TEMPLATE – WORK IN PROGRESS
Welcome to the ESO Rockgrove Guide. The Rockgrove Trial is located in the Deadlands Zone and can be played in normal and veteran mode. I will walk you through with this guide and explain all the mechanics in detail. The Rockgrove Trial has 3 main bosses with each its own hardmode and two Mini bosses. The Rockgrove trial is also often referred to as RG.
Difficulty: Normal mode can be cleared with an inexperienced group. Veteran mode of the Rockgrove Trial is more difficult than Sunspire. And the Hardmode versions are on the same level as the Sunspire Hardmodes.
Table of Contents
- Loot & Rewards
- Quick Tips
- Group Setup
- Trash Fights
- Mini Bosses
- Boss 1 Oaxiltso
- Boss 2 Flame-Herald Bahsei
- Boss 3 Xalvakka
Loot & Rewards – ESO Rockgrave Guide
There are several sets and achievements that you can complete in this trial.
New Sets in Rockgrave
In the ESO Rockgrave trial you can find a perfected and an imperfected version of each set.
- Light Armor: Bahsei’s Mania – Perfected Bahsei’s Mania
- Light Armor: Stone-Talker’s Oath – Perfected Stone-Talker’s Oath
- Medium Armor: Sul-Xan’s Torment – Perfected Sul-Xan’s Torment
- Heavy Armor: Saxheel Champion – Perfected Saxheel Champion
Rewards in Rockgrove
- New Title
- Defender of Rockgrove – obtained by completing the achievement “Rockgrove Completed”
- Ca-Uxith Warrior – obtained by completing the achievement “Rockgrove Conqueror”
- Dadric Bane – obtained by completing the achievement “Xalvakka’s Bane”
- Planeswalker – obtained by completing the achievement “Soul Savior”
- Xalvakka’s Scourge – obtained by completing the achievement “Rockgrove Vanquisher”
- New Markings
- Sul Xan Raider Body Markings – obtained by completing the achievement “Rockgrove Conqueror”
- Sul Xan Raider Face Markings – obtained by completing the achievement “Rockgrove Vanquisher”
- New Mount
- Sul-Xan Fleshripper – obtained by completing the achievement “Xalvakka’s Bane”
- New Dye
- Glenbridge Green – obtained by completing the achievement “Rockgrove Completed”
Quick Tips for Rockgrave
Here are a few quick tips that you can use in the ESO Rockgrove trial. These should help you to survive.
- Trash Packs: They really hurt, I do recommend using ranged setups on trashpacks to avoid deaths. If you are a melee setup, make sure to use Deadly Cloak on a stamina spec or Harness Magicka as a magicka spec.
- Stack & Burn: There are a lot of trash packs, I recommend stacking them as much as possible and kill them with AoE damage.
- Energy Orbs & Shards: Make sure to use Energy Orb or Luminous Shards, this will ensure that your people will have better sustain.
Tank Tips – ESO Rockgrave Guide
Like always, I recommend using Ebon Armory. Ebon Armory is nice because it boosts the health of your group members, thus you can take more overall damage. Dragonknight as a main tank is a good choice because of skills like Magma Shell that enable godmode for a few seconds in tough situations and just in general they still have better resource management and are tankier then other classes.
If you are new to the trial I also recommend using a higher health setup to avoid deaths in the first tries, you can use Plague Doctor for that.
Both a Warden or a Necromancer Off-Tank are great choices for the group. The Warden can give you Minor Toughness via the Maturation passive to increase the groups health by 10% and the Necromancer is a beast in Ultimate regeneration due to the Necrotic Potency skill and also has Minor Protection and an extra Synergy to offer from Agony Totem.
Healer Tips – ESO Rockgrove Guide
As a healer also make sure to provide Energy Orb or Luminous Shards to boost the overall sustain of your group members. We found that a combination of Vestments of Olorime, Hollowfang Thirst and a Monster Set were nice for the trial. Olorime is a no brainer, as it gives your group the Major Courage buff, which means a lot of overall weapon and spell damage with an uptime of almost 100%. Sanctuary increases your overall healing, which is always nice to have.
Sentinel of Rkugamz is always a good choice to boost your groups overall sustain.
Mender’s Ward is very helpful on Lokkestiiz Hardmode for when you need to heal the frozen players back up to full health.
Stamina Damage Dealer Tips – ESO Rockgrave Guide
I highly recommend using a ranged damage setup with Arrow Spray for most of the trash packs. it is so easy to get oneshot here and Arrow Spray does a lot of damage and you are save from any sort of melee damage. During all the boss encounters I recommend using Deadly Cloak to mitigate a lot of the AoE damage from the bosses.
Magicka Damage Dealer Tips – ESO Rockgrave Guide
Make sure to have Harness Magicka throughout the whole trial, this helps bolstering incoming damage. False God’s Devotion is a very good set for all magicka setups, it gives you a huge sustain boost due to the 8% cost reduction and the extra magicka when you kill a monster.
Trash Fights in Rockgrave
Boss 1 Oaxiltso – Rockgrove Trial
Boss 2 Flame-Herald Bahsei – Rockgrove Trial
Boss 3 Xalvakka – Rockgrove Trial
Xalvakka Phase 1
Xalvakka Phase 2
Xalvakka Phase 3
Gameplay for the Rockgrove Trial