Table of Contents
- Resource Management
- PVP Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the ‘Magicka Necromancer PvP Group Build “Smasher” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Smasher Build is optimized for Organized Group Play of 12-16 in Cyrodiil.
This build is a 5-1-1 light setup with Spinner's Garments, Vicious Death and Balorgh. With the new Chapter now live, the Magicka Necromancer arises and the class has a very strong role in a group of any size.
Even thought the class does not bring the best sustainable damage, it brings ones of the best debuffs and synergies on the table. With the combination of Glacial Colossus and Agony Totem, you apply both Major and Minor Vulnerability to all players inside increasing their damage taken by 38%. With Unnerving Boneyard, you also apply Major Breach and Major Fracture to them decreasing their resistances by 5280. Timing your Stalking Blastbones with Proximity Detonation and Glacial Colossus also provide a great burst potential.
Since the class is very slow, the use of range abilities such as Stalking Blastbones, Unnerving Boneyard, Glacial Colossus and Elemental Ring really help the class shines as the group engages.
- Optimized for Organized Group Play of 12-16 in Cyrodiil
- Lightning Staff and Fire Staff setup
- Light Armor
- Great synergies and debuffs
- Amazing Burst
- Champion Points Build
Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup is the Food we use with this setup. Balance combined with the Combustion synergy from Energy Orbs, The Worm's Raiment buff is always active and the Breton race passives provide us with plenty of sustain for prolonged fights.
Using Synergy Cooldown tracking addon help you to use of energy orbs effectively.
- Energy Orbs with Harmony
- Resto heavy attacks
- Breton Passives
With Champion Points
Major Resolve, Major Ward and Major Sorcery were active when I took the screenshot.
We are running a 5-1-1 Light Armor setup Spinner's Garments, Vicious Death with Balorgh. For Group Play, I found that 5 Impenetrable and 2 Divine traits work best. You want to make sure to keep your shield up. Also consider changing one or two jewellery traits to Swift if needed be.
|Necklace||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Vicious Death||Light Staff||Nirnhoned||Crushing|
|Weapon 2||Vicious Death||Fire Staff||Infused||Spell Damage|
- Balance: Use this skill when you have the time to do it. If you watch my gameplay at the end of the build, you will see me using this quite a lot. Since the only source of sustain for the Necromancer comes from using Mystic Syphon on corpses, Balance becomes very important to abuse when you have a breather.
- Dampen Magic: Use this skill right before an engagement and very often during an engagement if the group you are engaging is also using ultimates. Since you aren’t running any heal on this build, shielding yourself is crucial.
- Storm Ring: The class being one of the slowest in the game, the use of Elemental Ring really helps to apply some pressure from range as the group engages in.
- Agony Totem: Just before getting into melee range, drop this totem to provide a strong synergy that will deal damage over time and increase damage taken. It will also fear all enemies standing in the area after 2 seconds for 4 seconds.
- Glacial Colossus: Use this ultimate to support any other ultimate such as Eye of Flame, Permafrost or Dawnbreaker for maximum effectiveness.
- Race Against Time: Without any source of major expedition, the Necromancer is most likely one of the slowest class in the game. This ability will provide you with a speed boost before an engagement to make sure you get there in time. It will also save your life after being pulled and teleported away from the group by providing roots and snares immunity for a short time. You could use Elusive Mist Form and provide yourself with more damage mitigation when you get pulled out of the group.
- Unnerving Boneyard: Use this ability as you approach an enemy group. Reapply on cooldown to provide a strong synergy that deal damage and reduce resistances.
- Blockade of Fire: Reapply this ground effect anytime you think the fight is gonna stay stationary for more than 2 seconds.
- Stalking Blastbones: This ability was nerfed to the ground on the PTS. As a result, it is very slow and need to be casted as close as possible to your targets. The damage is still decent and provide an amazing burst combined with Proximity Detonation.
- Renewing Animation: This still is quite expensive and will be used in extreme situations where you don’t have the time to stop to resurrect someone.
|Lightning Staff Mainbar||Fire Staff off bar|
|Slot 1: Agony Totem||Slot 1: Race Against Time|
|Slot 2: Balance||Slot 2: Blockade of Fire|
|Slot 3: Dampen Magic||Slot 3: Stalking Blastbones|
|Slot 4: Storm Ring||Slot 4: Unnerving Boneyard|
|Slot 5: Inner Light||Slot 5: Proximity Detonation|
|Ultimate: Glacial Colossus||Ultimate : Renewing Animation|
Champion Points 
66 Master at Arms
51 Elfborn, 38 Spell Erosion, 65 Elemental Expert
44 Tumbling, 40 Shadow Ward
100 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner, 4 Sprinter
11 Quick Recovery, 16 Bastion
56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 56 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 14 Resistant
40 Elfborn, 20 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
75 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner
16 Bastion, 11 Quick Recovery
37 Hardy, 37 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
40 Ironclad, 11 Resistant
Important Info for Magicka Necromancer PvP Build
Solitude Salmon Millet Soup
The Lover (Increased Penetration)
(CC Immunity, Health, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Namira’s Rot, Columbine)
- Grave Lord: Reusable Parts, Death Knell, Dismember, Rapid Rot
- Bone Tyrant: Death Gleaning, Disdain Harm, Health Avarice, Last Gasp
- Living Death: Curative Curse, Corpse Consumption, Undead Confederate
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Medium Armor: Wind Walker, Athletics
- Mages Guild: Mage Adept, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Racial: All
You can find three different Highlights from FrozyESO stream with his group as Magicka Necromancer here! First two are short clips and the 3rd Highlight is a longer gameplay video.