Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Trials & Dungeons Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Necromancer Healer Build PvE “Scourge” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Scourge Necromancer build is created for Trials & Dungeons.
The Necromancer healer functions similar to the other healer specs. Like always healers have to adjust depending on the situation and the group they play with. There are a few very viable set combos that you can choose from, so the one you see below is just one possible option.
- Necromancer Class
- Dungeon, Arena & Trial Build
- Insane Healing
- Insane Sustain
- Light Armor
- Group Support
Changes to the previous version
Updated the skill and set layout for the Scalebreaker DLC.
This setup has a lot of built in sustain through the Atronach Mundus Stone which gives Magicka Recovery, two Magicka Recovery Glyphs and we also run the Witchmother’s Potent Brew which also increases our Magicka Recovery. Now you want to make sure to keep up your Spirit Guardian because of your Undead Confederate passive. The Spirit Guardian has a 16 seconds duration, so it should be fairly easy to keep up.
Trials & Dungeons Setup
In addition to the setups below, here is a list with other very good Healer sets that you can use:
- The Worm's Raiment
- Healing Mage (Mending Set)
- Kagrenac's Hope
- Jorvuld's Guidance
- Hircine's Veneer
- Timeless Blessing (Perfected)
- Grand Rejuvenation
- Spell Power Cure (Only if you do not have access to Olorime)
Gear Setup 1
- For the Timeless Blessing (Perfected) (Asylum staff), it doesn’t matter whether you use the imperfect or perfect version, the difference is super small.
|Chest||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Health|
|Belt||The Worm's Raiment||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Pants||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Magicka|
|Hands||The Worm's Raiment||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Head||Sentinel of Rkugamz||Heavy||Infused||Magicka|
|Shoulder||Sentinel of Rkugamz||Medium||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||The Worm's Raiment||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||The Worm's Raiment||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||The Worm's Raiment||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Timeless Blessing (Perfected)||Resto Staff||Powered||Magicka Drain Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock Damage Enchant|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
For the beginner setup, any trait of the sets works, if you want the perfect traits follow the main gear setup. Most important is that you get the sets complete to benefit from the bonus of each set.
|Chest||Kagrenac's Hope||Heavy||Any Trait||Health|
|Pants||Kagrenac's Hope||Medium||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Hands||Kagrenac's Hope||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Head||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Shoulder||Monster Set or Random||Light||Any Trait||Magicka|
|Weapon 1||Kagrenac's Hope||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Magic Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Kagrenac's Hope||Lightning Staff||Any Trait||Shock Damage|
Where can I get the gear?
Other useful sets:
Healing Mage (Mending): Aetherian Archive
Spell Power Cure: White Gold Tower
Sanctuary: Banished Cells
Jorvuld's Guidance: Scalecaller Peak
Kagrenac's Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge (You must have completed the Fighters Guild quest line to have access to craft this Set. Requires 8 Traits to craft pieces of this Set)
Master's Restoration Staff: Veteran Dragonstar Arena
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Shock Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Resistant Flesh||Slot 1: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Unnerving Boneyard|
|Slot 3: Healing Springs||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Radiating Regeneration||Slot 4: Spirit Guardian|
|Slot 5: Energy orb||Slot 5: Summoner’s Armor|
|Ultimate: Renewing Animation||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
- Resistant Flesh: This ability is your burst heal, it also gives resistance to the player that receives the heal.
- Combat Prayer: This is your main spammable as a healer, it needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 8%.
- Healing Springs: Very strong heal over time.
- Radiating Regeneration: Very strong heal over time that you have to keep up all the time.
- Energy Orb: Always make sure that one orb floats around, that way your group members can synergize the bubble and get resources back.
- Renewing Animation: This is one of the strongest ultimates, if you are the last standing member, make sure to activate this to resurrect them all at the same time!
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Unnerving Boneyard: Allies can use a Synergy when this is active, and this is also used to proc Olorime on the backbar.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Spirit Guardian: Keep this up at all times, this heals for a lot and also activates the passive so you gain 200 Magica Recovery all the time.
- Summoner’s Armor: You also must keep this up all the time, gives you more resistances and also keeps the passive active so you receive 10% less damage from DoTs.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
If you need optimized defensive Champion Points for a specific trial I recommend checking out my Maximize Damage Mitigation in Trials Article.
- Calculator: In case you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 26 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
28 Tumbling, 44 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
40 Warlord, 8 Sprinter
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 43 Spell Shield
100 Blessed, 72 Elfborn, 27 Elemental Expert, 1 Spell Erosion
10 Tumbling, 39 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 18 Spell Shield
61 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Magicka Necromancer Healer Build PvE
Ideally you want to use the Clockwork Citrus Filet as it provides you with a little bit extra Magicka and Health. However, that food is quite expensive, the other option is Witchmother’s Potent Brew that has similar stats.
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Health Recovery)
Witchmothers Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
The Atronach gives us a lot of extra Magicka Recovery which we need to keep using abilities, make sure to get it!
The Atronach ( Increased Magicka Recovery)
All the four races listed below are good healers. If you want to learn more about the different racial passives that each race offers, check out my Race Guide which explains everything in detail.
Breton (Recommended, best sustain)
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
- Grave Lord: Reusable Parts, Death Knell, Dismember, Rapid Rot
- Bone Tyrant: Death Gleaning, Disdain Harm, Health Avarice, Last Gasp
- Living Death: Curative Curse, Near-Death Experience, Corpse Consumption, Undead Confederate
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked
- Psijic Order (Optional): Clairvoyance, Spell Orb, Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
All into Magicka
The Build Video is from VanaEvr, make sure to subscribe to her. The build can differ a bit, but it should give you a general idea about the Necromancer Healer Setup.