Archived Last updated: Murkmire DLC, Summerset Chapter Reason: Shield Changes in Murkmire did impact the build, new build here: Magicka Sorc "Storm"
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- PvP Setup
- Build Video & Gameplay
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build “Wrath” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The “Wrath” build is made for PvP, you can use the build both in the Non-Champion Points and Champion Points campaign.
The Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build Wrath is relying heavily on its shields and uses burst damage to kill enemies. We are using Shacklebreaker and Shroud of the Lich in combination with the Destructive Impact. We are using Hardened Ward which is a very powerful shield and should be kept up at all times. Most Sorcerers die because they let their shield fall off. We have really good damage abilities such as Haunting Curse and Crystal Frags. Sorcerers need to learn to combo their abilities, your goal is to let most skills go off at the same time. Because many skills have some sort of delay on them so you can plan ahead when you want to hit the enemy with certain things.
- Battlegrounds optimized
- Battlegrounds & Cyrodiil
- Light Armor
- Big Shields
- Huge Burst damage
- Fast Movement
- Good sustain
Changes from the previous version
I might further adjust this build this patch, but for now I mostly changed the skill setup layout a bit for Battlegrounds. Crystal Fragments got a damage boost this patch. Bright’s Throat Set is also a new very good option that you have instead of the Lich set.
- Shields now also scale with your resistances, but they also can be critically hit. So it is worth keeping up Boundless Storms to mitigate as much damage on your shields as possible.
- Adjusted Skill setup
- Updated Champion Points to 810 CP and added a 600 & 300 CP Setup.
Resource management is the most important part for any build in PvP. It is very important that you know when to pressure an enemy and when to go on recovery mode. There is a few ways to make sure that you have enough sustain on a Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build. We are using the Witchmothers Brew (or Clockwork Citrus Filet) which helps a lot with sustain. On top of that we are also running 1 Spell Cost Reduction on our jewelry. We are using the Shroud of the Lich set on the backbar which once we drop low on Magicka, boosts our Recovery like crazy and thus we can sustain fine. Harness Magicka also returns Magicka if you are being hit by a spell while the shield is up. You can also use Heavy Attacks to restore Magicka.
- Clockwork Citrus Filet (Witchmothers Brew)
- Shroud of the Lich
- Spell Cost Reduction
- Dark Conversion (Optional)
- Harness Magicka
- Heavy Attacks
Cyrodiil with Champion Points
Shroud of the Lich, Power Surge, Weapon Damage Enchantment and Tri Stat Potion were active, with Willpower Staff. Champion Points Campaign.
Battlegrounds without Champion Points
Shroud of the Lich, Power Surge, Weapon Damage Enchantment and Tri Stat Potion were active, with Willpower Staff. Non Champion Points Campaign.
With Shacklebreaker, Domihaus and Ilambris we get really good overall stats and Lich is here to help with sustain. If you want you could also use Wizard’s Riposte instead of Shroud of the Lich but you might want to up your Magicka Recovery a bit then.
- Bright’s Throat Set is also a very good option that you have instead of Lich.
|Necklace||Shroud of the Lich||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Shroud of the Lich||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Ring||Shroud of the Lich||Jewelry||Arcane||Reduced Spell Cost|
|Weapon 1||Destructive Impact/ Willpower||Fire||Infused||Shock Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Shroud of the Lich||Resto||Infused||Weapon Damage Enchantment|
Where can I get the gear?
Domihaus: Falkreath Hold
Ilambris: Crypts of Hearts 1
Shroud of the Lich: Crypts of Hearts 1 & 2
Master's Inferno Staff: vet Dragonstar Arena
Wizard's Riposte: Battlegrounds, Guildtrader
- Boundless Storm: This is your flex spot, you can swap this out with whatever skill you like. You can also shot Harness Magicka here if you want.
- Ultimate: You can slot Shooting Star instead of Temporal Guard if you like a more powerful Ultimate.
- Why Dawmbreaker of Smiting? This Ultimate offers a very high burst damage and stun, usually not predictable by enemies in close range, followed up by a Crystal Fragments can be very deadly.
|Fire Staff Mainbar||Resto Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Hardened Ward||Slot 1: Streak|
|Slot 2: Crystal Fragments||Slot 2: Haunting Curse|
|Slot 3: Destructive Reach||Slot 3: Healing Ward|
|Slot 4: Endless Fury||Slot 4: Boundless Storm|
|Slot 5: Deep Thoughts/ Dark Conversion||Slot 5: Power Surge|
|Ultimate: Dawnbreaker of Smithing||Ultimate: Temporal Guard/ Shooting Star|
Championpoints [810 CP]
19 Staff Expert, 56 Shattering Blows, 40 Master at Arms
49 Elemental Expert, 40 Elfborn, 66 Spell Erosion
44 Tumbling, 36 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 49 Mooncalf
49 Warlord, 16 Sprinter, 1 Siphoner
23 Quick Recovery
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 28 Thick Skinned
48 Ironclad, 54 Resistant, 21 Spell Shield
Championpoints [600 CP]
40 Master at Arms, 9 Staff Expert, 31 Shattering Blows
37 Elemental Expert, 40 Elfborn, 43 Spell Erosion
32 Tumbling, 32 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 23 Mooncalf
42 Hardy, 42 Elemental Defender, 28 Thick Skinned
34 Ironclad, 45 Resistant, 9 Spell Shield
Championpoints [300 CP]
18 Master at Arms
27 Elemental Expert, 20 Elfborn, 35 Spell Erosion
64 Arcanist, 32 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender
31 Ironclad, 23 Resistant
Important Info for Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build
Clockwork Citrus Filet (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Health Recovery)
Witchmothers Brew (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
The Mage – Increased Max Magicka
The Attronach – Increased Magicka Recovery
We use special potions, which are an important part of the build. As we do already have the Major Sorcery Buff from Power Surge we have really good options in terms of potions. You can use either of those three. I recommend using the Tristat Potions as they give us back a lot of resources.
Essence of Immovability
(Immovability, Major Expedititon, Stamina)
(Columbine, Blessed Thistle, Namiras Rot)
Essence of Immovability
(Immovability, Spell-Crit, Magicka)
(Columbine, Ladys Smock, Namiras Rot)
Essence of Health
(Health, Magicka, Stamina)
(Columbine, Bugloss, Dragonthorn)
- Dark Magic: Unholy Knowledge, Blood Magic, Persistence, Exploitation
- Daedric Summoning: Rebate, Power Stone, Daedric Protection, Expert Summoner
- Storm Calling: Capacitor, Energized, Amplitude (former Implosion), Expert Mage
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Absorb, Critical Rush, Restoration Master
- Light Armor: Grace, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut
- Vampire: Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Dark Stalker
- Fighters Guild: Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker
- Mages Guild: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Psijic Order: Clairvoyance, Spell Orb, Concentrated Barrier, Deliberation
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Assault: Continuous Attack, Reach, Combat Frenzy
- Support: Magicka Aid, Combat Medic, Battle Resurrection
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
All into Magicka