Magicka Nightblade Build PvP “Shadow”- Clockwork City
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Cyrodiil Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Nightblade Build PvP “Shadow” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. This Magicka Nightblade Build is made for Cyrodiil and also works in Battlegrounds.
This build is focusing on ranged gameplay, if you want to you could also play melee with it but you need to adjust some abilities. Playing ranged gives us a huge advantage over the enemy, it will be hard to catch us because we have several defensive abilities like Shadowy Disguise to make us invisible, Shadow Image to reposition us quickly and we can keep the pressure on the enemy with our DoTs and direct damage abilities all from far away. Combining Amber Plasm and Shackle Breaker Sets also gives us insane resource numbers and really high Spell Damage as you can see in the picture below. Remember, adjust the build to your needs, everyone has a different playstyle.
- Crazy Sustain
- Strong Burst Combos
- Ranged Setup
- Light Armor Build
- High Mobility
Changes from the previous version
This is a new build added with Clockwork City DLC.
Resource management should not be difficult with this build, we have so much magicka recovery plus we use Light Armor which gives us spell cost reduction on. In case you still struggle you can also use Siphoning Attacks and do Heavy Attacks on the Restoration Staff bar, as those give 30% extra resources back. Stamina is one of the most important resources for Magicka Builds because if you can not break free or block when needed, you will die eventually. Having 14k Stamina and 1161 Stamina recovery ensures us that we are never going to run out of stamina.
- Siphoning Attacks
- Heavy Attacks
- Witchmothers Brew
Spellpower Potion, Spell dmg Enchantment and Resistance buff was active when I took the screenshot.
Gear Setup 1
- Infused: If you would like you can also run Impenetrable there to get some more critical resistance.
- Health Glyphs: With two Health Glyphs we do have about 24k Health, which I do think is necessary because we are in Light Armor. If you want to stack more magicka and try it out, go for it.
- Amberplasm Jewelry: You can do Normal or Veteran version of Ruins of Mazzatun, the stats between blue and purple jewelry are almost the same so you do not need to push yourself through the veteran version if you do not want to.
|Necklace||Amber Plasm||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Dmg|
|Ring||Amber Plasm||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Dmg|
|Ring||Amber Plasm||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Dmg|
|Weapon 1||Shacklebreaker||Fire||Nirnhoned||Fire Enchant|
|Weapon 2||Shacklebreaker||Resto||Infused||Spell Damage|
Where can I get the gear?
- Dampen Magic: We are using this morph because it will give us almost a 10k shield in Cyrodiil which is nice and we already have enough sustain so we do not need Harness Magicka.
- Siphoning Strikes: We already have pretty good sustain so you could swap this out with for example Concealed Weapon if you think you can sustain without it.
- Shooting Star: This build uses a ranged playstyle, that is why we use Shooting star, if you want to go into melee you could also slot other Ultimates like Soul harvest or Soul Tether.
- Shadowy Disguise: This will give us a guaranteed crit on our next ability, you could also use the other morph which gives you more damage mitigation if you prefer that.
- Lights Champion: This is one of the strongest defensive Ultimates in the game, it provides so much healing and damage mitigation so make sure to slot it.
|Fire Staff Mainbar||Resto Staff Bar|
|Slot 1: Flame Reach||Slot 1: Healing Ward|
|Slot 2: Merciless Resolve||Slot 2: Shadow Image|
|Slot 3 Swallow Soul||Slot 3: Crippling Grasp|
|Slot 4: Shadowy Disguise||Slot 4: Mass Hysteria|
|Slot 5: Dampen Magic||Slot 5: Siphoning Attacks|
|Ultimate: Shooting Star||Ultimate: Lights Champion|
Championpoints [690 CP]
56 Master-at-Arms, 20 Shattering Blows
27 Elemental Expert, 48 Elfborn, 32 Spell Erosion, 19 Blessed
48 Tumbling, 20 Shadow Ward
76 Arcanist, 32 Tenacity, 23 Mooncalf
20 Warlord, 11 Sprinter
37 Quick Recovery, 20 Bastion
43 Hardy, 43 Elemental Defender, 18 Thick Skinned
34 Ironclad, 35 Resistant
Championpoints [300 CP]
18 Master at Arms
27 Elemental Expert, 20 Elfborn, 16 Spell Erosion, 19 Blessed
64 Arcanist, 32 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Resistant
Here you can find information about what race, buff-food, potions & poisons you want to use. I also do list all the passives that you need for this setup.
Witchmothers Brew (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
Apprentice Mundus (Increased Spell Damage)
You can use various Potions, I recommend running the Spell Crit Potions as you get Spellcrit, Spelldamage and Magicka. You could also use Tri Stat Potions or Immovable Potions but you have to make sure to get the Spelldamage buff from somewhere else then.
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
You will need the following passives:
Assassination, Shadow, Siphoning, Light Armor, Heavy Armor (Juggernaut passive), Destruction Staff, Fighters Guild, Racial, Vampire, Mages Guild: Might of the Guild, Undaunted, Assault, Support, Alchemy: Medicinal Use
It is very important that you are a Vampire with this build as this will give you some really fancy advantages. Be aware that you will take increased damage from fire attacks, prismatic weapon enchants and fighters guild abilities.
This allows you to ignore the Movement Speed penalty while you are sneaking or invisible, which is huge because we can use Shadowy Disguise a lot and do not get the speed penalty.
Damage Reduction on low health is also very helpful, especially in combination with Healing Ward which makes it really hard to kill us.
This gives us both 10% Magicka and Stamina Recovery which is a nice addition on top of the other effects.
14.12.2017 Added Build for Clockwork City