Stamina Dragonknight Tank Build PvE “Catalyst” Dragon Bones DLC
Table of Contents for Dragonknight Tank Build PvE
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Trials & Dungeons Setup
- Update Log
Introduction to the Dragonknight Tank Build PvE
Welcome to the Stamina Dragonknight Tank Build PvE “Catalyst” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO.
The Stamina Dragonknight Build Catalyst is optimized for Dungeons & Trials. Keep in mind there is a huge variety of differnt tank builds out there that synergize well depending on your group setup. Remember, each Trial or Dungeon needs some small adjustments to the build. So if you for example feel that you need more health, then go for it!
We are still using some sort of a Health build, as you really want to make sure to have enough health to absorb those hard hiting Boss hits. We focus on debuffing the boss as much as possible with Alkosh Set, Crusher and Weakening Enchant. Battleroar or Helping Hands passive are not affected by your resources anymore, but are based on your character level, which means no matter how low your resources go, you will always get the same amount of resources back. Stacking Health also makes your Igneous Shield stronger.
- Dungeon & Trial Build
- Tank/Support Build
- Heavy Armor
- Great sustain
- Easy survivability
- Great self healing
- Insane shielding
Changes from the previous version
Added the new CP. Other than that there basically no other changes, just make sure to use 3x Block Cost Reduction now because the Block Cost increased with the Dragon Bones DLC.
Dragonknights have insane resource management compared to other setups. Battleroar and Helping Hands passive outperform other classes already by a huge margin. A Templar can also support you with Spears to give you about 4000 Stamina back, that is also the reason why we have more Stamina than Magicka. The Spear, and same thing goes for the Orbs from the Undaunted Skill-line, it restores your higher resource pool. So our Stamina is about 2k higher than our Magicka pool, which means we will always get Stamina back from the Spears or the Orbs! Also, you do not always need to permablock, so when you have time, do some heavy attacks to restore some resources!
- Battle Roar Passive
- Helping Hands Passive
- Heavy Attacks
- Spears (Templar ability)
- Orbs (Undaunted skill)
- Argonian passive
Being an Argonian helps immensly with sustain, because everytime you activate a Potion, you get a ton of extra resources back.
Trials & Dungeons Setup
Using Gear Setup 1 here. Balance and Tri Stat Potion is active in this Screenshot.
Remember that there is a ton of good Tank sets to choose from, especially when you are going into a Trial!
Here are a few good sets to list them up:
Gear Setup 1
- Monster Sets: There are various Monster sets that you can wear along with this combination. I usually use two more seperate health bonus from 1 piece Malubeth & Valkyn. You can also use Mighty Chudan, Pirate Skeleton, Bloodspawn etc.
|Chest||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Infused||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Belt||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Shoes||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Pants||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Infused||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Hands||Ebon Armory||Heavy||Sturdy||Health Enchantment|
|Head||Bloodspawn||Light||Infused||Tri Stat Enchantment|
|Necklace||Roar of Alkosh||Jewelry||Robust||Block Cost Reduction|
|Ring||Roar of Alkosh||Jewelry||Robust||Block Cost Reduction|
|Ring||Roar of Alkosh||Jewelry||Robust||Block Cost Reduction|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Roar of Alkosh||1H-Weap||Infused||Weakening Enchantment|
|Weapon 1 S&B||Roar of Alkosh||Shield||Infused||Tri-Stat Enchantment|
|Weapon 2 S&B||Roar of Alkosh||1H-Weap||Infused||Crusher Enchantment|
|Weapon 2 S&B||Roar of Alkosh||Shield||Infused||Tri-Stat Enchantment|
Crusher and Weakening Enchantment
This is with Torugs Pact and Infused, another possible choice you have to use. The Weakening and Crusher Enchantment have a base cooldown of 10 seconds. With Infused alone, so without Torugs you go down to 5 seconds. With Torugs and Infused you go down to 3.5 seconds. Which is not really needed but you will still get the extra stats for enchantments, which is the mainreason we are using it. If you do think its overkill then go for Alkosh for example. Woeler has some cool graphs showing Torugs vs Alkosh, make sure to go check them out for more clarification.
Where can I get the gear?
Make sure to adjust your skills to your needs, this setup is not maced into stone, make sure to adjust skills depending on the situation of a fight.
- Green Dragon Blood: While active, you receive a 12% healing boost due to the Burning Heart passive. Also gives you an insane burst heal if needed.
- Absorb Magic: If a Boss has hard hitting spell projectiles, this can heal you for a lot if used in the right moment, also reduces block cost.
- Pierce Armor: Your main taunt, also debuffs the enemy with Major Fracture and Major Breach, reducing Spell and Physical Resistance by 5280.Magma Armor vs Spell Discipline: I prefer the Sword & Board Ultimate because it is very cheap and allows you to do heavy attacks while autoblock is on you, plus your Sword & Board skills are almost cost free!
- Igneous Shield: Big Shield that can Absorb a lot of damage and also gives you Major Mending, increasing your healing by 25% for the next 2,5s.
- Balance: One of the most important skills for this setup. If you use Spell Symmetry you restore 3000 Magicka and you gain Major Resolve and Major Ward. IMPORTANT: Be aware that when you use the skill, that all shields and healing will be cut in half for the next 4 seconds.
- Magma Shell: Basically godmode for the next 10 seconds.
- Choking Talons: This skill is nice for trash, as it debuffs them all with Maim, reducing their damage done by 15% and roots them also.
- Heroic Slash: Debuffs the enemy with a 15% damage reduction debuff and also gives you Minor Heroism, increasing your Ultimate generation.
- Inner Rage: This is your ranged taunt, in case you can not get to a mob fast enough.
- Energy orb: This is here to support your other group members with better sustain when they activate the Synergy.
- Why no Volatile Armor? The Balance skill gives you the same armor buffs as Volatile Armor, it is also very essential to the build, as it literally gives you INFINTE sustain.
|S&B Mainbar||S&B bar|
|Slot 1: Green Dragonblood||Slot 1: Chocking Talons|
|Slot 2: Absorb Magic||Slot 2: Heroic Slash|
|Slot 3: Pierce Armor||Slot 3: Inner Rage|
|Slot 4: Igneous Shield||Slot 4: Unrelenting Grip|
|Slot 5: Balance||Slot 5: Energy Orb|
|Ultimate: Corrosive Armor||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
Championpoints for Dragonknight Tank Build PvE “Catalyst”
Championpoints [720 CP]
40 Precise Strikes
47 Physical Weapons Expert, 73 Master-at-Arms
76 Blessed, 4 Spell Erosion
81 Shadow Ward, 44 Tumbling
43 Tenacity, 19 Arcanist
11 Warlord, 21 Bashing Focus, 21 Sprinter
9 Bastion, 13 Heavy Armor Focus
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
66 Ironclad, 6 Spellshield
Championpoints [300 CP]
100 Shadow Ward
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Dragonknight Tank Build PvE “Catalyst”
You have to make sure to have a bit more Stamina than Magicka. Because of the Synergies you pick up give you back whatever stat is higher. You can change this to your liking, if you do not need that much health, get more stamina.
20 Magicka, 31 Health, 13 Stamina
Longfin pasty with Melon Sauce (Max Health+Max Stamina+Max Magicka)
The Lord (Max Health)
(Health, Stamina, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Columbine, Dragonthorn)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
- Ardent Flame: All passives
- Draconic Power: All passives
- Earthen Heart: All passives
- One Hand and Shield: All passives
- Heavy Armor: All passives
- Medium Armor: Wind Walker
- Light Armor: Recovery, Evocation, Spell Warding
- Vampire: Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Dark Stalker
- Fighters Guild: All
- Mages Guild: All
- Undaunted: All
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
I highly recommend being a Vampire. Vampire provides you higher Magicka and Stamina recovery and makes you tankier on low health like I explain in the Vampire Mechanics Video.
27.01.2018 Added Build for Dragon Bones DLC for the Dragonknight Tank Build PvE
31.01.2018 Made the passive section better readable for the Dragonknight Tank Build PvE
02.02.2018 Added more Tank set gear options & Added more skill descriptions to the Dragonknight Tank Build PvE
10.02.2018 Added Build Video of Dragonknight Tank Build PvE
16.03.2018 Updated Red CP (removed Expert Defender as it is not working anymore in PvE since Dragon Bones Update, put the other in thick skinned and spell shield)