Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Trials & Dungeons Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Necromancer Healer Build PvE “Scourge” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Scourge Necromancer build is created for Trials & Dungeons. If you are new to ESO, please make sure to also check out:
- New Player Beginners Guide
- Magicka Necromancer Beginners Guide
- Healer Beginner Guide
- Endgame Healer Sets
The Necromancer healer functions similar to the other healer specs. Like always healers have to adjust depending on the situation and the group they play with. There are a few very viable set combos that you can choose from, so the one you see below is just one possible option.
- Necromancer Class
- Dungeon, Arena & Trial Build
- Insane Healing
- Insane Sustain
- Light Armor
- Group Support
Changes to the previous Version
In the Markarth DLC U28 the build received some changes:
- Minor Berserk: Decreased to 5%, down from 8%.
The new restoration staff from the Vateshran Arena called Force Overflow is also a good ability altering weapon healers can use.
This setup has a lot of built in sustain through the Atronach Mundus Stone which gives Magicka Recovery, one Magicka Recovery Glyph and we also run the Clockwork Citrus Filet (or Witchmother’s Potent Brew) which also increases our Magicka Recovery.
Trials & Dungeons Setup
5x Perf. Olorime, 5x Hollowfang, 2x Symphony of Blades on a Breton with Clockwork buff food.
- Unbuffed: Out of combat
- Buffed: Spell Power Potion, Major Courage, Summoner’s Armor and Spirit Guardian were active when I took the screenshot.
Gear Setup 1
|Chest||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Head||Sentinel of Rkguamz||Heavy||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Shoulder||Sentinel of Rkguamz||Medium||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Hollowfang Thirst||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Perfected Grand Rejuvenation||Resto Staff||Powered||Magicka Drain Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Perfected Vestments of Olorime||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock Damage Enchant|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
For the beginner setup, any trait of the sets works, if you want the perfect traits follow the main gear setup. Most important is that you get the sets complete to benefit from the bonus of each set.
|Chest||Kagrenac’s Hope||Heavy||Any Trait||Health|
|Pants||Kagrenac’s Hope||Medium||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Hands||[Kagrenac’s Hope||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Head||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Shoulder||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Weapon 1||Kagrenac’s Hope||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Magic Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Kagrenac’s Hope||Lightning Staff||Any Trait||Shock Damage|
Where can I get the gear?
Perfected Vestments of Olorime: vCloudrest
Vestments of Olorime: Cloudrest
Hollowfang Thirst: Moongrave Fane
Sentinel of Rkguamz: vDarkshade Caverns I, Maj Undaunted Chest
Perfected Grand Rejuvenation (Master Resto): vDragonstar Arena
Grand Rejuvenation (Master Resto): Dragonstar Arena
Kagrenac’s Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge
Spell Power Cure: White-Gold Tower
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Shock Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Resistant Flesh||Slot 1: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Unnerving Boneyard|
|Slot 3: Illustrious Healing||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Radiating Regeneration||Slot 4: Spirit Guardian|
|Slot 5: Energy Orb||Slot 5: Summoner’s Armor|
|Ultimate: Renewing Animation||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
- Resistant Flesh: This ability is your burst heal, it also gives resistance to the player that receives the heal.
- Combat Prayer: This is your main spammable as a healer, it needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 5%.
- Illustrious Healing: Very strong heal over time.
- Radiating Regeneration: Very strong heal over time that you have to keep up all the time.
- Energy Orb: Always make sure that one orb floats around, that way your group members can synergize the bubble and get resources back.
- Renewing Animation: This is one of the strongest ultimates, if you are the last standing member, make sure to activate this to resurrect them all at the same time!
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Unnerving Boneyard: Allies can use a Synergy when this is active, and this is also used to proc Olorime on the backbar.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Spirit Guardian: Keep this up at all times, this heals for a lot and also activates the passive so you gain 200 Magica Recovery all the time.
- Summoner’s Armor: You also must keep this up all the time, gives you more resistances and also keeps the passive active so you receive 10% less damage from DoTs.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
If you need optimized defensive Champion Points for a specific trial I recommend checking out my Maximize Damage Mitigation in Trials Article.
- Calculator: In case you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
Champion Points 
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 26 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
28 Tumbling, 44 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
40 Warlord, 8 Sprinter
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 43 Spell Shield
Champion Points 
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 27 Elemental Expert, 1 Spell Erosion
10 Tumbling, 39 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 18 Spell Shield
Champion Points 
61 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Champion Points 2.0 Setup
Below you can find the Champion Points setup for this build. Work your way from top to bottom of the list depending on how many Champion Points you already have. For more information on Champion Points, please visit the Champion Points Overview Page on ESO-Hub.com.
Preset used for this allocation: https://eso-hub.com/en/champion-points/calculator?preset=e21c5222-2457-4672-98ec-b7bc3f5fb62a
- Points Needed: Implies how many Champion Points you will need to make it to that perk.
- Perk: Hoover over it to see what the perk does. For more information click on it to get redirected to ESO-Hub.com
- Points Invested: Amount of points that you have to place in the perk at that time.
Warfare Tree Points Allocation
The Warfare Champion Point tree is by far the most important to increase your healing and damage mitigation.
|Points needed||Perk||Points Used|
|240-390||Soothing Tide (Slottable)||50|
|390-540||Swift Renewal (Slottable)||50|
|660-810||Fighting Finesse (Slottable)||50|
|810-960||Arcane Supremacy (Slottable)||50|
|1890-2010||Battle Mastery (Only for physical dmg)||40|
|2010-2100||Mighty (Only for physical dmg)||30|
Fitness Tree Points Allocation
The Fitness Champion Points tree has useful health, recovery perks and more damage mitigation.
|Points Needed||Perks||Points Used|
|0-150||Boundless Vitality (Slottable)||50|
|495-645||Siphoning Spells (Slottable)||50|
Craft Tree Points Allocation
The Craft Champion Point tree is almost entirely optional, there is not really anything useful for combat itself. Follow the list or spend points however you want.
|Points needed||Perk||Points used|
|0-150||Steed’s Blessing (Slottable)||50|
|345-570||Liquid Efficiency (Slottable)||75|
|1290-1380||Out of Sight||30|
|1599-1749||Treasure Hunter (Slottable)||50|
Important Info for Magicka Necromancer Healer Build PvE
Ideally you want to use the Clockwork Citrus Filet as it provides you with a little bit extra Magicka and Health. However, that food is quite expensive, the other option is Witchmother’s Potent Brew that has similar stats.
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Health Recovery)
Witchmothers Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
The Atronach gives us a lot of extra Magicka Recovery which we need to keep using abilities, make sure to get it!
The Atronach ( Increased Magicka Recovery)
You can find more information about racial passives in the ESO Race Overview page.
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
- Grave Lord: Reusable Parts, Rapid Rot
- Bone Tyrant: Death Gleaning, Disdain Harm, Last Gasp, Health Avarice
- Living Death: Curative Curse, Near-Death Experience, Corpse Consumption, Undead Confederate
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
All into Magicka
11.08.2019 Updated the Necromancer Healer Build for the SCALEBREAKER DLC, Elsweyr Chapter.
20.10.2019 Updated the Build for the DRAGONHOLD DLC.
20.02.2020 Updated the Build for the HARROWSTORM DLC.
21.05.2020 Updated the Build for the GREYMOOR CHAPTER.
20.08.2020 Updated the Build for the STONETHORN DLC, Greymoor Chapter.
29.10.2020 Updated the Build for the MARKARTH DLC, Greymoor Chapter.
Tags: Necro Healer, Necromancer Healer, Magicka Necromancer Healer Build, MagNecro Healer Build PvE.