Magicka Sorcerer Healer Build “Surge” Dragon Bones DLC
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Dungeons Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Sorcerer Healer Build PvE “Surge” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Surge Healer Build is made for Dungeons.
The Surge Build is focusing immensely on group support. We are using Spellpower Cure and Worm Cult to buff our group as much as possible. Keep in mind, there is a huge variety of good Healer Sets, that I will in the gear section. Always adjust your builds to the situation, test things out and you will progress. Sorcerer Healers have very strong burst heals with the Twilight pet, stronger than Breath of Live! In addition to that you can also use Boundless Storm, to increase your resistances, gain speedbuff and debuff enemies occasionally with Concussion.
- Dungeon Build
- Insane Resource Mangement
- Insane Healing Output
- Group Support
- Buff/Debuff Setup
- Light Armor
Changes from the previous version
This build was added with Dragon Bones DLC.
We have more than enough Magicka Recovery to be able to sustain without any issues. Now on this build we are using 2x Spellcost reduction Glyphs in combination with Witchmothers Brew Drink to give us enough sustain. Also do not forget to Heavy Attack as Resto Staves give you 30% more resources back! In case you still have sustain issues, which I doubt, you could use Dark Conversion to transfer Stamina into Magicka.
- Dark Conversion
- Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Cost Reduction Glyph
- Heavy Attacks
- Witchmothers Brew Drink
Spellpower Potion was active when I took the screenshot. Spellpower Cure was not active, othewise would be 2,4k Spelldamage.
Gear Setup 1
As a Sorcerer Healer it is very important to talk to your buddy to adjust your gear. In a Dungeon or Raid you should always have Wormcult & Healing Mage set present. So most of the times Healer 1 (Wormcult & Spellpower Cure) and Healer 2 (Mending & Spellpower Cure). In the end it is up to you with what sets you go, I will list a few good sets here that you can choose from.
|Chest||Spell Power Cure||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Spell Power Cure||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Spell Power Cure||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Pants||Spell Power Cure||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Hands||Spell Power Cure||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Head||The Worm's Raiment||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Shoulder||The Worm's Raiment||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||The Worm's Raiment||Jewelry||Arcane||Spellcost Reduction|
|Ring||The Worm's Raiment||Jewelry||Arcane||Spellcost Reduction|
|Ring||The Worm's Raiment||Jewelry||Arcane||Spelldamage|
|Weapon 1||The Master's Restoration Staff||Resto Staff||Powered||Magicka Drain|
|Weapon 2||The Maelstrom's Lightning Staff/Random||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock dmg|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
|Weapon 1||Torug's Pact||Resto Staff||Powered||Spelldamage|
|Weapon 2||Torug's Pact||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock dmg|
Where can I get the gear?
The Worm's Raiment: Vaults of Madness
Spell Power Cure: White Gold Tower
Healing Mage (Mending): Aetherian Archive
Sanctuary: Banished Cells
Jorvuld's Guidance: Scalecaller Peak
Kagrenac's Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge (You must have completed the Fighters Guild quest line to have access to craft this Set. Requires 8 Traits to craft pieces of this Set)
Willpower: Imperial City Vaults, Guildstore
Master's Restoration Staff Veteran Dragonstar Arena
The Maelstrom's Lightning Staff: Maelstrom Arena
Torug's Pact: Craftable (Requires 3 Traits)
Molag Kena: White Gold Tower
Remember, Healers often need to change a few skills out during runs. So this setup is not maced into stone, adjust it to your needs.
- Healing Ward: This ability only needs to be used if an member takes a lot of damage and drops low on health.
- Combat Prayer: This needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 8%.
- Healing Springs: This is your main healing tool, its pretty cheap and heals a lot over time.
- Inner Light: This is a ability that we do not use directly, but offers us an about 3k increase in Max Magicka.
- Twilight Matriarch: The pet has an insanely strong heal, in case your group members are spread too far, just activate this, as long as they stand in a 28m range they will get healed.
- Lights Champion Ulti: Only use this in “oh crap” moments. It is always better to use Warhorn to support your group with more max resources and crit modifier.
- Boundless Storm: Keep this ability up all the time, it gives you Major Ward and Resolve to increase Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280, plus you actually can concuss enemies. And you get Major Expedititon Speed buff.
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Energy Orb: Use this as much as possible, when group members activate the Synergy, they restore a lot of resources.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
- Flex Spot: If you want to add another Skill, you can swap out Inner Light.
- Empowered Ward: If you think your pet and you need shielding, you could use Empowered Ward instead of Healing Ward. Also gives your group members Minor Intellect, increasing Magicka Recovery by 10%.
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Shock Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Healing Ward/ Empowered Ward||Slot 1: Boundless Storm|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 3: Healing Springs||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Inner Light||Slot 4: Energy Orb|
|Slot 5: Twilight Matriarch||Slot 5: Twilight Matriarch|
|Ultimate: Lights Champion||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
Championpoints [720 CP]
75 Blessed, 73 Elfborn, 14 Spell Erosion, 37 Elemental Expert
44 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 13 Spell Shield
Championpoints [300 CP]
61 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Important Info for Sorcerer Healer Build PvE
Witchmothers Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
The Atronach ( Increased Magicka Recovery)
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
- Daedric Summoning: All passives
- Dark Magic: All passives
- Storm Calling: All passives
- Restoration Staff: All passives
Destruction Staff: All passives
- Light Armor: All
- Fighters Guild: All
- Mages Guild: All
- Undaunted: All
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
29.01.2018 Added Build for Dragon Bones DLC Sorcerer Healer Build PvE
30.01.2017 Added Skill Description to the Skill Section
03.02.2017 Added Buildvideo for Sorcerer Healer Build PvE
18.02.2018 Fixed a typo in CP, had 76 instead of 75 allocated (put the extra one point into spell erosion)
19.02.2018 Fixed typo in CP section, had 76 instead of 75 Arcanist & Tenacity. (Put remaining points in Shadow Ward)
04.05.2018 Updated Gear Description for Magicka Sorcerer Healer Build PvE