Magicka Dragonknight Healer Build PvE “Obsidian”
Wolfhunter DLC, Summerset Chapter
Table of Contents
- Changes from the previous version
- Resource Management
- Dungeons & Trial Setup
- Update Log
Welcome to the Magicka Dragonkight Healer Build PvE “Obsidian” for Elder Scrolls Online. Make sure to bookmark the link as I will keep updating the build for each new Update of ESO. The Obsidian Healer Build is made for Dungeons.
The Magicka Dragonknight Healer Build PvE has very strong class based abilities like Cauterize, Cinder Storm and Fragmented Shield. Those Skills in combination with the Restoration Staff Skill-line makes up for a very strong Healer setup! Overall the Dragonknight Healer can push out a lot of heal over times. On top of that sets like Vestments of Olorime help us supporting our group with extra Weapon and Spell Damage and Sets like Worm Cult improve the sustain of Magicka classes! Having a lot of sustain based passives in the Dragonknight Class Skill-line and high Magicka Recovery also allows us to constantly use abilities.
- Dungeon & Trial Build
- Insane Resource Mangement
- Insane Healing Output
- Group Support
- Buff/Debuff Setup
- Light Armor
- Fire Debuff on Enemy
- Easy Sustain
Changes from the previous version
Reminder: The Build video is from the Summerset Chapter patch. Small changes have been made in the Wolfhunter DLC update, as you can see here in the written guide.
- Updated Champion Points and improved the Passive section.
We have more than enough Magicka Recovery to be able to sustain without any issues. Now on this build we are using 2x Spellcost reduction Glyphs in combination with Witchmothers Brew (or Clockwork Citrus) Drink to give us enough sustain. Also do not forget to Heavy Attack as Resto Staves give you 30% more resources back! On top of that we have access to Battle Roar and Helping Hands passives in the Earthen Heart Tree, which make sustain even easier. You get so much resources back for activating an Ultimate.
- Battle Roar & Helping Hands
- Magicka Recovery Glyph
- Cost Reduction Glyph
- Heavy Attacks
- Witchmothers Brew Drink
Dungeons & Trial Setup
Spellpower Potion and Major Courage buff were active when I took the screenshot.
In addition to the setups below, here is a list with other very good Healer sets that you can use:
- The Worm's Raiment
- Spell Power Cure
- Healing Mage (Mending)
- Kagrenac's Hope
- Jorvuld’s Guidance
Gear Setup 1
|Chest||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Belt||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Shoes||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Pants||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Infused||Tri-Stat|
|Hands||Perfect Vestment of Olorime||Light||Divine||Magicka|
|Necklace||The Worm's Raiment||Jewelry||Arcane||Spellcost Reduction|
|Ring||The Worm's Raiment||Jewelry||Arcane||Spellcost Reduction|
|Ring||The Worm's Raiment||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 1||The Worm's Raiment||Resto Staff||Powered||Magicka Drain|
|Weapon 2||The Worm's Raiment||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock dmg|
Gear Setup 2 Beginner
|Weapon 1||Sanctuary||Resto Staff||Powered||Spell Damage|
|Weapon 2||Sanctuary||Lightning Staff||Charged||Shock dmg|
Where can I get the gear?
Other useful sets:
Spell Power Cure: White Gold Tower
Healing Mage (Mending): Aetherian Archive
Sanctuary: Banished Cells
Jorvuld's Guidance: Scalecaller Peak
Kagrenac's Hope: Craftable In the Earth Forge (You must have completed the Fighters Guild quest line to have access to craft this Set. Requires 8 Traits to craft pieces of this Set)
Willpower: Imperial City Vaults, Guildstore
Master's Restoration Staff: Veteran Dragonstar Arena
The Maelstrom's Lightning Staff: Maelstrom Arena
Torug's Pact: Craftable (Requires 3 Traits)
Molag Kena: White Gold Tower
Remember, Healers often need to change a few skills during runs. So this setup is not maced into stone, adjust it to your needs.
- Healing Ward: This ability only needs to be used if an member takes a lot of damage and drops low on health.
- Combat Prayer: This needs to be on the group members all the time to heal them and increase their damage by 8%.
- Healing Springs: This is your main healing tool, its pretty cheap and heals a lot over time.
- Obsidian Shard: Huge Burst Heal with a long range. 28m range to the enemy and then it can travel another 28m to heal a ally.
- Fragmented Shield: Applies a small shield and gives you Major Mending for 5 seconds.
- Live Giver Ulti: Heals for a lot and applies several other heals to the low Health Player.
- Cinder Storm: Strong and long lasting heal over time that can be placed on the ground.
- Elemental Blockade: Keep this on the ground as much as possible, when that Elemental Shock Blockade is on the ground with your charged trait, concussion and off balance will almost proc on cooldown, increasing group DPS by a lot.
- Elemental Drain: This ability needs to be on the enemy as much as possible, it debuffs their Spell Resistance and gives Magicka Steal to your whole group, increasing sustain by a lot.
- Energy Orb: Use this as much as possible, when group members activate the Synergy, they restore a lot of resources.
- Cauterize: Very powerful burst heal, shoots Orbs at allies to heal them.
- Aggressive Warhorn: This is your main Ultimate, it buffs the groups resources and increases the critical damage modifier for 10 seconds.
- Flex Spot: If you want to add another Skill, you can swap out Inner Light.
|Restoration Staff Mainbar||Shock Staff bar|
|Slot 1: Healing Ward||Slot 1: Cinder Storm|
|Slot 2: Combat Prayer||Slot 2: Elemental Blockade|
|Slot 3: Healing Springs||Slot 3: Elemental Drain|
|Slot 4: Obsidian Shard||Slot 4: Energy Orb|
|Slot 5: Fragmented Shield||Slot 5: Cauterize|
|Ultimate: Life Giver||Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn|
Championpoints [750 CP]
18 Master-at-Arms, 9 Staff Expert
75 Blessed, 73 Elfborn, 15 Spell Erosion, 37 Elemental Expert
10 Tumbling, 46 Shadow Ward
75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 23 Spell Shield
Championpoints [300 CP]
61 Blessed, 40 Elfborn, 1 Spell Erosion
49 Arcanist, 49 Tenacity
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
Witchmothers Brew Drink (Max Health, Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
Clockwork Citrus Filet
The Atronach ( Increased Magicka Recovery)
(Spell-crit, Spell Damage, Magicka)
(Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth)
In case you are still unsure on how to mix the ingredients together, you can check out a alchemy simulator here: Alchemy Simulator
- Ardent Flame: Combustion, Warmth, Searing Heat, World in Ruin
- Draconic Power: Iron Skin, Burning Heart, Elder Dragon; Scaled Armor
- Earthen Heart: Eternal Mountain, Battle Roar, Mountains Blessing, Helping Hands
- Restoration Staff: Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master
- Destruction Staff: Tri Focus, Penetrating Magic, Elemental Force, Ancient Knowledge, Destruction Expert
- Light Armor: Recovery, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration
- Heavy Armor: Juggernaut
- Fighters Guild: Banish the Wicked
- Mages Guild: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magick, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All
- Alchemy: Medicinal Use
- Psijic Order: Optional
31.07.2018 Added Build for Wolfhunter DLC, Magicka Dragonknight Healer Build Obsidian