Table of Contents
- Resource Management
- PVP Group Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the ‘Magicka Sorcerer PvP Group Build “Elementalist” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Elementalist Build is optimized for Organized Group Play of 12-16 in Cyrodiil.
This build is a 5-1-1 light setup with Spinner's Garments, Vicious Death and Balorgh. With the upcoming changes to Magicka Nightblade and the removal of minor berserk from Grim Focus, I believe that Magicka Sorcerer will become the best damage role in a raid environment.
Your gap closer gives you more mobility and also stuns enemies as you streak in. Your Hardened Ward is cheaper than Dampen Magic and gives you more shield strength. Your sustain is much better with the recovery buff from Dark Conversion compared to Balance. Since you use a fire staff off bar with a lightning staff main bar, you deal more damage with Eye of Flame to vampires while benefiting from the Ancient Knowledge passive which increase AOE damage done on your front bar. All of that while applying Minor Mangle with your Storm Pulsar. Last and not the least, you benefit from a strong class execute (Mage Wrath) which is getting its damage buffed by 20% next Chapter.
- Optimized for Organized Group Play of 12-16 in Cyrodiil
- Lightning Staff and Fire Staff setup
- Light Armor
- High Shield Strength
- Good Sustain
- Amazing Burst
Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup is the Food we use with this setup. Dark Conversion combined with the Combustion synergy from Energy Orbs, Wormcult buff always active and the Breton race passives provide us with plenty of sustain for prolonged fights.
Using buff tracking addons such as Circonians BuffTracker or BuffTimers to keep the recovery buff from Dark Conversion rolling and other useful buffs for this setup such as Minor Force and Major Sorcery makes it much easier to sustain.
- Energy Orbs with Harmony
- Dark Conversion
- Breton Passives
Buffs: Major Resolve, Major Ward, Major Socery, Immovability Potion and Weapon Damage Enchantment were active when I took the screenshot.
We are running a 5-1-1 Light Armor setup Spinner's Garments, Vicious Death with Balorgh. For Group Play, I found that 5 Impenetrable and 2 Divine traits work best. You want to make sure to keep your shield up.
|Necklace||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Vicious Death||Lightning Staff||Nirnhoned||Crusher Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Vicious Death||Fire Staff||Infused||Weapon Damage Enchant|
- Streak: Use this offensively to stun a pack of enemies as the group engages in or to interrupt players trying to resurrect.
- Mage’s Wrath: You can precast this before streaking in. High chances enemies will get low during the next 4 seconds and the execute will proc.
- Hardened Ward: Keep this up almost 100% of the time. Especially when engaging an enemy organized group.
- Channeled Acceleration: If you are struggling with roots and snares, use the other morph. Keep this up full time.
- Boundless Storm: Keep this up full time. Consider slotting Blockade of Fire instead.
- Dark Deal: Avoid letting your magicka drop bellow 50%. Keep the recovery buff and Minor Prophecy on the group up at all time by recasting this ability.
- Power Surge: If the DK in the group is great at keeping the uptime on Major Sorcery, you may consider slotting something else.
- Eye of the Storm: Precast this ultimate before streaking in a few seconds before your Proximity Detonation is about to explode.
- Temporal Guard: Permanent Minor Protection during an offensive window.
|Lightning Staff Mainbar||Fire Staff off bar|
|Slot 1: Streak||Slot 1: Channeled Acceleration|
|Slot 2: Mage’s Wrath||Slot 2: Boundless Storm|
|Slot 3: Hardened Ward||Slot 3: Dark Conversion|
|Slot 4: Storm Pulsar||Slot 4: Power Surge|
|Slot 5: Inner Light||Slot 5: Proximity Detonation|
|Ultimate: Temporal Guard||Ultimate : Eye of Flame|
Champion Points 
66 Master at Arms
51 Elfborn, 38 Spell Erosion, 65 Elemental Expert
44 Tumbling, 40 Shadow Ward
100 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner, 4 Sprinter
11 Quick Recovery, 16 Bastion
56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 56 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 14 Resistant
40 Elfborn, 20 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
75 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner
16 Bastion, 11 Quick Recovery
37 Hardy, 37 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
40 Ironclad, 11 Resistant
Important Info for Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build
Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup
The Lover (Increased Penetration)
(CC Immunity, Health, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Namira’s Rot, Columbine)
- Dark Magic: Unholy Knowledge, Blood Magic, Exploitation
- Daedric Summoning: Power Stone, Daedric Protection
- Storm Calling: Capacitor, Energized, Amplitude, Expert Mage
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Medium Armor: Wind Walker, Athletics
- Mages Guild: Magicka Controller
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Racial: All
14.05.2019 Updated Build for the Elsweyr Chapter. Magicka Sorcerer Cyrodiil PvP Group Build.