Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build “Wrath”
Wolfhunter DLC, Summerset Chapter
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- PvP Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build “Wrath” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The “Wrath” build is made for PvP, you can use the build both in the Non-Championpoints and Championpoints campaign.
The Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build Wrath is relying heavily on its shields and uses burst damage to kill enemies. We are using Shacklebreaker and Wizards Riposte in combination with the Master Destruction Staff. We are using Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka which are both very powerful shields and they must be kept up at all times. Most Sorcerers die because they let their shield fall off. We have really good damage abilities such as Haunting Curse and Crystal Frags. Sorcerers need to learn to combo their abilities, your goal is to let most skills go off at the same time. Because many skills have some sort of delay on them so you can plan ahead when you want to hit the enemy with certain things.
- Battlegrounds optimized
- Battlegrounds & Cyrodiil
- Light Armor
- Big Shields
- Huge Burst damage
- Fast Movement
- Good sustain
Changes from the previous version
Reminder: The Build video is from the Summerset Chapter patch. Small changes have been made in the Wolfhunter DLC update, as you can see here in the written guide.
- Updated the Champion Points and improved the Passive section.
Resource management is the most important part for any build in PvP. It is very important that you know when to pressure an enemy and when to go on recovery mode. There is a few ways to make sure that you have enough sustain on a Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build. We are using the Witchmothers Brew (or Clockwork Citrus Filet) which helps a lot with sustain. On top of that we are also running 1 Spell Cost Reduction on our jewelry. We are using the Shroud of the Lich set on the backbar which once we drop low on Magicka, boosts our Recovery like crazy and thus we can sustain fine. Harness Magicka also returns Magicka if you are being hit by a spell while the shield is up. You can also use Heavy Attacks to restore Magicka.
- Clockwork Citrus Filet (Witchmothers Brew)
- Shroud of the Lich
- Spell Cost Reduction
- Dark Conversion
- Harness Magicka
- Heavy Attacks
Cyrodiil with Champion Points
Shroud of the Lich, Power Surge, Weapon Damage Enchantment and Tri Stat Potion were active. Champion Points Campaign.
Battlegrounds without Champion Points
Shroud of the Lich, Power Surge, Weapon Damage Enchantment and Tri Stat Potion were active. Non Champion Points Campaign.
With Shacklebreaker, Domihaus and Ilambris we get really good overall stats and Lich is here to help with sustain. If you want you could also use Wizard’s Riposte instead of Lich but you might want to up your Magicka Recovery a bit then.
|Necklace||Shroud of the Lich||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Shroud of the Lich||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Shroud of the Lich||Jewelry||Arcane||Reduced Spell Cost|
|Weapon 1||Willpower||Fire||Infused||Shock Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Shroud of the Lich||Resto||Infused||Weapon Damage Enchantment|
Where can I get the gear?
Domihaus: Falkreath Hold
Ilambris: Crypts of Hearts 1
Shroud of the Lich: Crypts of Hearts 1 & 2
Master's Inferno Staff: vet Dragonstar Arena
Wizard's Riposte: Battlegrounds, Guildtrader
- Boundless Storm: This is your flex spot, you can swap this out with whatever skill you like. You can also shot Harness Magicka here if you want.
- Rune Cage: One of the most powerful skills in the game, unblockable undodgeable CC that also deals damage.
- Haunting Curse: You can slot this instead of Deep Thoughts, I do like like the sustain that Deep Thoughts gives me in Battlegrounds.
- Ultimate: You can slot Shooting Star instead of Temporal Guard if you like a more powerful Ultimate.
|Fire Staff Mainbar||Resto Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Hardened Ward||Slot 1: Streak|
|Slot 2: Crystal Fragments||Slot 2: Deep Thoughts/ Haunting Curse|
|Slot 3: Crushing Shock||Slot 3: Healing Ward|
|Slot 4: Mages’ Wrath||Slot 4: Boundless Storm|
|Slot 5: Rune Cage||Slot 5: Power Surge|
|Ultimate: Dawnbreaker of Smithing||Ultimate: Temporal Guard/ Shooting Star|
Championpoints [780 CP]
19 Staff Expert, 56 Shattering Blows, 40 Master at Arms
49 Elemental Expert, 40 Elfborn, 56 Spell Erosion
54 Tumbling, 26 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Mooncalf
49 Warlord, 16 Sprinter, 1 Siphoner
37 Hardy, 37 Elemental Defender, 20 Thick Skinned
48 Ironclad, 42 Resistant
Important Info for Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery) (/Witchmothers Brew)
The Mage – Increased Max Magicka
The Attronach – Increased Magicka Recovery
We use special potions, which are an important part of the build. As we do already have the Major Sorcery Buff from Power Surge we have really good options in terms of potions. You can use either of those three. I recommend using the Tristat Potions as they give us back a lot of resources.
Essence of Immovability
(Immovability, Major Expedititon, Stamina)
(Columbine, Blessed Thistle, Namiras Rot)
Essence of Immovability
(Immovability, Spell-Crit, Magicka)
(Columbine, Ladys Smock, Namiras Rot)
Essence of Health
(Health, Magicka, Stamina)
(Columbine, Bugloss, Dragonthorn)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
- Dark Magic: Unholy Knowledge, Blood Magic, Persistence, Exploitation
- Daedric Summoning: Rebate, Power Stone, Daedric Protection, Expert Summoner
- Storm Calling: Capacitor, Energized, Implosion, Expert Mage
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Recovery, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Juggernaunt Passive
- Vampire (optional): Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Dark Stalker
- Fighters Guild: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magick, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Psijic Order: Clairvoyance, Spell Orb, Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
02.08.2018 Updated Build for Wolfhunter DLC, Summerset Chapter, Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build.