Table of Contents
- Resource Management
- Battlegrounds Setup
Welcome to the Magicka Templar Healer build “The Guardplar” by Fengrush for PvP Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as we will keep updating the build.
This build is dedicated to being a strict supportive healer with high survival and the best tools to keep team mates alive. It is made for Battlegrounds and nonChampPoints but can be adjusted for Champion Points. It is a heavy armor build that utilizes guard allowing it to dedicate to a fragile target’s survival while still healing others in addition around you. This is a great build to pair with a friend who wants to push their damage up but needs help staying alive. Armor pieces can be adjusted, and some skills if other offensive abilities are wanted, but it is presented as much as a defensive fortress that carries the resources to get through the tough fights where groups focus your team down. This build uses Desert Rose, Impregnable Armor, Bloodspawn and the new Blackrose Restoration Staff Mender's Ward.
- Battleground Healing Build
- Heavy Armor Build
- Works in Champion Points and non-Champion Points Campaigns
- Has room for skil adjustment on 1 ult and 1 skill presented in video
- Very high resource management and specializied full-time guard to protect one teamate to maximum effectiveness
- Focused on group play and allows enough resources to heal multiple people
- Group Build only that neglects a focus on damage or killing
This build has a huge amount of magicka coming in while allowing you to be tanky enough to heavy attack even more for big burst healing windows. It also carries a lot of the major defensive buffs and also has guard for increased mitigation. While it won’t put out the highest healing numbers in BG matches, it is due to the fact that many of the heals are occurring in burst rather than HoTs, and it is mitigating a lot of the damage as well. It offers Major Mending, Major Vitality, Major Protection, Major/Minor Force to really buff up a damage dealer you pair with like no other build. This is the healer build you want to play if you have one great damage dealer friend more than any other. It’s best to guard the player with the least defense on your team and allows you to keep everyone up and alive.
- Magicka return is very high with rotation shown in the video paired with high regen.
- Desert Rose offers the highest return on magicka of a proc set effect, while the remaining sets Impregnable Armor and Bloodspawn focus on your ability to endure any amount of pressure to activate it.
- The build uses Blackrose Prison’s new staff Mender's Ward and allows you to apply Major Vitality to you and another target. This allows all of the groups healing to increase on those targets, enabling this build to also buff other members healing effectiveness.
- Mobility is good even for stam DPS, using a trick to cancel mist form you can maintain sprinting with expedition on demand between fights while still having a large stam pool to endlessly block.
Non Champion Points Stats
Those stats are unbuffed.
|Necklace||Desert Rose||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Desert Rose||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Desert Rose||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Weapon 1||Desert Rose||1H Weapon||Powered||Weapon Damage Enchantment|
|Weapon 1||Desert Rose||Shield||Sturdy||Tri-Stat|
|Weapon 2||Mender's Ward||Resto||Infused||Absorb Magic Enchant|
Where can I get the gear?
|Sword & Board Mainbar||Restoration Staff off bar|
|Slot 1: Breath of Life||Slot 1: Ward Ally|
|Slot 2: Exhilarating Drain||Slot 2: Restoring Focus|
|Slot 3: Luminous Shards||Slot 3: Repentance|
|Slot 4: Extended Ritual||Slot 4: Elusive Mist Form|
|Slot 5: Stalwart Guard||Slot 5: Stalwart Guard|
|Ultimate: Reviving Barrier||Ultimate: Light’s Champion|
Important Info for Guardplar
You need to increase all of your stats and have a high pool to make it through longer fights. This allows you to stay in awhile and have the options available to bail out or move around as well with more stamina.
Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce (Max Health, Max Stamina, Max Magicka)
The Ritual (Increased Healing)
This helps along with a long list of passives assist in your ability to burst heal (Major/ Minor Mending, Major Vitality, Mending templar passive)
Argonian is the best for healing support builds. While mine is not Argonian in the video, the setup could make do with other races rather successfully. That is due to the build being effective along with templar healing being highly effective.
You use tri-potions for this build. This allows you to regen and burst restore all resources. They should be getting spent up pretty evenly between healing, blocking, occasionally sprinting. If you maintain your stamina and block before being attacked (or keep it up always in threatening situations) then you will sustain near indefinetly.
(Health, Stamina, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Columbine, Dragonthorn)
- Aedric Spear: Piercing Spear, Spear Wall, Burning Light, Balanced Warrior
- Dawn’s Wrath: Enduring Rays, Prism, Illuminate, Restoring Spirit
- Restoring Light: Mending, Sacred Ground, Light Weaver, Master Ritualist
- One Hand and Shield: Fortress, Sword and Board, Deadly Bash, Deflect Bolts, Battlefield Mobility
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut, Revitalize, Rapid Mending
- Medium Armor: Dexterity, Wind Walker, Athletics
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding
- Vampire: Skill not found, Skill not found, Skill not found, Undeath, Dark Stalker
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
44 Magicka, 20 Health, 0 Stamina
Templar Healer Battlegrounds Deathmatch Gameplay