Status Effects ESO
Elemental Status Effects
- Chilled – Applies Minor Maim, reducing targets damage done by 15%.
- Concussion – Applies Minor Vulnerability, increasing damage taken by 8% for 4 seconds. Animation: electric sparkles. Chance to proc from any lightning damage. Does not proc off Staff Light and Heavy attacks. However, it can proc from the splash damage of Shock Heavy Attacks.
- Burning – Flame damage over time for 3sec (tics 3 times, every 1,5 seconds. 0/1,5/3 seconds). Chance to proc from any flame damage.
The way status effects are applied was detailed in the 2.1 patch notes:
Standardized the chance an ability has to apply a secondary effect, such as burning, chilled, or concussed. These chances are:
- Weapon enchants 20%
- Standard ability 10%
- Area of effect abilities 5%
- Damage over time abilities 3%
- Area of effect damage over time abilities 1%
Elemental status effect with a destro staff and Elemental Force passive apply the secondary effect at double the chance listed above.
Chilled, Concussion, Burning can not be procced against shielded enemies.
Disabling Effects [Loss of control]
- Knocked Down: Totally disabled, knocked to the ground and cannot move or perform actions.
- Stunned: Unable to move, attack, or perform any actions, frail to further cc during stun.
- Off balance: Temporarily stuns an enemy, enemy takes increased damage from the next heavy attack (40%) and gets knocked down. Stun breaks on damage taken. Off balance effect lasts regardless of damage taken for 4 seconds, unless you do a heavy attack which completely consumes it.
- Disoriented: Long but fragile disable (cannot perform action). Unlike stun, desorient will break from any damage taken. Disorient goes through block.
- Silenced: Unable to cast spells, can move and use physical attacks.
- Feared: Running away from the caster unable to perform any actions.
- Pull: Pulled to the caster, while in air unable to perform any actions. Counts as hard cc as it triggers immunity on target in pvp.
- Knockback: Pushed away from caster for 5 meters. Note: Spells can have Knockback in conjunction with other status effects like a knock down/stun/disorient effect.
Soft CC [Hinders Movement]
- Immobile: Rooted, but can perform actions.
- Snared: Slowed movement speed, but can perform attacks or other actions.
- Taunted: Forced to attack you (PvE only) for 15 sec. (Jesus beam has a similar effect in PvP, especially if applied at 100% HP.)
- Blind: Raised chance to miss. Meridia Set for example makes you miss 100% when the blind effect is applied.
- Bleed: Physical damage over time that is not affected by Armor Penetration.
- Poisoned: Poison damage over time for 12 sec. Poison is often applied in conjunction with healing reduction effect Minor Defile.
- Diseased: Applies Minor Defile debuff for couple of seconds that reduces healing taken by 15% (suggested to be reduced health regeneration too). Animation: green cloud and health bar has inward arrowheads. Chance to proc from any disease damage (meat bag siege catapults, werewolf infectious claws and foul weapon enchants).
- Immovability: “Immunity to knockback and disabling effects”, does not affect soft cc. Animation effect: swirling wind around the character). Gained when hard CC ends (naturally or when broken/reflected), from activating Immovable (heavy armour skill) or from potions.
- Magicka /Stamina AoE: Magicka AoE can not be dodged while Stamina AoE can be dodged.
- Unblockable: Some abilities can not be blocked. For example Petrify (you also get stunned), Fear, Werewolf Roar, Encase, Talons etc.
Counter Status Effects
- Break Free: costs stamina; removes stun, disorient, knockdown, also get 7 seconds Immovability.
- Dodge: costs stamina, breaks soft CC like immobilize. Using it repeatedly within 3 seconds will increase the cost further.
- Cleanse/Purge/Purify: Removes negative effects.
- Block: negates any attempt to CC, even if you take partial damage from the attack itself. Except Fear, Werewolf Roar, Petrify.
- Reflect: negates attempt to CC and gives the effect to its caster instead. Channeled skills or AoE can not be reflected.
- Invisibility: avoid attack completely if timed correctly, but does not prevent aoe effects from hitting.
- Snare Break: Remove snare. Forward Momentum for example.