Easieast way to clear Maelstrom Arena
This build is specifically made for people that are new or have issues with weapon swapping. With this setup you will have good damage, huge shields, a huge health pool, a huge magicka pool and a huge stamina pool as you can see in the character stats screenshot below.
- 1 Bar Pet Sorc Build
- Huge Shields
- Huge Health, Magicka and Stamina Pool
- Good Damage
- Good Healing
- Easy veteran Maelstrom Arena clear
5x Plague Doctor, 5x Necropotence, 2x Iceheart
Two handed weapons count as two pieces for those that have not played in a while, that way we can get the 5x Necro, 5x Plague, 2x Iceheart setup.
|Necklace||Plague Doctor||Jewelry||Healthy||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Plague Doctor||Jewelry||Healthy||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Plague Doctor||Shock||Infused||Shock Enchant|
Where can you get the gear?
1 Bar Setup Skills
|1 Bar Shock Staff Setup|
|Slot 1: Hardened Ward|
|Slot 2: Unstable Wall of Elements|
|Slot 3: Critical Surge|
|Slot 4: Volatile Familiar|
|Slot 5: Twilight Matriarch|
|Ultimate: Shock Rage|
- Hardened Ward: This is your shield, always keep it up.
- Unstable Wall of Elements: One of your main damage abilities, keep it up all the times on the enemies plus it also explodes with nice damage.
- Critical Surge: Applies Major Sorcery, 20% more Spell Damage and heals you every time we get a critical hit!
- (Elemental Drain): You could run Elemental Drain instead of Critical Surge, apply it on the enemy to increase the damage by a lot.
- Volatile Familiar: One of your main damage abilities, keep the skill up all the times you are engaging enemies. The last pulse also stuns enemies.
- Twilight Matriarch: When you drop low on health, use the shield first and then use this ability, will give you a big burst heal.
- Shock Rage: Save this for big monsters or when you have trouble killing a certain mob or wave.
- In case you need help distributing your Champion Points, make sure to check out the Champion Points Calculator!
28 Master-at-Arms, 19 Staff Expert
56 Elemental Expert, 56 Elfborn, 30 Spell Erosion
56 Tumbling, 56 Shadow Ward
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
56 Warlord, 4 Sprinter
11 Quick Recovery
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 32 Spell Shield
11 Staff Expert
49 Elemental Expert, 37 Elfborn, 23 Spell Erosion
20 Tumbling, 20 Shadow Ward
100 Arcanist, 23 Tenacity
42 Hardy, 42 Elemental Defender, 40 Thick Skinned
52 Ironclad, 24 Spell Shield
27 Elemental Expert, 20 Elfborn, 22 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Buff Food, Potions, Mundus Stone
Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce
(Max Health, Max Magicka, Max Stamina)
Essence of Magicka
You can run these potions, they are not the best but better than nothing. They drop from Overland Monsters or you can buy them in the Guildstore for a cheap price.
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
These Potions are very powerful, if you run these I recommend using Elemental Drain and not Critical Surge, otherwise you will get Major Sorcery twice.
The Mage (Increased Maximum Magicka)
Full Walkthrough with Video Guide
Maelstrom Arena Videos
Here are some example runs that I did a while ago, you can also find more videos in the Maelstrom Gameplay section of the website.