Table of Contents
- Resource Management
- PVP Group Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the ‘Magicka Sorcerer DD Cyrodiil PvP Group Build “Elementalist” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Elementalist Build is optimized for Organized Group Play of 12-16 in Cyrodiil.
This build is a 5-1-1 light setup with New Moon Acolyte, Vicious Death and Balorgh. With the changes to Magicka Nightblade and the removal of minor berserk from Grim Focus in the Elsweyr chapter, I believe that Magicka Sorcerer has become the best balanced damage role in a Magicka raid environment.
Your Streak gives you the best mobility in the game and with the Scalebreaker patch, it also goes through block and hard cc everyone at your destination.
Since the Scalebreaker update, Mutagen was changed into Radiating Regeneration which now affect 3 targets for 10 seconds. Power Surge was also changed to affect 6 targets and triggers upon critical healing. Those 2 skills combined together get you right on top of the healing meter compared to any damage dealer.
Since you use a Lightning Staff main bar, you also have the possibility to proc Concussion which apply Minor Vulnerability (8% more damage taken) to enemies and Minor Mangle (max health decreased by 10%) with Pulsar. Also note that since the Scalebreaker patch, your chances to apply the Concussion has been increased from 5% to 15%.
You benefit from a strong class execute, Mages' Wrath, which got it’s AOE damage buffed by 20% in the Elsweyr chapter.
- Optimized for Organized Group Play of 12-16 in Cyrodiil
- Lightning Staff and Resto Staff Setup
- Light Armor
- High Shield Strength
- Good Sustain
- Good Healing
- Amazing Burst
- Great Crowd Control
In case you don’t know what weaving light attacks is, make sure to check out the “Weaving Beginner Guide” which explains how to weave light attacks between abilities, aka animation canceling.
Artaeum Picked Fish Bowl is the Food we use with this setup. If you don’t have the budget, you can consider using Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup instead. If you have Stamina sustain issues, use TriStats.
Dark Conversion combined with the Combustion synergy from Energy Orb, The Worm's Raiment buff always active, the recovery proc from several staves of Grand Rejuvenation and the Breton race passives provide us with plenty of sustain for prolonged fights.
Using Buff tracking addons such as Circonians BuffTracker or BuffTimers to keep the recovery proc from Dark Conversion rolling and other useful buffs for this setup such as Minor Force, Major Sorcery and Major Resolve makes it much easier overall.
Using a Synergy Cooldown tracking addon such as RDK Group Tools helps to make good use of energy orbs.
- Energy Orbs with Harmony
- Maelstrom Resto Staff
- Master Resto Staff
- Dark Conversion
- Breton Passives
- Heavy attacks
Buffs: Major Resolve, Major Sorcery, Major Prophecy, Minor Prophecy, Major Intellect, Major Fortitude and Weapon Damage Enchantment were active when I took the screenshot.
For Group Play, I found that 5 Impenetrable and 2 Divine traits work best. You want to make sure to keep your shield up and your hots rolling. Please note that this setup is not best in slot but it provides the best balance between healing and damage potential. This setup is not recommended for beginners since it is extremely hard to sustain on it due to the 5pc New Moon Acolyte.
The other option is to replace New Moon Acolyte by one of the following sets :
Spinner's Garments for better sustain, less healing and relatively same damage.
Clever Alchemist for better damage, less healing and less sustain.
Please note that Clever Alchemist got its proc duration increased from 15 to 20 seconds with the Harrowstorm DLC with a slight damage buff.
The reason why I dislike CA is because it promotes players to be greedy about their potion and to keep it for the offensive push when they could use it to save their life.
|Chest||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Shoes||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Pants||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Hands||New Moon Acolyte||Light||Impenetrable||Tri-Stat|
|Necklace||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Vicious Death||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||Vicious Death||Lightning Staff||Nirnhoned||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 2||Precise Regeneration||Resto Staff||Powered||Absorb Stamina|
Where can I get the gear?
|Lightning Staff Mainbar||Resto Staff off bar|
|Slot 1: Streak||Slot 1: Power Surge|
|Slot 2: Mage’s Wrath||Slot 2: Race Against Time|
|Slot 3: Hardened Ward||Slot 3: Dark Conversion|
|Slot 4: Storm Pulsar||Slot 4: Radiating Regeneration|
|Slot 5: Inner Light||Slot 5: Proximity Detonation|
|Ultimate: Eye of Storm||Ultimate : Temporal Guard|
- Streak: Use this offensively to stun a pack of enemies as the group engages in or to interrupt players trying to resurrect.
- Mage’s Wrath: You can precast this before streaking in. High chances enemies will get low during the next 4 seconds and the execute will proc.
- Hardened Ward: Keep this up almost 100% of the time. Especially when engaging an enemy organized group.
- Race Against Time: Roots/Snares Removal and a nice crit buff.
- Radiating Regeneration: Prebuff with 2 or 3 casts and reapply every 10 seconds or during the kitting phase.
- Dark Convertion: Avoid letting your magicka drop bellow 50%. Keep the recovery buff and Minor Prophecy on the group up at all time by recasting this ability.
- Power Surge: If the DK in the group is great at keeping the uptime on Major Sorcery, you may consider slotting something else.
- Eye of the Storm: Precast this ultimate before streaking in a few seconds before your Proximity Detonation is about to explode.
- Temporal Guard: Permanent Minor Protection during an offensive window.
Rotation and Combos
Before any engagement, you want to make sure to maintain the following buffs from your abilities :
- Major Sorcery: Power Surge
- Minor Prophecy + Recovery buff: Dark Conversion
- Healing Over Time: Radiating Regeneration
- Minor Force + Major Expedition: Race Against Time
In a magicka group focus, the leader will usually start an engagement by doing a countdown of Proximity Detonation. As you hear the countdown, cast Power Surge and Radiating Regeneration, then cast Proximity Detonation followed by Race Against Time.
Just before going in, cast Hardened Ward on yourself and Mages' Wrath on the biggest stack of enemies. Streak in so you land very close on the other side of the stack but still stun all the targets in your way, then spam Pulsar a few times.
Finally, cast Mages' Wrath again on low targets.
If the leader call for a Storm to be used, cast it just before Streaking in.
During the kiting phase, you can shield yourself and Streak enemies applying pressure on allies stuck behind. This requires a high skill level and is not recommended for new players.
Champion Points 
66 Master at Arms
51 Elfborn, 37 Spell Erosion, 65 Elemental Expert
44 Tumbling, 40 Shadow Ward
100 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner, 4 Sprinter
11 Quick Recovery, 16 Bastion
56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 56 Thick Skinned
61 Ironclad, 14 Resistant
40 Elfborn, 20 Spell Erosion, 49 Elemental Expert
75 Arcanist, 37 Tenacity
44 Warlord, 1 Siphoner
16 Bastion, 11 Quick Recovery
37 Hardy, 37 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
40 Ironclad, 11 Resistant
Artaeum Picked Fish Bowl
Solitude Salmon Millet Soup
Withered Tree Inn Venison Pot Roast
The Lover (Increased Penetration – Best damage in the long run)
The Shadow (Increase Critical Damage – Best burst damage)
The Apprentice (Increased Spell Damage – Best balance between damage and healing)
Breton (Worst Damage – Best Sustain)
High Elf (Best Damage – Average sustain)
Dark Elf (Average Damage – Worst sustain)
(CC Immunity, Health, Magicka)
(Bugloss, Namira’s Rot, Columbine)
- Dark Magic: Unholy Knowledge, Blood Magic, Exploitation
- Daedric Summoning: Power Stone, Daedric Protection
- Storm Calling: Capacitor, Energized, Amplitude, Expert Mage
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Medium Armor: Wind Walker, Athletics
- Mages Guild: Magicka Controller
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Racial: All