Fishing Guide ESO
Welcome to the Fishing Guide ESO. Fishing became quite useful in ESO because of the Perfect Roe drop which allows you to create EXP drinks. You can find fishing holes all over Tamriel. Your chance is increased to catch Rare Fishes when you fish in groups (5% chance for one person, 10% with two people, 15% with three people and 25% with four or more people). Make sure that you take the right bait, otherwise you will never catch fishes!
Table of Contents
- Types of Water
- Summerset Chapter
- Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye drink
- Rare Fish Tracker Addon
Types of Water
|Type||Bait 1 (drop all over Tamriel)||Bait 2 (drop from fishing)|
|River (River Fish)||Insects||Shad|
|Foul (Foul Fish)||Crawlers||Fish Roe|
- Rare Fish -> goes into achievements, sell them to vendors
- Fish -> filet them, see below
- Furnishing -> place them in your home
- Wet Gunny Sack -> include materials
- Used Bait -> useless, if you use wrong bait
Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl (Waterlogged Psijic Recipe)
This is a new Unique Dish that has been introduced with the Summerset Chapter. You can only find this on the Artaeum Island where the Psijic Order is. While fishing you sometimes get “Psijic Satchel”, which can contain several things including this recipe. The recipe is account bound.
- Important: Currently, it seems the purple recipe only drops if you fish with two players, if a 3rd player fishes at the same hole, this does not drop.
Artaeum Takeaway Broth (Water Stained Psijic Recipe)
This is a new Stamina Drink that has been introduced with the Summerset Chapter. You can only find this on the Artaeum Island where the Psijic Order is. While fishing you sometimes get “Psijic Satchel”, which can contain several things including this recipe. The recipe is account bound.
When fishing in the Summerset Zone, you have a small chance of dropping Pyandonean Motif pages! When you fish you have a chance to get “Pyandonean Bottles” where several things, including Pyandonean style material and the Motif pages can be found.
Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye drink
If you drink this, you are able to see the fishing holes much clearer and it shows you what type of water it is when you point on it. This is very useful if you don’t have any addons.
When you filet the fishes (white fishes), you have a chance of getting Perfect Roe which can be used in provisioning to create EXP drinks or sell them for a high price in trading guilds.
You can craft the following Food & Drink with Perfect Roe:
- Food: Orzorga’s Smoked Bear Haunch (Perfect Roe, Tomato, White Cap, Frost Mirriam, Red Meat)
- Drink: Psijic Ambrosia (Perfect Roe, Frost Mirriam, Bervez Juice)
To get Psyijic Ambrosia recipe, you first need to find 7 fragments so you can convert them. You will get those fragments by doing the provisioning crafting writs.
Orzorga’s Smoked Bear Haunch
To get the Orzorga’s Smoked Bear Haunch you needthe receipt and the following ingredients (Perfect Roe, Tomato, White Cap, Frost Mirriam, Red Meat)
If you have caught all the Rare Fishes (achievements) in all non DLC zones, you get the title Master Angler and you will be able to buy the furnishing Fishing Vessel boat. There are also furnishings (like fishes) you get while fishing, which you can place in your home.
Rare Fish Tracker Addon
Rare Fish Tracker helps you keep track of the rare fish you have caught in your pursuit of fishing achievements. This add-on gives you a handy display window that automatically detects your current zone, the fishing achievement related to that zone, and your progress toward that achievement; and displays this info for you.
Fish are listed first by zone, then by rarity (color). You can choose whether the add-on highlights the fish you have caught or the fish you still need, move the window, and adjust its transparency. A keybinding allows you to show and hide the window with a keypress.
Related Topics:Follow me on Youtube
Update Log Fishing Guide ESO
- Added Fishing Guide ESO for Homestead DLC
- Updated Fishing Guide ESO for Morrowind Chapter
- Updated Fishing Guide ESO for Horns of the Reach DLC
- Updated Fishing Guide ESO for Clockwork City DLC
- Updated Fishing Guide ESO for Dragon Bones DLC
- Updated Fishing Guide ESO for the Summerset Chapter