Here I am going to explain the setup you want to run with when you are going to attempt veteran Maelstrom Arena the first time. I highly do recommend reading the Introduction page for veteran Maelstrom Arena where I rank the difficulty of each class! The Build is adjusted for 300 Championpoints.
Magicka Sorcerers are the recommended class setup to start with Maelstrom Arena. Their huge shields and heals while dealing damage makes them simply the best fit for the Arena.
Full Run with the Base Gear Setup [300 CP]
This video is from the homestead update, it uses somewhat still the same setup and is ran with 300 CP.
Base Gear Setup
- Why Heavy Chest? The Chestpiece gives the most resistances. That is why it is important to use a heavy chest piece.
|Chest||Law of Julianos||Heavy||Divine||Magicka|
|Belt||Law of Julianos||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Law of Julianos||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Pants||Law of Julianos||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Hands||Law of Julianos||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||Mother's Sorrow||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring||Mother's Sorrow||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Mother's Sorrow||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Mother's Sorrow||Fire Staff||Infused||Shock Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Mother's Sorrow||Fire Staff||Infused||Weapon Damage Enchantment|
Where do I get the gear?
- Power Surge on frontbar? This is your only heal that you have, if it falls off and you do not notice it because you forget to swap bar, you will die. That is why it is there, if you are experienced enough put it on the backbar and put Deadric Prey on the front Bar.
- Why a Pet? The pet deals insanse damage and also helps distracting enemies, sometimes the monsters will attack the Pet instead of you!
- Crushing Shock vs Force Pulse: Crushing shock is way better in Maelstrom Arena, as it interrupts a lot of targets while they are casting something at you. It is a lifesaver!
- Hardened Ward: This is your most important skill, the shield it gives you and your pet is huge. You have to constantly reapply it. it can NEVER fall off. If it falls of make sure to reapply it as soon as possible, so Power Surge can you back to full health!
|Fire Staff Mainbar||Fire Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Crystal Fragments||Slot 1: Blockade of Fire|
|Slot 2: Hardened Ward||Slot 2: Liquid Lightning|
|Slot 3 Crushing Shock||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Power Surge||Slot 4: Daedric Prey|
|Slot 5: Volatile Familiar||Slot 5: Volatile Familiar|
|Ultimate: Shooting Star||Ultimate: Fiery Rage|
Info on Skills
- Crystal Fragments: Procs with a chance on Force Pulse, deals great damage.
- Hardened Ward: This ability is one of the most important ones. It gives you an insanely huge shield that protects you from any incoming damage. That is the reason why Sorcerers usually survive longer then other classes, because they have a huge shield available.
- Inner Light: This ability increases our max Magicka by 7%. You do not really actively use the skill in combat. 5% from the ability and another 2% from the passive from the Mages Guild Skill line.
- Volatile Familiar: This pet can tank enemies and if you active its ability it activates a strong AoE damage pulse that hits everything in a 5 meter range. And because those pets scale of max magicka, it will deal an insane amount of damage.
- Shotting Star: This ability is used on big trashpacks, it is nice because the more monsters you hit, the more Ultimate points you regain. And it deals a ton of damage.
- Blockade of Shock: This ability is an AoE damage effect that has covers a huge area in a shockfield. It also procs off balance which gives us an additional 10% damage due to our Championpoints.
- Liquid Lightning: Small shock AoE damage effect that deals an insane amount of damage. Friendly group members also can active a synergie that deals good damge.
- Deadric Prey: This ability deals damage on its own and it boosts our summoned monsters damage by 55%, that is actually crazy.
- Elemental Rage: This ultimate can also be used on trashpacks, it is the strongest ultimate in the game and deals the most damage in a short period of time.
Crystal Shards > Crystal Fragments
Conjured Ward > Hardened Ward
Force Shock > Crushing Shock
Surge > Power Surge
Summon Unstable Familiar > Summon Volatile Familiar
Meteor > Shooting Star
Wall of Elements > Elemental Blockade
Lightning Splash > Liquid Lightning
Weakness to Elements > Elemental Drain
Daedric Curse > Daedric Prey
Elemental Storm > Elemental Rage
Championpoints [300 CP]
20 Master at Arms, 2 Staff Expert
27 Elemental Expert, 20 Elfborn
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Magicka Sorcerer Maelstrom Build
Here you can find information about what race, buff-food, potions & poisons you want to use. I also do list all the passives that you need for this setup.
Witchmothers Brew (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
The Lover (Increased Spell Penetration)
Normal Magicka Potions
The build is set up, that you can use normal magicka potions which drop from monsters. they are also super cheap in guildstores. Or use the ones listed below if you want to.
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
You will need the following passives:
Dark Magic, Daedric Summoning, Storm Calling, Light Armor, Heavy Armor (Juggernaunt Passive), Destruction Staff, Mages Guild, Racial, Undaunted, Alchemy: Medicinal Use
14.11.2017 Updated for Clockwork City
04.05.2018 Updated for Dragon Bones
13.06.2018 Updated for Summerset Chapter