows you to research two items at once.
- Level 2: Reduces research times by 10%, allows you to research two items at once.
- Level 3: Reduces research times by 20%, allows you to research three items at once.
- Level 4: Reduces research times by 25%, allows you to research three items at once. Limits research timee to 30 days.
- Resin Expertise
- Level 1: Increases the chances of improving items with resins.
- Level 2: Greatly increases the chances of improving items with resins.
- Level 3: More than doubles the chances to improve items with resins.