Build Creator: This build was created by FrozyESO, if you have any questions about this setup I recommend asking him either during his live streams on twitch or in our community partner discord @FrozyESO#6969
Table of Contents
- Resource Management
- PVP Group Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the ‘Magicka Sorcerer PvP Group Build “Elementalist” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Elementalist Build is optimized for Organized Group Play of 12-16 in Cyrodiil.
This build is a 5-1-1 light setup with Spinner's Garments, Vicious Death and Balorgh. With the changes to Magicka Nightblade and the removal of minor berserk from Grim Focus in the Elsweyr chapter, I believe that Magicka Sorcerer has become the best damage role in a Magicka raid environment.
Your Streak gives you the best mobility in the game and with the Scalebreaker patch, it also goes through block and hard stuns everyone.
All of that while applying Minor Mangle which decrease the Max Health of enemies by 10% with your Storm Pulsar. Also note that with the Scalebreaker patch, your chances to apply the Concussion effect which apply Minor Vulnerability which increase damage taken by 8% has been increased from 5% to 15%.
Last and not the least, you benefit from a strong class execute, Mages' Wrath, which got it’s AOE damage buffed by 20% in the Elsweyr chapter.
- Optimized for Organized Group Play of 12-16 in Cyrodiil
- Lightning Staff and Fire Staff Setup
- Light Armor
- High Shield Strength
- Good Sustain
- Amazing Burst
- Great Crowd Control
In case you don’t know what what weaving light attacks is, make sure to check out the “Weaving Beginner Guide” which explains how to weave light attacks between abilities, aka animation canceling.
Artaeum Picked Fish Bowl is the Food we use with this setup. If you don’t have the budget, you can consider using Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup instead. If you have Stamina sustain issues, use TriStats.
Dark Conversion combined with the Combustion synergy from Energy Orbs, Wormcult buff always active and the Breton race passives provide us with plenty of sustain for prolonged fights.
Using Buff tracking addons such as Circonians BuffTracker or BuffTimers to keep the recovery buff from Dark Conversion rolling and other useful buffs for this setup such as Minor Force and Major Sorcery and Major Resolve makes it much easier.
Using a Synergy Cooldown tracking addon such as RDK Group Tools (will be released publically soon) or Sanct Ultimate Organizer (latest version on Minion only) helps to make good use of energy orbs.
- Energy Orbs with Harmony
- Dark Conversion
- Breton Passives
Buffs: Major Resolve, Major Ward, Major Socery, Immovability Potion and Weapon Damage Enchantment were active when I took the screenshot.
We are running a 5-1-1 Light Armor setup Spinner's Garments, Vicious Death with Balorgh. For Group Play, I found that 5 Impenetrable and 2 Divine traits work best. You want to make sure to keep your shield up.
|Necklace||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Vicious Death||Lightning Staff||Nirnhoned||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 2||Vicious Death||Fire Staff||Infused||Absorb Stamina|
Where can I get the gear?
|Lightning Staff Mainbar||Fire Staff off bar|
|Slot 1: Streak||Slot 1: Race Against Time|
|Slot 2: Mage’s Wrath||Slot 2: Boundless Storm|
|Slot 3: Hardened Ward||Slot 3: Dark Conversion|
|Slot 4: Storm Pulsar||Slot 4: Power Surge|
|Slot 5: Inner Light||Slot 5: Proximity Detonation|
|Ultimate: Temporal Guard||Ultimate : Eye of Flame|
- Streak: Use this offensively to stun a pack of enemies as the group engages in or to interrupt players trying to resurrect.
- Mage’s Wrath: You can precast this before streaking in. High chances enemies will get low during the next 4 seconds and the execute will proc.
- Hardened Ward: Keep this up almost 100% of the time. Especially when engaging an enemy organized group.
- Race Against Time: Roots/Snares Removal and a nice crit buff.
- Boundless Storm: Keep this up full time. Consider slotting Aoe skills instead.
- Dark Deal: Avoid letting your magicka drop bellow 50%. Keep the recovery buff and Minor Prophecy on the group up at all time by recasting this ability.
- Power Surge: If the DK in the group is great at keeping the uptime on Major Sorcery, you may consider slotting something else.
- Eye of the Storm: Precast this ultimate before streaking in a few seconds before your Proximity Detonation is about to explode.
- Temporal Guard: Permanent Minor Protection during an offensive window.
Rotation and Combos
If you have a Warden casting Expansive Frost Cloak who is pretty good at keeping the uptime on Major Ward / Major Resolve on the whole group, you can consider dropping Boundless Storm for Unstable Wall of Elements or Soul Splitting Trap.
If you have a Dragonknight casting Igneous Weapons who is pretty good at keeping the ultime on Major Sorcery on the whole group, you can consider dropping Power Surge for Unstable Wall of Elements or Soul Splitting Trap.
Before any engagement, you want to make sure to maintain the following buffs from your abilities :
- Major Sorcery: Power Surge
- Major Ward + Major Resolve: Boundless Storm
- Minor Prophecy + Recovery buff: Dark Conversion
- Minor Force + Major Expedition: Race Against Time
In a magicka group focus, the leader will usually start an engagement by doing a countdown of Proximity Detonation. As you hear the countdown, cast Power Surge and Boundless Storm, then cast Proximity Detonation followed by Race Against Time.
Just before going in, cast Hardened Ward on yourself and Mages' Wrath on the biggest stack of enemies. Streak in so you land very close on the other side of the stack but still stun all the targets in your way, then spam Pulsar a few times.
Finally, cast Mages' Wrath on low targets.
If the leader call for a Storm to be used, cast it just before Streaking in.
During the kiting phase, you can shield yourself and Streak enemies applying pressure on allies stuck behind. This requires a high skill level and is not recommended for new players.
Champion Points 
66 Master at Arms
51 Elfborn, 37 Spell Erosion, 65 Elemental Expert
44 Tumbling, 40 Shadow Ward
100 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner, 4 Sprinter
11 Quick Recovery, 16 Bastion
56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 56 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 14 Resistant
40 Elfborn, 20 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
75 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner
16 Bastion, 11 Quick Recovery
37 Hardy, 37 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
40 Ironclad, 11 Resistant
Artaeum Picked Fish Bowl
Solitude Salmon Millet Soup
Withered Tree Inn Venison Pot Roast
The Lover (Increased Penetration)
(CC Immunity, Health, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Namira’s Rot, Columbine)
- Dark Magic: Unholy Knowledge, Blood Magic, Exploitation
- Daedric Summoning: Power Stone, Daedric Protection
- Storm Calling: Capacitor, Energized, Amplitude, Expert Mage
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Medium Armor: Wind Walker, Athletics
- Mages Guild: Magicka Controller
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Racial: All