Transmutation System for Weapons & Armor
Transmutation is a new system that is introduced with the Clockwork City DLC. It allows you to change the trait of your weapon and armor to whatever you want, as long as you have it researched. You will need 40 Transmutation Crystals to be able to change the trait of a weapon. You can not trade Transmutation Crystals, so you will need to farm them for yourself. No matter what quality your weapon or armor is, it will always cost 40 Transmutation Crystals to change the trait.
Where do you obtain Transmutation Crystals from?
Currently, you are guarenteed to receive Crystal(s) from the following sources:
- Veteran Undaunted Pledge
- Your first completed random Veteran dungeon through the Grouping Tool per day
- Trial Weekly Quests
- Leaderboards (AvA, Trials, Arenas, and Battlegrounds)
- End of Campaign Rewards (both 7-day and 30-day)
- Veteran Maelstrom Arena
- Veteran Dragonstar Arena
Additionally, you also have a chance at obtaining Crystals from these sources:
- Completing additional random Veteran dungeons through the Grouping Tool
- Final bosses from Normal and Veteran dungeons
- Rewards for the Worthy