Table of Contents
- Resource Management
- PVP Setup
- Rotation and Combos
- Champion Points (810, 600)
- Important Info (Food, Mundus, Race, Potions, Passives, Attributes)
Welcome to the ‘Magicka Necromancer DD Cyrodiil PvP Group Build “Smasher” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Smasher Build is optimized for Organized Group Play of 12 in Cyrodiil.
This build is a 5-1-1 light setup with New Moon Acolyte, Vicious Death and Balorgh. Since Elsweyr chapter got released, the Magicka Necromancer arises and has a very strong role in a group of any size.
Even thought the class does not bring the best sustainable damage, it brings ones of the best debuffs and synergies on the table. With the combination of Glacial Colossus and Agony Totem, you apply both Major and Minor Vulnerability to all players inside increasing their damage taken by 38%. With Unnerving Boneyard, you also apply Major Breach to them decreasing their resistances. Timing your Stalking Blastbones with Proximity Detonation and Glacial Colossus also provide a great burst potential.
Ideally, you would like to have a Magicka Necromancer Support running the abilities providing the two synergies (Boneyard and Totem) but if you only have one Necromancer available, it can also be introduced in a Damage Dealer setup as described in this build.
Since the Necromancer is very slow, the use of range abilities such as Stalking Blastbones, Unnerving Boneyard, Glacial Colossus and Race against Time really help the class shines as the group engages.
- Optimized for Organized Group Play of 12 in Cyrodiil
- Lightning Staff and Resto Staff setup
- Light Armor
- Great synergies and debuffs
- Amazing Burst
- Champion Points Build
Artaeum Picked Fish Bowl is the Food we use with this setup. If you don’t have the budget, you can consider using Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup instead. If you have Stamina sustain issue, use TriStats.
Using a Synergy Cooldown tracking addon such as RDK Group Tools helps to make good use of energy orbs.
- Mystic Orb with Harmony
- Spell Symmetry
- Frost heavy/light attacks
- Breton Passives
- The Worm’s Raiment
- Killing blows with destruction skills for the Destruction Expert passive
With Champion Points
Major Resolve, Major Sorcery, Major Prophecy and Spell Dmg Enchant were active when I took the screenshot.
We are running a 5-1-1 Light Armor setup New Moon Acolyte, Vicious Death and Balorgh. For Group Play, I found that 5 Impenetrable and 2 Divine traits work best. You want to make sure to keep your shield up. Also consider changing one or two jewelery traits to Swift if needed in the beginning.
|Chest||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||TriStats|
|Belt||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||TriStats|
|Shoes||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||TriStats|
|Pants||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||TriStats|
|Hands||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||TriStats|
|Necklace||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Vicious Death||Light Staff||Nirnhoned||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 2||Perfected Precise Regeneration||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Stamina|
|Lightning Staff Mainbar||Resto Staff off bar|
|Slot 1: Unnerving Boneyard||Slot 1: Stalking Blastbones|
|Slot 2: Spell Symmetry||Slot 2: Race Against Time|
|Slot 3: Dampen Magic||Slot 3: Necrotic Potency|
|Slot 4: Pulsar||Slot 4: Radiating Regeneration|
|Slot 5: Inner Light||Slot 5: Proximity Detonation|
|Ultimate: Glacial Colossus||Ultimate : Renewing Animation|
- Spell Symmetry: This is your main source of sustain.
- Dampen Magic: This is your main source of defense.
- Pulsar: This is your spammable aoe. Also apply Minor Mangle to all enemies.
- Agony Totem: This combo of hard cc and synergy is used offensively and defensively. Consider switching this for Elusive Mist if you have plenty of nightblades using Manifestation of Terror in the raid.
- Glacial Colossus: This ultimate combined with Eye of the Storm, Permafrost or Dawnbreaker of Smiting provides the best aoe burst window and maximum effectiveness.
- Race Against Time: The Necromancer is most likely one of the slowest class in the game. This will be a life saver when you get a major rollback/desync or if you get teleported or chained away from the raid. Your life is in the hands of the healers with Breath of Life and supports with Steadfast Ward. Again, consider using Elusive Mist additionally to this skill for better survivability. Don’t replace it since it provides you with Minor Force.
- Unnerving Boneyard: This skill deals frost damage over time, provides Major Breach and a strong synergy that also deal frost damage over time.
- Radiating Regeneration: This should be used by everybody in the raid.
- Stalking Blastbones: The Shalks version of Magicka Necromancer.
- Renewing Animation: This skill is quite expensive and will be used in extreme situations when you don’t have the time to stop to resurrect someone.
Rotation and Combos
First of all, I would like to point out that the role of this build is mainly to be a Damage Dealer but also includes several Support abilities. If your group composition includes a Magicka Necromancer Support, consider replacing the following skills :
In a magicka group focus, the leader will usually start an engagement by doing a countdown of Proximity Detonation. As you hear the countdown, cast Radiating Regeneration, then Proximity Detonation and finally Stalking Blastbones followed by Unnerving Boneyard on the biggest stack ahead.
Cast Race against Time and Dampen Magic as you get closer to the enemy group. Finally, spam Pulsar a few times and reapply your synergies and Stalking Blastbones on enemies as they move as long as the leader doesn’t call to disengage.
If the leader call for a Smash to be used (Glacial Colossus or Pestilent Colossus), cast it in the rotation above as you hear bomblades using their storms. Adjust accordingly of the timing but it will generally go after using Unnerving Boneyard from distance.
During the Kiting phase, make sure to never be the last one behind and if it’s the case, use Dampen Magic into dodge roll, then cast Race against Time to catch up to the front of the group as long as you are being targeted.
Last and not the least, never let your magicka pool go under 50% unless you are into an extremely long and intense engagement without any terrain or object nearby to get out of sight. Every split second you have and as long as you stay in the front of the group, cast Dampen Magic into one or multiple Spell Symmetry to get your magicka pool back up to full.
Champion Points 
66 Master at Arms
51 Elfborn, 38 Spell Erosion, 64 Elemental Expert
44 Tumbling, 40 Shadow Ward
100 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner, 4 Sprinter
11 Quick Recovery, 16 Bastion
56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 56 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 14 Resistant
40 Elfborn, 20 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
75 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner
16 Bastion, 11 Quick Recovery
37 Hardy, 37 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
40 Ironclad, 11 Resistant
Champion Points 2.0 Setup
Below you can find the Champion Points setup for this build. Work your way from top to bottom of the list depending on how many Champion Points you already have. For more information on Champion Points, please visit the Champion Points Overview Page on ESO-Hub.com.
Preset used for this allocation: https://eso-hub.com/en/champion-points/calculator?preset=ef824189-ca1c-4137-be81-c106d7face42
- Points Needed: Implies how many Champion Points you will need to make it to that perk.
- Perk: Hoover over it to see what the perk does. For more information click on it to get redirected to ESO-Hub.com
- Points Invested: Amount of points that you have to place in the perk at that time.
Warfare Tree Points Allocation
The Warfare Champion Point tree is by far the most important to increase your damage, damage mitigation and healing.
|Points Needed||Perk||Points Used|
|240-390||Deadly Aim (Slottable)||50|
|390-540||Arcane Supremacy (Slottable)||50|
|810-960||Duelist’s Rebuff (Slottable)||50|
|1110-1260||Untamed Aggression (Slottable)||50|
Fitness Tree Point Allocation
The Fitness Champion Points tree has useful health, recovery and more damage mitigation perks.
|Points Needed||Perk||Points Used|
|0-150||Boundless Vitality (Slottable)||50|
|1461-1611||Expert Evasion (Slottable)||50|
Craft Tree Points Allocation
The Craft Champion Point tree is almost entirely optional, there is not really anything useful for combat itself. Follow the list or spend points however you want.
|Points needed||Perk||Points used|
|0-150||Steed’s Blessing (Slottable)||50|
|345-570||Liquid Efficiency (Slottable)||75|
|1290-1380||Out of Sight||30|
|1599-1749||Treasure Hunter (Slottable)||50|
Important Info for Magicka Necromancer PvP Build
Artaeum Picked Fish Bowl
Solitude Salmon Millet Soup
Withered Tree Inn Venison Pot Roast
The Lover (Increased Penetration)
(CC Immunity, Health, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Namira’s Rot, Columbine)
- Grave Lord: Reusable Parts, Death Knell, Dismember, Rapid Rot
- Bone Tyrant: Death Gleaning, Disdain Harm, Last Gasp
- Living Death: Curative Curse, Corpse Consumption, Undead Confederate
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Medium Armor: Wind Walker, Athletics
- Mages Guild: Magicka Controller, Mage Adept, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
You can find three different Highlights from FrozyESO stream with his group as Magicka Necromancer here! First two are short clips and the 3rd Highlight is a longer gameplay video.